Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:21 PM
Default Lot Makeovers From Pleasantview & Twikkii Island
I recently (yesterday, in fact) set up a site that aims to catalogue and link all of the makeovers of Maxis/EA lots that are available for download, as a resource for (potential) downloaders and/or people who want to make the lots over themselves and are looking for inspiration. You can find the site here.

I have set up the Pleasantview and Twikkii Island pages already and would love links to any lot makeovers from those 'hoods that I haven't included on the site yet! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :-)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:29 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I know you took a few from my site, but there are a few more I did. There just not labeled as the same in game name.

Bah humbug! Off I go to look for them then :-D Thanks for letting me know!

**ETA** I found 10 Oak Street and Don's place. Also one from Strangetown and a couple of bin houses (Cape Cod & Family Farmhouse). Is that all of them?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 8:22 PM
This just makes me want to post up my entire Pleasantview Redo! Maybe I'll put a few of the more interesting ones up soon.

Found you this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=300166

Thank you for this, I'm def gonna grab a few of those community lot redos for myself. Really great ideas that I missed!

Would you consider using pics of the original houses from the sims wiki? I had a hard time recognizing some of the lots.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 6:42 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 5th Feb 2014 at 7:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
This just makes me want to post up my entire Pleasantview Redo! Maybe I'll put a few of the more interesting ones up soon.

Found you this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=300166

Thank you for this, I'm def gonna grab a few of those community lot redos for myself. Really great ideas that I missed!

Would you consider using pics of the original houses from the sims wiki? I had a hard time recognizing some of the lots.

Oh, please do! :-) I'd love to be able to have an entire Phaenohview in my game :-D

Thank you for the link :-) I will add it now. I'm glad you found the site useful too. It's nice to know that some people have at least seen the site - I was telling my Dad about it the other day and he asked me if he was the only person who'd looked at it! Now I can tell him that both you and HL have as well :-D

The first column is pics of the original houses from the wiki - from the page you linked. Were they not clear enough? If you clicked on the pics in the first (furthest left on the screen) column of pictures, the ones with the names/addresses of the lots underneath them, you should've been taken to the sims wiki entry for that lot. Was it not working properly? I need to add a FAQ/how to use page as well, I think :-) And I'd like to add info about EP's/SP's required for each makeover and whether or not the lots contain CC. And I have another 13 'hoods worth of lots to do!

**ETA** And I just found another dozen or so Pleasantview lot makeovers to add! The expression "bitten off more than I can chew" is starting to come to mind!
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Oh, please do! :-) I'd love to be able to have an entire Phaenohview in my game :-D
Snapped this last night: New Pleasantview. We are still slowly recovering, but all the occupied houses are remade and a few of the others already. I'm hoping your links can save me some time on the comm lots.

The first column is pics of the original houses from the wiki - from the page you linked. Were they not clear enough? If you clicked on the pics in the first (furthest left on the screen) column of pictures, the ones with the names/addresses of the lots underneath them, you should've been taken to the sims wiki entry for that lot. Was it not working properly?

The pictures don't load The link works fine though. Tried on my work comp and home. :\
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 7:27 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 5th Feb 2014 at 8:28 PM.
Looks awesome! :-) I hope you do decide to share some more of your lot makeovers - I love the ones of yours I found and included on the database :-) And I hope that the links on my site do help you out with the community lots - though part of me kind of hopes you end up making them over them and sharing them! :-D

That's really weird! This is what it looks like when I view the page:

I wonder why they don't work for you? Which browser do you use? The Wiki pictures are uploaded to Weebly in exactly the same way as the lot makeover pictures, so I don't know why they're not showing up :-( If anyone else reads this, please could you let me know if they show up for you? :-)

**ETA** My Dad can't see them either..... :-( BAH! At least, he can't see the inhabited residential lots ones but he can see the uninhabited residential lot ones and the community lot ones. And all of the ones on the Twikkii Island page. Can you see any of them, Phae?

*Edited Again* I have made a discovery! I have mobile broadband and it's quite slow so it doesn't load the images at very high quality but gives me the option to Shift+R click on them to improve the quality. When I do this on the pictures for the original inhabited lot pictures they disappear. When I do it on any of the other pictures they improve in quality. I feel that this would help me solve the problem if I had the slightest idea what it meant! It certainly seems significant.... :-D Anyone got any ideas?

**And Edited Yet Again** I think I've fixed the problem. Do they work now, Phae (and anyone else who looks!)? :-)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:05 AM
I love that you have created this valuable resource. Thanks.

Now I just wish that more of the lot makeovers only required up to BV because I'm on a Mac.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:10 PM
Pictures appear to load fine for me.

If I may give a suggestion, I think you may get a bit more structure and make it easier for the downloader if you make sub-categories in each hood for the different lot. That way, if you are looking for a remake of a specific lot, you just look under that heading, rather than trying to find which of all the tiny pictures show the lot you want.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:50 PM
Thanks, hweldon81 :-) I did notice that most of the makeovers require all EP's and SP's - such a shame!

What do you mean by sub-categories, gummilutt? What kind of sub-categories?
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 2:58 PM
I think what is meant is that instead of showing pictures of all the different ways all the houses are remade is to group them by which house they are, so you can see all the versions of the same house at a glance. I looked at it again, and realized you *have* done this, but it's not immediately apparent. Perhaps adding in line breaks between each house, or making the maxis version stand out a bit more somehow?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:17 PM
Thank you for the feedback, Phaenoh :-)

I've just finished setting up the Takemizu Village page and I have used different layouts for each original Maxis lot - I'd really appreciate it if people could have a look at the page and let me know which one they like best. I'd strongly recommend clicking on things (pictures and text) to see what happens, as that's a major difference between them.

I've also added a FAQ page, which I'll link from the introductory text on the site's home page. The FAQ page will include information on the layout of the site, how to use it and what will happen when you click on different things! Obviously there's no point writing anything for it until I decide on the final layout, so it's just a blank page for now.

All feedback is much appreciated, everyone, so please check it out and let me know which layout(s) you prefer (and why, if possible)! :-D

**ETA** I'm still WCIF'ing lot makeovers as well, by the way - for Pleasantview, Strangetown, Twikkii Island, Takemizu Village, Downtown and the Lot Bin lots. Links are, as always, much appreciated! :-)
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2014 at 3:53 PM
Thanks, hweldon81 :-) I did notice that most of the makeovers require all EP's and SP's - such a shame!

What do you mean by sub-categories, gummilutt? What kind of sub-categories?

How do you know if you need any/all expansions for the upload to work?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th May 2014 at 9:39 PM
I noticed this says "Pleasantview", but ?. Here is a remake of the Spector house. It was called "Gothic" but really wasn't. The hall to the bed and bath on the right side of the house were a traffic jam. I added a second floor, but kept the original foot-print. I tried to make it more Gothic, and make it look more old-fashioned and "richer".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th May 2014 at 9:48 PM
I'm planning to make over a number of lots, so far just the Broke trailer which I haven't uploaded yet. Two versions made up and made down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 8:23 PM
Re the Broke trailer: It always bothered me that Brandy had a big lavish bedroom, and that tiny "killer Swimming pool"...erk. And the front porch was a traffic jam. By deleting unnecessary stuff, there is enough money to make a better floor plan. And with Beau working, soon there is enough money to expand so there is room for 2 boys and a baby.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
#17 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:18 AM
No one pointed this out yet, but you have the Lothario and Caliente pics mixed up. Just switching the text descriptions will work I think.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:26 AM
You can add my makeovers of the Broke trailer if you like. https://www.modthesims.info/d/525926

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 4:53 PM
This is a great idea!!! I think you got all mine (that I've uploaded, anyway!) I've got a LOT more to upload...
When you get to Three Lakes and Belladonna Cove - I've got a few of those up already here on MTS.

Thank you - you have motivated me to clear my desktop, and get lots of lots uploaded.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths