Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom Content Problem!!
Hi Im having trouble installing custom content objects (hair, objects,ect.)

Well, im trying to install a hairstyle, i've correctly downloaded it and extracted it but when i double click on it to installl a message pops up saying ' Please double-click a custom content package file to install the content'
Every time i double click on the hairstyle i want to install, that pops up.
Its really frustrating cause i really want that hairstyle and I don't know what to do!
Could someone please help!
All help would truely be appreciated!! :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:36 AM
Are they .package files or .sims2pack files?

If they're packages, you can just drop them into the downloads folder can be done with it. If they're sims2packs, use the Clean Installer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:54 AM
It says they're a PACKAGE file.
What do you mean 'you can just drop them into the downloads folder can be done with it.'
Please explain...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 6:55 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.
Everything you need to know is explained above. Don't double-click package files - put them in Downloads as detailed above.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.