Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 4:18 AM Last edited by Scribbler3900 : 22nd Oct 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Will an unconnected bridge cause lag
Will a reversed bridge result in routing issues or any lag associated? I'm 99.8% sure it will, but my game is not working and cannot test

The roof/walkway in green the reversed bridge. It is not connected to any road.

bridge is Graham_Bridge_Large_Rust_38
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 1:29 AM
Please, anyone? I know I'm making an ass of myself but a yes or no, even stated in a rude way would suffice. (are you angry today? take it out on me double-posting it's ok)
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 8:53 AM
I suspect you are not getting a response because no one really knows the answer. The real question, perhaps, is why you would make an unconnected bridge? It's not something which is commonly done. Generally the idea of a bridge is that it actually leads to something.

I suspect you will have to do a lot of experimentation. Play the world for a while without the bridge, then play with it for a while with the bridge. By a while, I mean for a generation or two. Then see if there is visible lag and whether sims seem to be getting stuck.

I would suggest that the general rule of thumb is that you do not want to be doing weird stuff. Whenever you do something weird, the odds of the world going haywire increase. If you insist on doing something weird, like having unconnected bridges, you really need to playtest it extensively.