Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2016 at 3:09 PM
Default Extracted packages from FullBuild0 incomplete?
Hi,

I tried extracting some CAS parts from FullBuild0.package, but what I noticed in S3PE is that the extracted packages are incomplete. There are no texture files whatsoever and yet, when I import these packages into TSRW, the garment shows up just fine. However, the rest of the Sim doesn't...and it should. Now, I already knew extracting data from the base game would be a pain, but this is another thing entirely. I think the part I'm looking for is called afTopShirtCollaredLongSleeve_buttons.

Thanks,
Pi

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th May 2016 at 2:20 PM
Hmmm that's weird because it shows up fine for me. TSRW does have these issue where it just doesn't load the body correctly, especially if you're using the latest version or at least a sims 4 compatible TSRW version. I'm not sure why that happens, but you could try extracting all the textures through CTU. If you really want to extract it through the fullbuild packages, don't be surprised there could be textures in the deltabuild packages. Just make S3PE search the name 'afTopShirtCollaredLongSleeve_buttons' in all these packages and eventually the textures should show up.

If they really doesn't show up, you could take a peek in the: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages
THough that will be a pain in the butt to look through >-<
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2016 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Though that will be a pain in the butt to look through >-<

It is anyway...none of the EPs or SPs have this problem.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 13th May 2016 at 3:10 PM
I actually managed to export a death flower through S3OC because the fullbuild packages didn't had the mesh but the texture files. I guess it's something really weird that's going on with EA's Fullbuild/deltabuild packages, that maybe S3PE won't be able to see that many files at once, or that all these base game files might be in the /shared/deltapackages folder.

So the only thing that I could suggest to get the textures somehow is by either keep working with TSRW or get them through CTU.
I think that EA made the base game a bit different than the EPs. I think since Generations, they use a different method on packing their meshes, textures, etc. I believe that if you would do the same thing with the EPs that were released before Generations, you'll have the same issue as with the base game.

So the only thing we all can do is relay on programs like TSRW, CTU and S3OC to extract what we need. >-<