Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed ears as CAS sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM by CmarNYC : updated information

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Field Researcher
#51 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 4:09 PM
This was a really usefull upload and something which I really needed in my game. How could EA miss them? Thank you so much for making them. This must be a lot of hard work! I have already tested them and they are awesome.

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#52 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oepu
This was a really usefull upload and something which I really needed in my game. How could EA miss them? Thank you so much for making them. This must be a lot of hard work! I have already tested them and they are awesome.

Thanks so much! I'm a great admirer of your hairs, skins, clothes, and other creations (talk about hard work!) so that really means a lot. :D
Test Subject
#53 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 11:04 PM
I can't remember if I thanked you for these already, so I'm doing it now... possibly again? lol! These are awesome! Soooo much better than ears as accesories! I'm very impressed. :D
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:13 AM
Thank you so much!
Hoped that it would be possible one day ;-)
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 8:01 AM
You are awesome... ...I can't wait for someone to make an awesome Spock..X)..now it is possible woot!
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 11:21 PM
yea so it doesn't work... I'm not understanding why. installed everything into the "Mods" folder as normal for .package files. Went to my game and looked at the ear sliders - nothing appears... Anything I've done wrong? I can't imagine so...
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 11:30 PM
I just took the files out of the mods folder and re-downloaded and replaced. Nothing happened, no slider, no nice ears. I feel a little jipped
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vulpine_guy
I just took the files out of the mods folder and re-downloaded and replaced. Nothing happened, no slider, no nice ears. I feel a little jipped

Just to confirm, do you have the packages in your "mods\packages" folder, and the resource.cfg set up correctly? (Or are you using the Installer Monkey?) Does other CC work for you?

Are you looking in the CAS ear section, where the ear size and rotation are? Have you tried scrolling down to see if the new sliders are just not on the screen?

What operating system are you using? (The only other person who's complained uses a Mac, but she says the sliders show in CAS but don't work.) What game patch? (This was developed and tested on 1.4.6, and beta tested by several other people.)

Have you tried Delphy's breast mods and do they work?
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 2:58 AM
Other custom content does work for me, I have re-downloaded and replaced my resource.cfg file just in case, @ that point I re-downloaded the ears and put those into my mods folder. Still nothing! The CAS screen shows no signs of anything new under the appropriate screen. Yes I am looking in the screen which displays the ear size and rotation. I am using Windows Vista. I have not tried the breast mods yet, those a a little weird to me, lol. Anything else you could think I might be doing wrong? I can't seem to find anything I could have left out. I can post screen pics if you would like...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#60 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 2:22 PM
Other custom content does work for me, I have re-downloaded and replaced my resource.cfg file just in case, @ that point I re-downloaded the ears and put those into my mods folder. Still nothing! The CAS screen shows no signs of anything new under the appropriate screen. Yes I am looking in the screen which displays the ear size and rotation. I am using Windows Vista. I have not tried the breast mods yet, those a a little weird to me, lol. Anything else you could think I might be doing wrong? I can't seem to find anything I could have left out. I can post screen pics if you would like...

Screen pics might help. I don't use Vista myself but I've read that there can be problems with permissions: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...sta_Permissions

About all I can suggest is that you check that the account you're using to play has the same permissions to the ear packages as to the other CC you're using. Maybe someone with Vista would be able to jump in here with other ideas. Also if you would try the breast mods it would at least tell us if possibly Vista has a problem with slider mods, since Delphy's sliders and mine work on the same principle.
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 3:12 PM
yep thank you
Field Researcher
#62 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 3:38 PM
YEEEEEEESSS!! I've been hoping this would be possible some day, thank you so much! :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Forum Resident
#63 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:04 PM
My laptop is Vista and the sliders work fine in my game. Sometimes you need to turn off the UAC to install items. That's what I'd suggest.
Scholar
#64 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 6:40 AM
Is there a way to make the ears stick out hore horizontally rather than straight up?
I got some slight horizontal angle...but not enough.
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 7:36 AM
Oh, this is great! I was so annoyed when I couldn't do pointy ears anymore with TS3. Thanks a lot!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
Is there a way to make the ears stick out hore horizontally rather than straight up?
I got some slight horizontal angle...but not enough.

You can get more of a tilt using Rick and Delphy's facial slider hack if your game isn't patched, or the facial slider hack in Awesomemod or Indiestone. Also I've been considering doing an alternate version of the ear tilt for a more horizontal effect.
Test Subject
#67 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 4:04 PM
awesome!!! i wish they had this in sims 2!!!
Forum Resident
#68 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 4:07 PM
Pick this upload already

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Inventor
#69 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 12:48 AM
These are perfect I love anime and fantasy sims, Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 3:45 AM
Default Not Working

I'm also having problems with this mod. While I can see the sliders, and can adjust the ears, it only stays as long as I am in CAS. As soon as I go into play mode the ears return to normal. I have tried re downloading and re installing this mod to no effect. Any ideas?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metrophanes
I'm also having problems with this mod. While I can see the sliders, and can adjust the ears, it only stays as long as I am in CAS. As soon as I go into play mode the ears return to normal. I have tried re downloading and re installing this mod to no effect. Any ideas?

Could you go into the Options menu, first tab (Graphics), and post or PM me the Screen Size and Sim Detail you're using? Also your operating system - Mac, Vista, WinXP? Thanks!
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 5:54 PM
*CHEER* Thank you soooooo much! I nearly cried when I realized I couldn't have elves in my Sims. This truly made my day (I squealed and terrified my cat and husband LOL).
Test Subject
#73 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 9:02 PM
Ty They are awsome! Yey sexy elves hehe :D

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Could you go into the Options menu, first tab (Graphics), and post or PM me the Screen Size and Sim Detail you're using? Also your operating system - Mac, Vista, WinXP? Thanks!

Screen Size is 800X600, it is not in full screen mode and screen refresh rate is set to default.
Object hiding is enabled, as are reflections, Animation smoothing and advanced rendering are not enabled.
Edge smoothing is high, Visual effects, lighting and shadows are low, Tree detail is medium, Draw distance is medium, High detail lots is set to 2, texture detail is high, and Sim detail is set to very high.

Most of that information is probably irrelevant to the problem.

Also, I'm on a Vista computer, but I know it's not a problem with the UAC (which is turned off) or a Vista conflict itself since my sister's Vista runs your mod just fine. Making me very confused.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metrophanes
Screen Size is 800X600, it is not in full screen mode and screen refresh rate is set to default.
Object hiding is enabled, as are reflections, Animation smoothing and advanced rendering are not enabled.
Edge smoothing is high, Visual effects, lighting and shadows are low, Tree detail is medium, Draw distance is medium, High detail lots is set to 2, texture detail is high, and Sim detail is set to very high.

Most of that information is probably irrelevant to the problem.

Also, I'm on a Vista computer, but I know it's not a problem with the UAC (which is turned off) or a Vista conflict itself since my sister's Vista runs your mod just fine. Making me very confused.

Hmm, both you and the other person having this problem are playing on Vista in windowed mode. (She's not on Mac, I was mistaken.) I can't duplicate the problem on XP in windowed mode and the same settings as you; too bad.

1 - To go back to basics - if you didn't delete your cache files when you installed this, please do that and try again. (myDocuments\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - whatever the equivalent is in Vista - delete all package files with Cache in the name.)

2. When I made this mod I did only the two highest levels of detail for the ears, figuring a relatively small feature like this wouldn't show when zoomed out to a lower lod. Probably a mistake. I've attached a package for the pointed ears and all the levels of detail for the adult male and female. (NOT the young adults, just adults.) Please delete my 'cmar-ears-pointed' package and try this one instead, and see if the up-pointed ears work for the adults.

Let me know what happens!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cmar_pointed_ears_test.zip (4.0 KB, 112 downloads)
Description: test package - adult male and female pointed only
Page 3 of 12