Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#126 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 10:32 PM
My Family
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
What are your favourite names that you tend to use a lot in your game? What are the names of your favourite families, and your legacy family? Do you have any cute themes that you use?

Right now,,Im playing the Burb family..Lucys dead and her husband but they had 4 kids Payton(boy)Annie(girl)<-They are twins->Alex(boy) and Craig..Im playing Annie and she got married to Brandon Lillard and they had twins Maddison and Bradly

Im going to play Maddison and I hope shes going to have twins!!!!

Bradleys going to have 1 kid!:valentine

My Last name is Lillard

My Favorite

Girl
------
>Madison
>Annie
>Ally
>Allison
>Mary Anne
>Nicole
>Amy
>Sarah
>Avery
>Christina
>Isabella
>Kayla
>Ellie (Elizabeth)
>Grace
>Gabi
>Amber
>Molly
>Alina
>Lauren
>Tonya
>Rebekka or Rebecca
>Mia
>Mae
>Abigail
>Julianna

Boys
-------
>Alex
>Anthony
>Mike
>Dustin
>John
>Nick
>Andrew
>Marvin
>Chris
>Patrick
>Ryan
>David
>Luke
>Payton
>Alex
>Craig
>Bill
>Jason
>Conner
>Tommy
>Kevin
>Ken
>Sean
>Jeff
>Hudson
>Curtis

Wow Thats all i can think of!!:eviltongu

Last names
-------------
Rivers
Banks
Burb
Alloy
Bell
Maltby
Scislowski
Phillips
Beadro
Hed
Wrights
Right
Levvi
Klann
Cooper
Klost
Dril
Hir
Day
Higgins
Richardson
Kareily
Murphy
Steirling
Coszenza
Less
Thomas
Cirillo
Williams
Brookes
O'Rouke
Tran
Matlock
Ramon
Watford
Black
Green
White

Thanks if you read this all:bigwave:
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 11:09 PM
Because I'm the kind of person who completely over-analyzes everything, I already have all my sims' lives planned out before their even born. I like to give them names to correlate with their personality, looks, or lifestyles. For example, I like to give gender-neutral names to my more androgynous sims (Perin, Riley, Peyton); classical, romantic names to my romantic sims (Caesar, Aurora, Calista); and wild names to my rebellious sims (Pierce, Roxanne, Shay). Then there's the ethnic names like Mei Ling, Azumi, and Tanishia. I like having names that actually match up with my sims. :]
#128 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 1:44 PM
I pick names that match the Sims look & personality - my current family includes dad David, mom Sloane, twins Tyler & Zachary and little Elizabeth.
#129 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 4:11 PM
I like to use some variety to the names for my sims (I actually keep a listing of names I've used and names I'd like to use, first and last). I won't choose names that hold some kind of bad feeling for me, and I refuse to use my own name (so there are no little girls running around named "Josie"), but I love the names for everyone that I have in my game right now. Names I've been using are:

Boys
Aaron, Alejandro, Alex, Andrew/Andy, Anthony, Brian, Casey, Charles, Chris, Christien, Cory, Daniel/Danny, Dave/David, Eduardo, Evan, Henry, Jack, Jason, Josh, Lucas, Marc, Marty, Matt/Matthew, Max, Mike, Nate, Noah, Nicholas, Niklas, Peter, Ran, Ron, Ryan, Sam, Sean, Sébastien, Seth, Shawn, Stephen, Timothy, Tom/Tommy, Will/William

Girls
Ashley, Autumn, Candice, Carrie, Chloe, Deborah, Delilah, Denise, Elisa, Ellen, Emily, Harumi, Hilary, Isabella, Janet, Jasmine, Jennifer, Jessica/Jessie, Juliette, Karen, Kelly, Kimberly, Krissy, Lindsay, Lisa, Mandi, Marleen, Maria, Mary, Maya, Melanie, Melissa, Monica, Monique, Rachel, Rose, Sara/Sarah, Shayla, Shirley, Summer, Tanya, Taylor, Tessa, Theresa, Tina, Wanda, Zoe

Surname
Anderson, Andrews, Beaty, Bianchi, Bradford, Bradley, Burkhill, Burns, Clarkson, Connerty, Cooper, Davis, Díaz, Duvall, Emery, Espensen, Fieldings, Fletcher, Florence, Forbes, Greene, Hammond, Hanby, Harper, Hart, Horner, Gheller, Grey, Larson, Levine, Marker, Markson, Marley, Marshe, Martin, Monroe, Moore, Moreau, Moretti, Morrison, Murphy, Pitts, Rhode, Roberts, Rothman, Ruben, Sampson, Sánchez, Sellers, Seymour, Sherman, Smith, Sterling, Thomas, Tilsdale, Timberly, Townsend, Welsman, Whippler, Williams, Wilson, Winchester, Wright, Wrightly, Yamamoto
#130 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 12:46 AM
I sometimes use family names but somehow I get stuck on letters too-like if a family has twins, triplets or several kids then often they will have start with the same letter like Megan, Michelle, Michael, Marie.....
I actually keep a little baby names book by my computer and when I want to think of something different then I look in it. I also sometimes really like to make the name something special such as related to the relationship they have or in honor of an elder and so on
#131 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 1:06 AM
I get names from name-your-baby websites when I am dealing with a 'normal' family. If a family is of a specific ethnic background I often surf through appropriate web sites to find names.
Alien babies have been: Andromeda, Cassiopeia, and Lacerta. The Beakers have had children with obscure mythological names: Eisa and Megaera. Even I can't remember their origins (I think Eisa was a daugther of Loki).

I am absolutely done with creating Sims: any new editions to the world are born into it. Then I name the child according to the imagination (or lack thereof), social standing, and ethnicity of the parents.
#132 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 3:20 AM
I'm currently playing two families.

The Bimbo Family, Ima and Shena. And yes they are the town *cough* tramps.

And the Addams Family, (Distantly related to the more well know Gomez Addams)
Igor
Gravina
Batilda
Grim
and a cat named Batty.

My kids made another family called the Brothers
Quaint
Lost
Bright
Found
and
Notta

We like to be strangely corny with the naming of our sims.
Field Researcher
#133 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:53 AM
My Loner Legacy has sucked up a lot of my good names...

Gen 2- Jensen, Korbin

Gen 3- Scott, Scout, Marlowe, Amari, Dante, Xavier

Gen 4- Eli, Oliver, Gideon, Paris, London, Rome, Haleigh, Harmony,
Quinn, Barrett, Steele, Tavaris, Unity, Nikolas, Wish, Willow, Wystan,
Natasha, Yamir, Khadija, Isabelle, Zion, Zander, Amadeus, Davian,
Christopher

Gen 5- Aria, Bryson, Chase, Cree, Dream, Ezra, Farris, Gage, Hayden,
Hadley, Isaac, Jordan, Jeremy, Keenan, kamryn, Leighton, Lillian,
Marques, Naeemah, Orrick, Paige, Quincy, Reagan, Stormy, Taryn,
Uri, Valynn, William, Xaria, Yadon,

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
#134 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 3:38 AM
I give at least one little girl in each neighborhood the same name as my daughter: Shanley.
Test Subject
#135 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:49 PM
I mostly just use average names, throwing in odd ones every so often.
Back in the Sims 1 I had a fellow named Euston Codson who was a complete jerk and very outgoing to boot (he'd stop by his neighbor's houses all the time and pick fights with them - I would see items in their queues like "be shoved"). I have been meaning for a long time to regenerate the Codson family for the Sims 2. I also have a family called the Pi'Reet family, who of course all look like pirates.

Female Names:
Agatha, Allegra, Alice, Alyssa, Amelia, Amy, Anita, Anna, Annabeth, Antheia, Antigone, Antonia, Calypso, Carol, Carolyn, Celia, Charlene, Constance, Cora, Dava, Dionne, Elena, Elyssa, Heidi, Helen, Jaime, Jenna, Jessie, Judy, Kathryn, Kimmy, Kit, Laurie, Lavinia, Leanne, Lex, Lily, Lisa, Lydia, Marti, Mary-Ellen, Mel, Mirabelle, Miriam, Mona, Morgan, Nicole, Quinn, Sarah, Stefani, Vanessa & Veronica

Male Names:
Aaron, Alec, Alfred, Austin, Braden, Calvin, Charlie, Colin, Darison, Davey, David, Douglas, Elliot, Erik, Greg, Harrison, Ira, Jake, James (just realized I have THREE sims named James), Javier, Jayson, Jonathan, Keith, Kevin, Kingsley (named in honor of his father, burglar Gordon King, who fathered *TWIN* ugly children), Kyle, Lafferty, Lawrence, Logan, Luister, Lyrian, Malcolm, Maurice, Miles, Nicholas, Nick, Patrick, Paul, Ragno, Reese, Richard, Rudyard, Ryan, Ryder, Sammy, Sebastian, Spencer, Terrence, Toby, Victor, Vincent & William

Surnames:
Knox, Gray, Van Kirk, Violet, Groves, Walters, Torres, Savoy, Tollemache

(BTW, I am *very* relieved that I saved this post three days ago when I was about to post it for the first time - it took some time to write out all those names)

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 3:49 AM
Male:
Andy, Marcus, Marc, Roland, Dan, Daniel, Al, Brian, Red, Mark, Gavin, Harry, Nolan, Theodore

Female:
Therese, Denise, Nadine, Raine, Tammie, Cherise, Allysa, Ursula, Tiffany, Anna, Madison, Barbie, Yolanda, Nattie, Vanna, Wendy
Test Subject
#137 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:34 PM
I like to give a lot of my sims wierd names. Most recently: Halloween and Fibrous Root (brothers). There is also Chakra Ramaswami, Sprightly Davis, Lulu Remari, and Ellabelle and Bip Riddli (married) with a son named Zim.

I also like to give them nice, sweet, old fashioned names like Estelle, Lenore, Sylvie, Leona, Sophia, Lola, etc...
And names for the boys?: Remi, Noah, Lyre, Gabriel, Erik, Liam, Loki...
Test Subject
#138 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:42 PM
I like Russian names although I haven't really used that many yet, trendy names and last names as first names. Right now I don't have that many Sims in my game that I've created and named.. so..

Harper Dennis
Her daughters Leyla pronounced Lay-La and Cami Dennis

Marissa Dennis, no relation to Harper just a roommate
Her daughter Tatiana and son Hunter Dennis

Jessica Milano
Her daughter and son Jaycee and Harlow Milano (yes, I got that from Nicole Richie)

Chloe Milano, no relation to Jessica
Her twin boys Cooper and Hayden Milano and youngest boy Jackson

Rommies (all men non related)
Kane Voleri, father of Jessica's kids
Erik Voleri, father of Harper's kids
Marcus Voleri father of Chloe's kids

and for some reason I can't remember the other name of Marissa's kids father but he lives there too. I am setting up for major scandals among all these kids they are having.
#139 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 2:48 AM
Names I tend to overuse and should stop before my neighborhood gets overpoplated with these names:
Leslie, Rae/Raena, Bailey, Kenley, Laci, Kaci, Carter

Other names I love.
For males:
Liam
Lance
Carter
Cameron
Paris
Garrett
Devon

For females:
Chelsea
Leslie
Laci
Carleigh
Raena
Brianna
Brittnny
Bailey
Hallie
Lillie
Hanna

Last names:
Delancey
Logan
Truscott
Reeth

I tend to like more common names with unusual spelling.
#140 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 5:27 AM
I like to pick a letter and stab my finger at the baby book. It is 'I' time: Ishii, Idoru, Ilian, Ian and Iron.
Scholar
#141 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 5:56 AM
Babynames.com is my best friend for this kind of thing, I swear!

Right now I'm doing an alphabet legacy (26 gens, one for each letter) and I'm trying to give them more unique names than the generic John, Jane etc. (No offense meant to anyone with those names). So far I have founder Audrey, Gen2 Byron and Beatrix, and Gen 3 Clarissa.

Alien babies tend to get names based on constellations/Mythology (Casseopia, Orion, Leo, Diana etc.) or something heavenly related (Luna, Stella)

I had a couple once, based on an RPG I as in who had 14 kids. The husband was a Shogun, and all their names were either related to warriors/fighting or the dragon god he served.

So basicly I tend to have a theme for certain things and stick with them pretty religiously LOL

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Test Subject
#142 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 3:13 AM
right now I am working on a family who I am going to name the children after the elements in japanese sooo far there are...

Shango-Father
Ren-first son
Kai (spirit)- second son
Ten (air)- no place yet male name
Chii (earth)- no place yet female name
Mizu (water)-no place yet female name
Hono (fire)- no place yet male or female name
Yami (darkness)- no place yet male name
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 11:42 AM
names i use a few of them though (cant remeber the kids name)

Phil Johnson

Joe "Scar" Johnson

"kid "(cant rember)
#144 Old 8th Feb 2008 at 6:46 PM
:taekwondo
My favorite so far
Delilah Harlin
Meadow
Adriana
Elyssa
Marcel Boyle [An npc who's married to Delilah :P] :einstein
#145 Old 9th Feb 2008 at 10:35 PM
Since I began my new neighborhood, San Jose, I'm working on making lists for the game to generate. It will be comprised solely of Spanish names. I already have a few funky Englishmen walking around and I don't want anymore. xD

Besides that, I have one legacy family named The Spice Family. The founder's name is Ginger. If she has a girl, her name will be Paprika, if she has a boy, then I'm thinking of naming him Thyme. ;]
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 2:56 AM
I have some unique last names for my sims that I commonly use:

Pribynski
Kalkowski
Collins
Beckly
Harrison
McClyne
Smythe
Adams

Male first names that I commonly use:

Luke
Michael
Mitchell
Johnathon
Andrew
Timothy
Kevin
Kenneth
James
Howard
Liam
Dustin
Nicholas
Darek
David
Jeff
Louis
Zachary
Vincent
Robert
Frederick
Harold

Female names I commonly use:

Angelica
Alyssa
Elvia
Tatiana
Jessica
Jennifer
Katelynn
Pattie
Pamela
Wilma
Kendra
Elizabeth
Gwen
Nikki
KiKi
Mary-Anne
Marissa
Melissa
Jacklynn
Isabella
Rhonda
Erica
Erin
Test Subject
#147 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:31 PM
Well, as of right now on my new desktop I have a family called the Praswells.
I guess I go by "whatever feels good" and whatever comes to my mind.

Latisha Praswell and Leod Praswell had three children.
Baxter, Damion, and Howard. I believe 2 were adopted.
Damion and Howard grew up and went to college together while Baxter stayed behind.
Damion met Daisy, a cheerleader, in college.
Howard met Hailey, a cow, in college also.
Damion and Daisy had one child and adopted 5. They are as follows: Alex, Kyle, Ocean, Amy, Alon, and Beth. Kyle is the only blood child of their family.
Howard and Hailey are focusing on their careers but have just today adopted a child, hopefully they will get a girl and a boy eventually (so all that damn money in clothes didn't go to waste.)
#148 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 5:34 AM
For some females I like names that also have a meaning in English

Angel
Jade
Camille
Diamond
Jewel
Crystal
Ebony
April
Amber

For males pretty common

Marcus
Chris
Terell
Eric
Darrell
Justin
Jason
Jerome
Mitchell

I also like to combine the name of the parents for a child or name a male child after its mother or female child after her dad.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 5:22 AM
I love naming my Sims after literary characters. I currently have a Haleth (The Silmarillion), an Elanor (Lord of the Rings), an Elizabeth (Pride and Prejudice - although I flatly refuse to name a Sim 'Fitzwilliam' outside of my Regency neighborhood), and an Alice (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass). The names really depend on what I'm reading - after rereading 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', I wound up with unrelated Sims named Peter, Edmund, Lucy, and Susan. I used to have an Estella and a Herbert (both from Great Expectations), Rose (more LotR) and Rowena (from 'Ivanhoe')

I'm toying with the idea of giving a Sim one of the weirder literary names I've come across lately - for example, I'm currently slogging through Moby-Dick for my English class, and I really want to name a Sim Ishmael, because it's a fun word to say.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
What are your favourite names that you tend to use a lot in your game? What are the names of your favourite families, and your legacy family? Do you have any cute themes that you use?

Right now, I have Gary and Christobel Oldman. They're my Legacy Family, but we'll see if I get past generation two with it - lol. Gary Oldman is for the actor of the same name, of course. Christobel is my self sim (that's not my name, though) and her name comes from a character in a book called 'The Last Convertible'. I love that character, so swiped her name for myself. Their daughter is named Selene, because Selene is one of the Moon Goddesses, and it seemed appropriate.

I have Sarah and Mitch Jones, siblings. They are Jones not because I am uncreative, but because I modeled Sarah on a friend of mine and her last name is Jones. Sarah, I chose because it just goes with Jones, you know? Mitch's name was chosen utterly randomly. They've a dog named Hestia, because I was in a Harry Potter mood at the time - lol.

In fact, I use HP character names a lot, now that I think about it. Or derivatives of the same. Flower names for women, downright strange ones for men. I need to make a realistic Minerva McGonagall next, I think. Then I have to decide who to pair her with...Xiomara Hooch or a grown up Harry?

Blessings,
Jadzia
Page 6 of 33