Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
That last statement doesn't make any sense, at all. Whatever the reason was to change Nighat to Katrina, I doubt it was to force a joke, unless "Katrina Caliente" is some sort of pun I don't get. I think it might have just been to make her name more similar to Nina and Dina. Now it kinda rolls of the tongue, Katrina, Nina, Dina

And what storyline did they drastically change in order to force humor? Are you talking about the Katrina-Nina-Dina -Don love dodecahedron? Aside from possibly Cassandra's age, I don't see anything that contradicts the Sims 2 storyline, just adds a few more background details and the way the Caliente Sisters and Don are portrayed in Sims 2 it makes sense that they would have history together and arrived in Pleasantview at the same time, or even together.
Are you really upset because the Calientes have a living mother now while the Sims wiki says their mother died when they were children? Pfffft. It was a background detail that never factored into the game and even many people who loved the premades (like me) would not remember.

I suppose because it doesn't make sense. Didn't Nighat die when they were kids? Yes, it doesn't really matter, but for me, consistency and little details matter. I probably won't care soon, but for now, I do care.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
I suppose because it doesn't make sense. Didn't Nighat die when they were kids? Yes, it doesn't really matter, but for me, consistency and little details matter. I probably won't care soon, but for now, I do care.

Oh I like consistency as well, that's why I wasn't a fan of what they did with the Goths and Bachelors in Sims 3, they completely changed the feeling, personality and looks of those two families to the point of making them unrecognizable.

However the Calientes, despite having Nighat's name changed seem (from what we know) to have the same "feeling" as in Sims 2, in fact considering the MILF personality Katrina seems to have she seems like a natural extension of the original theme the Calientes had.

Still all that doesn't change the fact that I doubt they changed Nighat to Katrina in order to force some kind of joke.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#28 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:37 PM
I feel like TS4 humour is forced. Like,

"Dying of laughter?!! OMG LOL!!!!"
"Yeah! Let's be Bros! ROFL!"
"Change names of people! Change storylines! HAHAHA!!!"

I think it feels forced because that's all the devs talk about, stuff like that is always toned down for the actual game
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:02 PM

Let's remember that The Sims 4 has an alternate story line. It is a separate universe from TS1 and TS2 (and I like to think that TS3 also has an alternate story line, because they screwed it up). The only "good" story line is that of TS1 -> TS2. They messed up after that.

Crocs with socks
#30 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meia_Power
Let's remember that The Sims 4 has an alternate story line. It is a separate universe from TS1 and TS2 (and I like to think that TS3 also has an alternate story line, because they screwed it up). The only "good" story line is that of TS1 -> TS2. They messed up after that.

Well can't they just do TS3 - TS1 - TS2 - TS4? I was seriously hoping they would ACTUALLY add on to the storyline instead of this "alternative" bullshit. No offense, just saying.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Well can't they just do TS3 - TS1 - TS2 - TS4? I was seriously hoping they would ACTUALLY add on to the storyline instead of this "alternative" bullshit. No offense, just saying.

But TS3 was already alternate bullshit. I could list of all the inconsistencies, between the titles but I have done it so often already that I'm tired of doing it and seriously how stupid is the idea that the Goths have build several towns and moved their family cemetery to each of them?

Also I had many stories I loved in Sims 2 I'd rather not have them contradicted by a continuation. I find it easier to deal with an officially alternate timeline.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Inventor
#32 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ProfPlumbob
Here's a better example,

Seriously, this image gives me a headache.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 9:27 AM
Well, when I saw this image above I thougt I should to start to use glasses...
Scholar
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
But TS3 was already alternate bullshit. I could list of all the inconsistencies, between the titles but I have done it so often already that I'm tired of doing it and seriously how stupid is the idea that the Goths have build several towns and moved their family cemetery to each of them?

Also I had many stories I loved in Sims 2 I'd rather not have them contradicted by a continuation. I find it easier to deal with an officially alternate timeline.

Yeah, especially when, in TS2, deleting a tombstone would corrupt your game.
Page 2 of 2