Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 12:16 AM
Default How to make sims live longer?
In sims 3 there was a game option to choose how many days a sim has until they age up. Is there a way to do that in sims 2, without the aging off cheat?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:12 AM
Elixir of Life. It's the most expensive item in the aspiration rewards and subtracts three days from the life bar.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:15 AM
Make sure to be careful when using the Elixir, however. If a Sim's aspiration level is below Gold, they have a chance of growing older while drinking it.
#4 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:23 AM
You could get a longer aging mod, there are some here on MTS. Just search for "aging" and some will show up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:32 AM
You have a range of options.

Download an individual aging mod which lets you turn off and on individual sims aging. Just be careful not to accidentally click it and wonder why your baby isn't aging up. http://modthesims.info/d/160414

Use something like the simblender to add or remove days.

Put on aging mod which changes how long each life stage lasts for.

Change the age settings in simpe.

Apart from elixer you can also kill sims via the cow plant and drink them for five extra days... very good for vampires and sociopaths.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 9:58 AM
There's an extension on Monique's individual aging done by BoilingOil over at Leefish: Slow Aging Controller. Multiple options -- age normally (7 times a week), age 3 times a week (weds, fri, sun), age 2 times a week (thurs, sun), age 1 time a week (sun), don't age at all. Babies and pets age normally so if you want them to age repsectively you'd need to find a mod that adjusts their agespans.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 1:31 PM
Also any mod which alters the age constants, you can edit yourself. I have a custom one with 2 days to each human year for ages 0-18 and one day to each year thereafter. Adults get a random extra few days depending on chance and aspiration, as do elders so sims can die of old age at different times.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 2:55 PM
Yeah - it's really easy to edit any random age mod to suit your game. I have two different age mods I set up myself, one for my storytelling 'hood and one for my uberhood... and really, the only difficult bit is deciding how long you want each lifestage to last .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:19 PM
Also, there's an option to turn aging off completely that came with the game, but the elixar works great. After that, I like merola's multi-painting object which allows me to easily adjust Sim's ages, motives, jobs, and personalities.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Also, there's an option to turn aging off completely that came with the game, but the elixar works great. After that, I like merola's multi-painting object which allows me to easily adjust Sim's ages, motives, jobs, and personalities.

OP asked for something that did not require cheats.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:24 AM
Ah...I thought she asked for "without cheats". My mistake, I don't consider that a cheat. In my opinion, mods are another form of cheating, so....

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:29 AM
k6ka - The OP said "without the aging off cheat". So that doesn't rule out mods. At least that's the way I read it.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:06 PM
I think you read it the right way, mustluvcatz. I read, "without cheats" and since the aging off cheat comes with the game, I considered it not a cheat. But clearly, the OP does not want to turn off the aging system, but wants to slow down aging or adjust it somehow.