Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 4:39 PM
Default NewMesh Thumbnails-NoShow!
I am having a problem with most of the new meshes in that my thumbnails do not show up in BodyShop when I test them on another computer other than my own. They show up as a Maxis default. The thumbnails show just fine in the game on both computers....(the Thumbnails show just fine in my BodyShop on my computer on which they were created....In my zip files I am including my new texture and the MESH file of the person who created them. I thought that maybe I must include the creators texture...so I tested this by putting it also in the Downloads folder on the other computer, but this did not correct the problem....Is anyone else having this problem? What am I missing?...These are from two different Mesh creators!....I need to resolve this before I offer them for download on my site.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:05 PM
all of my downloads won't show up in the bodyshop at all but they show up in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:44 PM
Well...I resolved this particular problem, but I still don't know what happened. As it turned out it involved three different textures that I made for some new meshes on two different days. I resolved it by exporting them again and re-importing them with new names....They now show up in the other computer's BodyShop...So ...It is not a mesh problem! That is good news. However, If anyone can tell why Bodyshop failed to issue Thumbnails in three out of ten textures....please let me know....Has this happened to anyone?. Now I am afraid to offer anything for download without checking it out on a second computer. This does not solve Paine's problem however.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 6:58 PM
not even my own thing' s will show up ( not fair :screems: )
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 3:11 AM
Please do NOT discuss technical issues in a Beta Testing/Downloading Forum. Arrrgh! Read descriptions - thank you =P

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cashew
However, If anyone can tell why Bodyshop failed to issue Thumbnails in three out of ten textures....please let me know....Has this happened to anyone?.

The first time an object shows up with a new name and/or GUID, rhe game creates a thumbnail for it. If the package is defective somehow (naming issue causing it to be invisible, for example), the snapshot will also be defective, likewise. Even though you fix the problem, the original thumbnail will continue to be used until you either:
1. Change the name.
2. Change the GUID.
3. Use SimPE to delete all the invisible thumbnails for the appropriate thumbnails .package.
4. Copy the original thumbnail package over top of the current one (it's in the game install directory, and had copies of all the original game thumbnails).
5. Just delete the thumbnail package altogether and let the game recreate them as needed.
I prefer to use #4 solution myself, as #3 takes a little while to do. #5 has the disadvantage of interfering with object workshop displaying icons for objects until you have eventually paged your way through the entire catalog.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
One of those Maxoids
#7 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
The first time an object shows up with a new name and/or GUID, rhe game creates a thumbnail for it. If the package is defective somehow (naming issue causing it to be invisible, for example), the snapshot will also be defective, likewise. Even though you fix the problem, the original thumbnail will continue to be used until you either:
1. Change the name.
2. Change the GUID.
3. Use SimPE to delete all the invisible thumbnails for the appropriate thumbnails .package.
4. Copy the original thumbnail package over top of the current one (it's in the game install directory, and had copies of all the original game thumbnails).
5. Just delete the thumbnail package altogether and let the game recreate them as needed.
I prefer to use #4 solution myself, as #3 takes a little while to do. #5 has the disadvantage of interfering with object workshop displaying icons for objects until you have eventually paged your way through the entire catalog.
<* Wes *>

If you have the testing cheats enabled, you can CTRL+RMB click on the thumbnail to have it refresh. This works for most thumbnails in the game, but not all.
Alchemist
#8 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxoidTom
If you have the testing cheats enabled, you can CTRL+RMB click on the thumbnail to have it refresh. This works for most thumbnails in the game, but not all.

Oh, cool.

There are 6 ways to do this.... :-)

Thanks for the tip, Tom.
<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.