Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:06 PM
I may not be able to make this round, but I really hope i can
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
My apologies for not responding sooner! It's been a pretty hectic couple of day.

I have edited the contest thread, to provide everyone with an extra few days. I'm also going to split the current round into two. So, instead of chronicling both families for 14 photos overall, you need only do one of the families for the original 7 photographs.

The next round you'll have the opportunity to showcase the second family.

oh thank you! I just finished one family, and I whimpered at the thought of starting the second right now.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:38 PM
Awesome! I guess I can stay in this contest now! I'll have my entry today or tomorrow hopefully!

:P
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM
good good. I shall be getting on to that now- hmmm which family first?????
Scholar
#80 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:32 PM
Round II (Sorry about the crappy picture quality! I keep forgetting to change the file extention type before saving, so the result are these grainy/blurry pics. JPEG's are the devil.)

Looking at the house, I was a little worried...it looked so small compared to my home. Exactly what was I getting myself into? I didn't sign up for this, I don't think. Surely the TV producers wouldn't want to cause friction. Frustration and friction don't sell. I don't think. Oh, what am I thinking...of course they do. Everything you think you know about television, just stow it...they know what they're doing.

The living room doesn't look like much, a few ratty couches that look like they could have belonged to whoever's grandmother. I'm not sure if living here is going to be alright...I mean...if I had money, I would work on re-decorating right now. Maybe re-upholstering and stuffing those ratty old sofas. And a mini-van in their driveway? Really? Robert and I don't have a car, but if we did...we wouldn't have a mini-van!

This kitchen area is absolutely tiny! How do they survive this? I can barely stand my own kitchen and it's huge! Maybe I should have read that contract a little more thoroughly, instead of just jumping in. Are they attempting to place us with polar opposites or something? All they really need to add to this house is an extension or two. Or three. Or five.

Hi, Angela here, since I'm employed, I usually rely on Dylan for the housework. I'll help out occasionally, but usually I cook dinner. Please don't allow Dylan near the stove! He usually starts fires. Serena MUST do her homework directly after school if she wants to play with her friends, she'll usually try to sneak it by you by bringing home the other neighborhood kids from school, but it doesn't matter. He friend can watch television while she does her homework.If you happen to come home from the market or something, and the house is a mess, don't worry to much about it...Dylan just got some inspiration, and can be found in the backyard painting.
She's joking, right? This is going to be a piece of cake! How much mess can one stay-at-home dad, and one little girl cause?

Suddenly, I felt someone watching me. And there he was, Angela's better half. His mustache was getting into it's unkempt stages...and I wasn't sure what to do. So I stuck out my hand and said: "Nice to meet you Dylan." He stared at me for a bit, finally extending his own hand, he smiled. Next, the little demon I assumed was Serena came bounding through the door, and in one breath said "heydadibroughtafriendhomefromschoolcanweplay?" All I heard was friend and school...I remembered what Angela said about Serena's homework, and just as Dylan was about to concede and let her play, I spoke up. "You need to do your homework first, Serena." Her reply? "Who are you?" But after a look from her father, she bounded up the stairs to obey. Easy peasy.

"To be honest, I think Lucinda is nice. She reminds me of my wife in a way...except for..well..." he blushes "her hair color. I think this won't be to bad. Serena seems a little stricken by the idea, but she'll adjust. Kids are good at that. As long as she doesn't push me, I think Lucinda and I will get along just fine. I'm a little confused about how all of this is supposed to work, though. I would assume that Lucinda will be staying in Serena's room and that Serena will be sleeping with me for the duration though."

"Well, she's good at acting like my mom. But it doesn't mean that she is. That's kinda presumptious of her to come in here and start telling me what to do like that. Dad reamed me out for my comment, but then smiled at me and hugged me afterward. I don't know about this. I mean...Mom wouldn't have been so rude about it, you know? When is this thing ending again?"

(Sorry, my confusion of the rules may have caused any muck-ups...if I did anything wrong, please feel free to correct me. Let me know.)
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:38 PM
WOW thats really good. Its also given me an idea 4 mine i'll get working on it 2morrow! XD
Field Researcher
#82 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:16 AM
Default Round II-
Tiffany Thomson is spending some time with the Smith Family. Tiffany loves the outdoors and loves to bring it inside. She is a free spirit with little funds because her software that she has been working on is still in the process of being made. Her husband just got fired so, he decided to create his own website selling items. All these things made them appreciate what they have and not worry about the money.

As I walked through the door I thought wow what a large living room. I couldn't believe that they wasted so many trees just for a large room to hold very little. The family obviously has a very modern style and that is just not me. I felt like I just arrived on another planet.

I passed by a large Tuscan style kitchen. Why must they mix all different styles. I went up the stairs and to the first bedroom. The walls were bright pink with butterflies. The bed looked like a princess bed. Everything but the flooring was cotton candy pink. I couldn't believe my eyes. Why would they give this girl everything she ever wanted and spoiled her. That will make her a horrible person when she grows up.

I at that point has seen enough. I went to all the other rooms upstairs to find my room. I could find it. I started panicking I didn't know if I could handle sleeping on the couch. I eventually calmed down and went to look downstairs. I found it and the room was so modern and so unhomey feeling that I just sat on the floor. I started thinking about how my stay would turn out and it made me start to panic and get upset.

After I gathered myself I went to find the manual that told me what rules to live by. I found it and sat it down on the rug in the living room to read.

"Hi, and welcome to my home. I believe that money can really buy happiness. I never discipline my children. I feel spanking my children is wrong and I will never touch them. Because I give them everything they want I have never had a large fight with my children. My house is always kept beautiful just like me. Appearance is everything! I try to keep my children looking fabulous all the time. I have to check my daughters clothing before they are allowed to leave the house. I am trying to become a model and after cleaning the house I leave and go to find work." I started to laugh after reading this I thought to myself that I'm going to go crazy.

The family came home and greeted me. Everyone seemed happy but Leah. She just stared at me. I really hoped that they weren't faking those smiles.

"I hate Tiffany! She looks like she came from nothing and is not pretty in anyway. I am not going to listen to her at all." -Delanie.

"I have it admit that she is really hot! She isn't as hot as my wife in anyway, but boy is she hot! These next days are going to be great."-Fred
Scholar
#83 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:24 AM
That's a great entry! I love that she's a nature buff!
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 4:48 PM Last edited by 3hannah3 : 11th Jul 2009 at 7:56 PM.
Here it is:

Jo is a very free thinking and independent women and thats how she raised her children to be. She is swapping with the Hirst family, very strong believers in family time and very disciplined people.

I stared at the massive house in front of me and my mouth dropped open. Ok so i'm not sure what i was expecting but it certainly wasn't this. I was a little worried at this point- they had to be very rich, what will this wife think of my home now?

When i got into the house another shock came to me. It was extremel y open and almost a little cold. I was instantly drawn to the kitchen. It was massive. I secretly hoped that i wouldn't be spending too much time here. It got me worried...

Next i decided to venture upstairs. I found my bedroom almost sraight away. I loved it! It was very feminime with drapes and i loved the deco. It wasn't too big either so i didn't feel overwhelmed.

I wandered back downstairs and into the living area. On the coffe table i saw the manual. I took a deep breath and read-
I'm a simple farmers wife with a simple life. I'm a stay at home mum of 4 children. Each day i do all the chores of cleaning, cooking, washing and grocery shopping. Every day the whole family have what we call 'family time'. This is where we all go out and do something productive. This can be anything- a nice nature walk or a trip to the swimming pool. I keep my children very disciplined with set bedtimes. The older 2 are only allowed out on Saturdays and have to be picked up by 11 at the latest. Me and my husband tend to go to bed fairly early, ready for the early start of 5am. We don't have much time for each other as we are always busy. I hope you have a good stay at our home.

A few minutes later the family came in. The man- Jack- introduced himself and his children. They all seemed pretty polite and nice. Well apart from Rachael who was giving me evils. The children didn't speak at all. I felt as if i really wasn't wanted and it made me sad. I put a bright smile on though and hoped they would come to like me eventually.

Rachael~ "I'm not sure what to think about Jo. She seems nice enough. Maybe i was a little harsh to give her evils, i mean come on. she can't be worse than my mum, can she?"

Alex~ "I don't like that lady at all. I want my mummy back. Why did she have to go and leave us with her??? I hate her, i hate her, i hate her!!!!!"

(Is that OK)
Scholar
#85 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 6:34 AM
I think it's fine, I haven't gotten a negative response about mine yet...
(it seems to me that we are only going to have 3 contestants.
No one else has posted their round II's.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:17 AM
The current Round is due to end today, at 10PM GMT so I do hope more people get their entries in. I'm at my In-laws right now, so if my replies are a little delayed don't worry - I will reply asap!
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 2:27 PM

So we finally met. :-) Elizabeth seems to be a very nice & warm person... I hope to get to know each other better.

And Manual... looks even nicer! "When it comes to taking care about the house, remember to pay the housekeeper and gardener. Spend some time with Liz, take care about yourself, organize a party so we can keep good social position in the neighborhood, swim, read, have fun! Liz usually cooks, so don't worry!" Well, I think I can handle that! ;-)

So that is what I do: I get relaxed... I eat & drink nice expensive things... I don't have to do much in the house...

I can sleep longer that at my house. I have fun. I swim in the pool.

Yes, that is a completely different life! I like that! I have the time of my life!

Elizabeth:

Well, at first everything looked nice. I thought that I would have fun with Molly. She is not so concentrated on her career - unlike Vanessa.

But then I understood: she has no career! She works in the kitchen. She is so.... well... BORING!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:09 PM
Well I was going to just drop out as I said in an earlier post but, ya know what? I'll see if I can get my round in, things just sort of happened and I may not be around for a few days afterward..I'll work on it now since it's only one family if you can give me some time I can have it up later today .

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:15 PM Last edited by PlumbBobbed : 13th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM.
PlumbBobbed's Round Two Entry

"Easy going mom Pennie of the Harris family has been swapped with strict mother Rachel Elsing. Here is the documentation of Pennie."

I entered the house and immediately my mouth dropped in awe. This family sure had a beautiful house, at least much better than mine. They must be doctors...

The next room I made my way into was the living room. It was spacious enough with big, comfy-looking chairs. Yeah, they have to be doctors to afford all this.

After that, I found myself entering the older two girls' bedroom. It was pink, a very homey looking, unlike the rest of the house. Now I was really beginning to wonder what the family would think of me.

Then I walked into the kitchen to find the manual waiting for me. In shock, I began to read it.

"Hello there and welcome to my home! In this house, we try to keep a sense of order as well as dignity. I believe that my children should be involved in as many extra-curricular activities as possible and that's why we're run on a tight schedule. Every morning, Stephen takes the children to school while I clean the house from top to bottom. Then, at two forty-five, on the dot, I go to pick them up from school. Then we go to ballet practice, soccer, tennis, or student council depending on the day and time of year. Stephen and I don't believe in punishing our children seeing as they're always too busy to get into trouble."

Wow! I can't believe anyone could think like this! Children shouldn't be rushed from place to place just so they stay out of trouble!

[i]"After reading the manual, the Elsing family meets their new wife for the first time.

"My name is Pennie. I'm going to be your new wife for the next two weeks!"
"I'm Stephen and these are my daughters Madeline, Addison, and Ella."
"Nice to meet you all!"
"Great to meet you, too."

"I think Pennie and I got off to a great start! She shares most of my views on current topics that are happening in the world right now. I can't wait to see what happens in the coming days!"

"I really don't like Pennie. She's very plain and she should try wearing some more up-to-date clothing. I'm not going to let her tell me what to do, too. After all, she didn't spend seventeen hours in the hospital giving birth to me!"
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 9:26 PM
Default Ambrose-R2

Anna-When I stepped into the house, it was a bit plain as far as I could see. And didn't really have a "Homey" feel so to speak. Though it was well lit, but you could tell that men lived here.

Anna-THe kitchen was gorgeous, I can tell that from the looks of it that the kitchen was well cared for and well used. Yet it was kept clean, neat and tidy. Okay so things are looking up, and this might not be so bad after all.

Anna-This is the bedroom I'm to be sleeping in, I guess Star likes the color pink. It's pretty messy though, something will have to be done about that. There were books, pencils, colored paper and glue scattered about. The girl owns a Womrat as well that's obviously not cared for by her.

Anna-Yeah so when I met the family my first reaction is to hug people I meet, I'm a warm and friendly person like that. Obviously Julian did not feel that way, he doesn't seem to like being touched. Star just kind of stood there, the poor girl I think she may be in shock.

Anna-Ahh the infamous manual, Hmm..let's see..

Manual-Feed and clean Suki, Keep any alcoholic beverages OUT of the house. Do not let Julian sneak any alcohol, keep the kitchen and the rest of the house tidy. Make sure Star cleans up her mess, she will put up a fight. Julian likes to sleep in late, as well. Also make sure Star goes to bed at 8pm on school nights and does her homework immediatly when she comes
home.

Anna-Yeah I think I can handle this, though it sounds like Julian and Star need to learn some responsibility.

Reations

Star

Star-I don't like her, she took Wren away from daddy. I can make her life a living nightmare! I'm daddy's princess I can do WHAT I want and noone can stop me.

Julian

Julian-She scares me..she's got an air of order about her, she's going to make me do things like clean and junk I just know it. Wren does everthing for me...I want Wren back...I hate this...

((Sorry about the picture quality some just did not want to behave. But I got it done ))

I am L...I am...Justice

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM
Extension? Have it up in a few hours :D

Lab Assistant
#92 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:44 AM
Whatwedobest: Round 2
Entering the House
Victim/Wife: Meredith Dirde

When I first walked in the kitchen I saw the manuel. Which, of course, was bad for me. I mean I AM a RICH sim, not a middle class person. Nevertheless I guess I should go look at it.

Dear Wife-swapped person,
Welcome to my house! Now, as you can see the house is clean at the moment, but don't worry about keeping it that way. Just make sure every Friday you have the Suki clean her and Steve's room before family night. Andrew will explain family night for you! Suki can mostly take care of herself, but make sure she cleans up after her cat. Whatever you do, DO NOT, let the cat out of Suki's room unless she is home. Don't try to clean up Andrew's desk the time you'll be here. It's hopeless. Cook dinner every night, no pizza!
From your swapped, Sakura
Ehh! That doesn't sound good at all!

Well I might as well explore the rest of the kitchen. Looks a little like a homey-housewife thing. The cabinets, counters, spices, yep it's gonna be fun to cook dinner every night here. I wonder where she keeps her cookbooks?

The living room is okay I guess. Medicore, nothing special, not even a piano! How am I supposed to keep up my skills? This room looks a little, cheap I must say. The couch does not have the custom made cloth mine does, how will I ever adjust! The catbed is in here! Disgusting!

I guess I'll check out the nearest bedroom now.
Woah! That was different, everything up until now has been...tan. This room is hideous! Is this her daughter's room? All black and white with candles everywhere! Worst room in the house hands-down, maybe I can re-decorate this room while I'm here...

I heard my name being called so my exploring is over. I guess they want to get this 'family meeting' thing done fairly quickly considering I came here at nightfall. I was going to go party, but I guess I have to do this tonight.
"Hello my name is Meredith, your home is lovely!" I lied through my teeth. They just stared at me, well except the little boy who chewed on his hand.
"Hello Meredith, I'm Andrew, that's Steve, and that's Suki, welcome to our home." The man said. Hmm well he didn't look half-bad, defiantly better than my husband, but certainly poorer.
"Just call me Mere," I tried to say casually, but failed because of the look on the daughter's face. "What's wrong? Is there something on my face?" I asked.
She burst out laughing, "No, but there is cat pee on your sandals and feet!"
Oh my god that is so disgusting!
"There's a shower in the bathroom to the left," The man said sheepishly. "Well I think everyone is tired so let's head to bed. Your room is right next to your chair there."

"What do I think her? Well I have to say she is really pretty, but she seems a bit snotty and like one of those rich people. It was pretty funny when that cat peed on her. I do have a feeling I should keep a close eye on our money savings while she is here though, she looks like a spender."

"You want my opinion? Fine. I think she is a snooty @$$ and that she would rather save her own @$$ than her child's our husbands. She probably spends her money as soon as she gets it, and doesn't care about anyone but herself. This time with her could be fun though, I have a few more tricks than cat pee up my sleeves..."

Scholar
#93 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:10 AM
hah! I love your entry. That's absolutely hilarious about the cat pee. XD
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 3:18 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 19th Jul 2009 at 12:44 AM.

Okay! You've introduced the first family - now is your chance to introduce the second and final family, before the week really starts to hit off! This will work the same as the last round - the only difference is the family!

Well now is your chance to start proving that!

The first half of Round II will centre on the two who are going to be swapped into the other family and the second half of Round II will need to show how they start to integrate into the new house. As such, there are two parts to this Round:

Part 1
3 photographs: The first three photographs must show only the "wife". They can show her/him entering the hosue for the first time, rooting around, seeing the rooms, whatever you like!
1 photograph: Must be your swapped Sim, on her own, showing the reaction to the Manual created by her/his opposite.
Part 1
1 photograph: One of these must show the family meeting the swapped Sim for the very first time
2 photographs: The remaining two photographs must show some of the family members, in a room of your chosing in their house, speaking to the camera about their first impressions of the new "wife" in their home. These two must not have the swapped Sim included in them.
Note: 7 photos for one of the families.

Writing Requirements
The writing amount will remain the same throughout the contest, and you must write at least three lines per picture. For part one, aim to show the "wife's" reaction to the new house and what her reaction to the manual is. For part two, try and detail what the family reaction is to the new intrusion. And aim to have each member of the family giving a response.
The Manual
Yep, you get to do the manual. :-P It doesn't have to be long - just a brief detail of how the house usually works: does the "wife" usually run around picking up after everyone? Are they stringent about letting the place remain a tip?

Round end dates are on the initial page of the contest thread, and will close at 10PM GMT. If you need an extension at all, let me know prior to the Round closing.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 4:25 PM
ok this could be fun! Next family. XD Also just out of interest how many more rounds will their be? Round 2 was split so i was wondering if asny others will be etc.

I'll get working on the next one
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 4:38 PM
I have a question. Exactly when will we be getting our Round 1 scores?
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 5:06 PM
There's no round end date for round 3, and I'm moving to Flordia today which means I won't have computer access for awhile. I hope I can get hooked up and get it in on time in Flordia, I'd like to know about Round 1 too. We were only waiting on one person and it's been awhile....

I am L...I am...Justice

Test Subject
#98 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
Ooops. I have a rule that I don't look at the other entries before I publish mine - I don't want to get suggested, to plagiarise or anything. But now I think I should have... I haven't ever watched a full episode of this show - i didn't know that FIRST the wife looks at the house, and THEN she meets the family. :/ Now my entry doesn't make much sense. Can I change it or what?
Scholar
#99 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about your entry, I think the mix-up isn't to confusing, and it all fits together anyway. :]
Test Subject
#100 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:16 PM

Page 4 of 6