Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Rabbit Hole Doors

by Arsil Posted 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:05 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2015 at 9:25 AM by Arsil : description update

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:28 PM
Aaah so it's finally been done! The only reason I never downloaded any careers is because they had to share entrance with EA careers. So now we can make Bus Depot rabbitholes, brothel rabbitholes etc, this is brilliant stuff.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 9:49 PM
Wow! How interesting, Arsil! Thanks.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 1:21 AM
I think I get it though! This is a huge improvement!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:19 AM
This is really interesting. I remember those doors, although I didn't use them much as there seemed to be routing problems. I presume you fixed those problems? Or at least, I hope so.

You have five doors - do they each have a different appearance? If so, is there any way to include those appearances in your screenshots? I only see two different door types, so I wondered if you had more than those two.

Thank you for making these - this will make it so we can have more customized worlds when we want to!
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:54 AM Last edited by Arsil : 4th Mar 2015 at 12:47 PM.
First of all, I apologize for forgetting to thank AussomeDays for her help.
I've updated the mod description. Sorry! I've also added velocitygrass to
the credits for her "enum injection" system.

I don't think the doors have routing issues, but the routing looks awkward indeed.
To improve that I use a simple trick: I put half-walls or fences or vases at the sides
of the door (like in the screenshot, but it works better if you "cover" it 2 tiles long).

All the doors look the same, in fact they all use the same mesh. I'm not much of a
mesher (not to mention this use a ridiculous amount of geostates).
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 12:24 PM
This is going to be so useful.Now I have an excuse to build more community lots.Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:33 PM
This is amazing, thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:01 PM
WARNING: Please read the updated mod description!
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:29 AM
This looks interesting! I love the idea of these doors and definetly want to use them.
Just a couple of queries; So, you have 5 doors that can be renamed. I have practically all of Missy Hissy's careers and some others from Mod The Sims and I intend to build some custom offices for at least 10-15 of them. So are we limited to only using 5 careers to match to the 5 doors even though we can rename the doors? Can each door be used more than once if say 2 careers are configured with S3PE to 'ArsilCustomRabbitHole1' in 2 different lots? Will they conflict with eachother and the sims won't go to the right place to work? Am I overthinking things? I hope I'm not being too confusing with my questions lol. Thanks for creating these anyway!
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Arsil : 5th Mar 2015 at 10:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
This is really interesting. I remember those doors, although I didn't use them much as there seemed to be routing problems. I presume you fixed those problems? Or at least, I hope so.

Maybe the issues you were referring to are related to "stray RabbitHoleDoorJigs". I've update again the first part
of the mod description because this deserves a better explanation.

By the way, see the screenshot to see what happens if you remove legit RabbitHoleDoorJigs
(I repeat, regular RabbitHoles use those too).

One last thing for completeness sake: what prevents to click on the ground in the front or the back of the doors,
is not the door's footprint but the jig's footprint. So maybe the routing could be made less awkward after all by
nearing the routing slots to the door (but I fear this way bottlenecks are more likely). Sorry for my English.

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
So are we limited to only using 5 careers to match to the 5 doors even though we can rename the doors? Can each door be used more than once if say 2 careers are configured with S3PE to 'ArsilCustomRabbitHole1' in 2 different lots? Will they conflict with eachother and the sims won't go to the right place to work?

You can assign to the same door all the careers you want.
They will not conflict and you should get the interaction "Transfer Job here" (or something like that)
if you place the same RabbitHoleDoor more than one time (just like regular RabbitHoles).
At least I think that's a basegame interaction and doesn't come with a mod...
Screenshots
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:20 AM
You are amazing. I've been praying for a mod like this and you've just answered that prayer.
I'll add a link to this mod on my blog because a lot of people are going to love this! <3
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
You can assign to the same door all the careers you want.
They will not conflict and you should get the interaction "Transfer Job here" (or something like that)
if you place the same RabbitHoleDoor more than one time (just like regular RabbitHoles).
At least I think that's a basegame interaction and doesn't come with a mod...

Thanks for your reply, that's great! I'm not sure if the 'Transfer Job Here' interaction is base game or mod related but I see it all the time and have used it in a large world when a sim moves to the other side of the world and I have to add another work place lot for him nearer to his home. These rabbithole doors of yours will make that so much better! Thanks so much
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:38 AM
Great Job Arsil, these are very usefull but I seem to have a problem with door 4 bringing up door 1 data when I click on it, name and icon are correct but the career is the one I assigned to door 1 all the others are working fine and dandy. Be gratefull if you could look into this when you get a minute, thanks.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 9:56 AM
Fixed. Thanks for the feedback ^^

Haven't tested, but you'll probably have to delete the door (be careful about the jigs) and place a new one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 5:38 AM Last edited by BlaGGeR : 12th Mar 2015 at 7:44 PM.
Thanks m8, already on the jigs for a while now from original jynx doors and various other stuff. Nrass errortrap is causing most and so I,ve taken to just running errortrap one session in a while then removing it and using town hall Nrass Master controller - Town / object stats / not inventory to show all the jigs left behind (in my current world about 240 of em ) which you can then safely flush.
Now all we need is something like the ultimate careers mod by Zerbu that uses the doors to create a workplace only with a bit of configurability such as the ability to choose what objects and activities advance the career...."hint,hint" :D
Thanks again Arsil, you're creating some great stuff and we all appreciate you.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 8:53 PM
Hi Arsil,

Regarding this in your mods description:
Quote:
Let me start crediting Jynx, the original author of the RabbitHole Doors. I used as base
for this mod the Pets-Fixed version found in the NRaas site, not sure if that's also by
Jynx, I couldn't find informations about that to thank and credit properly its author.

They are indeed Jinx's stuff untouched over at NRaas. And actually not even hosted by NRaas, but on my own personal mediafire account with links provided on the NRaas site. Around September 2014 (or earlier) CustomsSims.com went suddenly dark, the place where Jinx hosted those replacements RH Rugs and Doors, since I already downloaded those and some in our NRaas community were looking for those. I've made them available for download.

I nor NRaas take credit for them, nor do we intend to do anything with them and are free for anyone to download.

Hopes this clarifies where these Replacements RH Rugs and Doors comes from and keep up the good work you offer, here on MTS!

Cheers,
J4Ks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 4:24 PM
Great job, Arsil! Gonna give these a go as soon as I can tear my other half away from the pc long enough to put them in the game, lol.

Take care :) ,

Amanda
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 10:54 AM Last edited by Arsil : 16th Mar 2015 at 4:09 PM.
Thanks stevset for clarifing that, I felt horrible for not knowing who to credit for the pet-fixed version.
I've updated the description accordingly. And also thank you for hosting the files ^^
Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 1:03 AM
Just to make sure, do the green arrows on the doors point inwards towards the inside of the room or outwards?
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:16 AM Last edited by Arsil : 23rd Mar 2015 at 2:13 PM.
I don't remember, I think they have to point outside, but you can try both safely and find out which is the right one
using the interaction to buy/investe in the RabbitHole (and then interrupting it clicking on the icon in the queue).

EDIT: yep, to the outside.
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I don't remember, I think they have to point outside, but you can try both safely and find out which is the right one
using the interaction to buy/investe in the RabbitHole (and then interrupting it clicking on the icon in the queue).

EDIT: yep, to the outside.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. Yes you're right the arrows need to be pointing outwards - I was wondering why my sims couldn't walk through some of them I placed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:43 PM
OOOOOOH! I love these doors. Question. Is there anyway you could make a full set of wooden door rabbitholes. I am living/working in the old west neighborhoods and the full glass doors just wont fit in very well. If you can or do have the time .... you will be my saving angel. I use Zebo with them when I am playing a family/lot and the doors are just perfect.

Thank you in advance.
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:57 AM
I see your point. I've used the original meshes, I'm not a mesher myself, I can do very simple things but I'm not good at it nor I enjoy it.
So I'm afraid I can't help. If someone wants to clone them to make alternative versions, pay attention to the diagonal index in the OBJDs.

EDIT: Maybe I can do something else for you.

I made a rug version of the custom rabbit hole #1 (CustomOne).
It requires the main mod (only because I'm too lazy to make it standalone).
I'm not sure, but maybe there's a way to remove the door opening/closing sounds
(I just verified that also Jynx's original rugs have that issue). I'll check about it someday.

Instructions to make the other 4 custom rabbit hole rugs:
- clone, ticking the renumbering option, the rug with S3OC (change its name and tick "Copy English to all languages")
- open the new package with S3PE - right click on the OBJK resource and select "Edit OBJK" from the popup menu
- replace the last part of the script string, CustomOne, with CustomTwo
- save, commit changes, save the package
- repeat using CustomThree, CustomFour and CustomFive

This is not the most efficient way to do it (since they all use the same meshes and resources
it's a waste to clone them for every single rug) but, like I said, I'm too lazy and not in the mood
to do it properly myself.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Arsil_CustomRabbitHoleRug1.package.zip (745.5 KB, 253 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:13 AM
Thank you so much for responding. I am "old" and it takes me longer to get "things" but I do understand what you said. I really appreciate you. By the way I love your mods. I use several of your mods in my western lands.
Page 1 of 2