Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 2:47 PM Last edited by LizzyPetit : 5th Feb 2017 at 5:35 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Dark screenshots/ dark screen in window mode
Hello out there,
I hope someone can help me with the following problem:
When taking screenshots using ingame function or print screen, they turn out quite dark, much darker than in game when it's fullscreen. When in window mode, it looks exactly like that screenshot, way too dark. That problem occured lately, I dont know exactly when, but one month ago everything was fine. In the meantime, I added following things: exchange lightingmod (from brntwaffles), installed Reshade 3.0, installed some CC. I didnt change anything that has to do with my graphics card.
Since then I already tried the following to solve the problem:
- uninstalled Reshade 3.0 (for first I thought Reshade could have caused the problem)
- took out HQ mod and lighting mod
- searching the process "igfxpers" as recommended in different websites, for it is known to cause problems like dark screens (but I dont have that process)
- stopping all processes that have to do with user name when playing (recommended in other threads)
- start game completely without CC
- re-installed driver for graphic card
- change refresh rate (this option is shown only in full screen mode anyway, and didnt change anthing)

Nothing helped, the problem is still there, and it is more than annoying, because I started to make a story and really need screenshots that look like in game...

My system:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 5670

I'd appreciate any idea, anything I could try to fix
(btw., English is not my motherlanguage so sorry for any mistakes)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 10:37 AM
Thanks for your answer!
There was no update available, so I re-installed the same driver. My graphics card is a little old... also, I couldn't find another driver, maybe an older version and try that, because AMD has that "control center" that automatically installs your driver.
It seems to me, the brightness of my fullscreen game is the way it normally looks, I also compared with this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/511820 and my window mode and screenshots look like the dark one there.
My only solution for now is to run window mode and try to arrange some lights or use a lighting mod that comes with brighter nights to make the screenshots look like desired, for especially the nights look quite dark (ironically enaugh I always experienced EA nights too bright before my game got that issue, so it's kinda like: "there you go, get happy with your long-wished-for darkness" haha)
Below is another screenshot taken at night that maybe shows it better.
Since there is no gamma-correction option in game at all, maybe I could install Reshade again and just correct the colors and use its screenshot function. But thinking about it, I still believe the darkness occured after installing Reshade. So I will ask in their forums as well and report here if anything comes out in case anyone has similar problems.
In EA forums, the only solution for someone who had a "dark when in fullscreen mode"-problem was to re-install the whole game...I'd really hate that, though...
Screenshots