Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 4:06 PM
Really EA? So, I guess now it's kind of obvious that they do cut stuff from EPs to sell in the Store. Frankly I'd live without 12 festival lots EA claims they spend lots of time on, I wish they included DIY greenhouse instead.

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Fyrefly555 : 15th Nov 2012 at 6:53 PM.
It's officially released in the Store. I bought it though, and going to try it later on this evening... It costs 1700Points 'till the 2nd of January, then, it'll cost 1900.

Oh, and, of course, for the moment, the gardening station thingy and the sunflower aren't available separately.
Okay, I just took a look at the venue from the set, looks like you can plant under the dome thing. But a part of the venue has been built with massive use of cheat codes,and is unplantable except with moveobjects.

I'm going to try building my own little greenhouse on my live family lot, and see which possibilities the set offers me, as a poor little basic builder who dislikes using cheat codes.

Can't find a way to plant without moveobjects for the moment. It's possible on the venue lot, but I can't find how to reproduce it on my live current lot. I will try again later. If anybody buy the set and find how to do so, well, please just let me know! ^^
Field Researcher
#28 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 6:37 PM
Hell, i think i will buy it: it has some nice stuff.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:23 PM
If you use "moveobjects on" with the plants, they are still usable for the sims, just make sure enough room is around the area for the sim to get it. I bought it and do intend on making a little greenhouse for my sim's lot I am building. Since it is the fall, hope it will guard against the weather for the plants, if not there will be indoor planters in a sun room.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#30 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:24 PM
I want it!

I've given up complaining about the store prices. EA has worn me down, I drank the kool-aid and I'm happier for it. I just think about it as bang for your buck. Last week, my husband and I spent 50 bucks for a light dinner (no alcohol) and a movie. We were entertained for 2 and a half hours. A few months before that, I paid 60 bucks for a PS3 game that had about 30 hours of game-play. Yesterday, I paid 300 dollars for a new ceramic bowl to shit in (installation included).

I like the venue, it's pretty and comes with nifty gadgets. The price of Seasons and the venue together is slightly more than a night out, less than Uncharted 3 and will give me at least 100 hours of enjoyment. Compared to the toilet, it's a bargain...and I never, ever have to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the damn greenhouse!

I want it! It's mine! I'm having it! *eyes glaze over*
Field Researcher
#31 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:49 PM
HAhahaha sorry, but you made me fall on the ground, laughing like an idiot ahaha
Aniway i agree with you^^
One Minute Ninja'd
#32 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I want it!

I've given up complaining about the store prices. EA has worn me down, I drank the kool-aid and I'm happier for it. I just think about it as bang for your buck. Last week, my husband and I spent 50 bucks for a light dinner (no alcohol) and a movie. We were entertained for 2 and a half hours. A few months before that, I paid 60 bucks for a PS3 game that had about 30 hours of game-play. Yesterday, I paid 300 dollars for a new ceramic bowl to shit in (installation included).

I like the venue, it's pretty and comes with nifty gadgets. The price of Seasons and the venue together is slightly more than a night out, less than Uncharted 3 and will give me at least 100 hours of enjoyment. Compared to the toilet, it's a bargain...and I never, ever have to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the damn greenhouse!

I want it! It's mine! I'm having it! *eyes glaze over*

Of all your purchases, the ceramic bowl for 300 dollars is the best bang for your buck, and going to bring you the greatest pleasure for the longest time, as long as it doesn't get stopped up.

Yeah, I'm buying the greenhouse as well.
Scholar
#33 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Of all your purchases, the ceramic bowl for 300 dollars is the best bang for your buck, and going to bring you the greatest pleasure for the longest time, as long as it doesn't get stopped up.

Yeah, I'm buying the greenhouse as well.

My husband can break a toilet simply by looking at it. It's like a superpower, but not very helpful. In 13 years we have been through 4 completely new toilets and an untold number of new innards. At least the tank didn't explode this time.
Scholar
#34 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:10 PM
Do you think it will be possible to make the roofs CASTable? Because it would really help me make interesting houses to have the greenhouse roof looking like a regular roof on my own houses.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Well since the glass roof is described as roof sculptures, I am hoping it is literally that, and sits on a roof and *cuts it out*!! Which means we can start to make proper roof skylights.

Alas... no.

Anyway, some thoughts. The pieces are quite versatile, which is nice. You can build a more traditional looking greenhouse if you want. I wouldn't use them for houses, as they are not considered roofs. The greenhouse is treated as a roofless building, meaning it rains and snows inside.

The sprinkler seems incredibly nifty too. I just know it will save a lot of time for my gardening sims. The sunflower looks incredibly stupid, but it plays some catchy tunes I guess.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:30 PM
... Okay, that nice, but useless if you really want to garden during winter. All the plants in my greenhouse are "dormant"... I kinda like "cosmetic" things for build mode, but I was hoping for a real greenhouse, and this isn't it... It's disappointing to me... U_U
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:33 PM
Now we really need glass floor tiles. Going to look odd having floor tiles on the top of the building to keep the plants growing during the winter.

I was very happy the windows and roof pieces are cheap, the decor is in a moderate expense cost.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:39 PM Last edited by Baiaana : 15th Nov 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Wow, now i don't know if i will buy it: is not considered roof? Rain and snow in it? Well that's a really bad drawback. I will wait to have seasons to see if DasMatze2's great Modular Skylight Kits is considered roof at least (hope so, or in some of my houses will rain in bedroom too!)
Instructor
#39 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 10:57 PM
Seventeen dollars for something that doesn't even work in the most optimal fashion? I was actually considering this, since it looks so cool, but WOW is it overpriced. I wouldn't pay a lick over five bucks for it.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 12:00 AM
I'm rather underwhelmed.. and hungry, but that's unrelated.
The gardening bench (?) is huge and bulky and it seems to me that the only useful feature for me would be identifying the seeds.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 3:14 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 16th Nov 2012 at 3:55 AM.
Ready to feel ripped off? The flower planter is the same planter from Supernatural.

Really, EA?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#42 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 3:55 AM
POST THIS IMAGE EVERYWHERE!!!!

This is the same exact planter from Supernatural, with a simple recolor. If you actually look at the file name, it's the same exact name as the planter. What a rip off!!

On top of that, the venue looks and functions like shit, and they could take it upon themselves to either: Make the glass roofing work like glass roofing or just not name the venue it at all, especially considering fans have asked for a greenhouse to be with seasons, and this is released the same exact week.

Being charge twice for the same thing? This is Pathetic.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
POST THIS IMAGE EVERYWHERE!!!!

This is the same exact planter from Supernatural, with a simple recolor. If you actually look at the file name, it's the same exact name as the planter. What a rip off!!

On top of that, the venue looks and functions like shit, and they could take it upon themselves to either: Make the glass roofing work like glass roofing or just not name the venue it at all, especially considering fans have asked for a greenhouse to be with seasons, and this is released the same exact week.

Being charge twice for the same thing? This is Pathetic.

I will now do my "Told You So" dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auxn2VAdiKI
Retired
retired moderator
#44 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
Congratulations EA. Build up to Seasons release went kinda like this:

a) OMG TWO EPs SO CLOSE? WOW! YAY! etc.
b) Everything in Seasons looks pretty beautiful.
c) Everything in Seasons is REALLY prettiful!
d) EVERYTHING. IS. STUNNING.
e) Okay, EA, you are providing sane rationale for your design decisions, like no Seasons world, etc. We're good, man.
f) Yay! Early patch!
g) Um. This patch borked Simpacks. Which are... ...well... ...fairly essential, here.
h) CAW is dead. In multiple ways.
i) Oh. That greenhouse you couldn't fit in Seasons is in the store for nearly half the price of an entire EP?
j) Oh. That greenhouse doesn't even work.

Seriously admire how they can go from looking pretty okay, and regaining so much respect, to just looking like the most empty-eyed, craven money-snatchers across such a short time period.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Alchemist
#45 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:38 AM
"Hey, EA execs...the Sim fans actually LIKE us again!"
"Well. We'll fix that."
Mad Poster
#46 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:46 AM
Honestly, at the moment I'm wondering what I still bother with the game. They tried this with conversion sets a while back, to sell in the store, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because conversions from Sims 2 - 3 are more than just a copy past - fine. That's OK.

The came the Wedding set in the store, which reused a a lamp from an earlier set ALREADY IN THE STORE, which was already a conversion from the Sims 2. That got overlooked as well.

A year or so later, they put out a mid-century set, than a mid-century kitchen set, which reused the same kitchen clock from before. To make up for it, they made the clock free. I go back to check again later, and it has a price tag on it.

I, also, gave then the benefit of the doubt when Graham said that the teams didn't work together on store sets + expansion packs. I, consistently watched sets get released back and forth that tied into the EPs, but I didn't want to be too negative, but this just seals it for me. There have been too many coincidences and poorly created content passes around back and forth, as well as having people pay for the same items repeatedly is not only unfair, but shady.

Sometimes, they do releases good sets that are worth the money, but most of the time, I just wish that if they are going to take advantage of the community, they should at least be good at covering up their tracks. We aren't all children. Some people actually DO look, dig and skulk around the game files to see whats what - which is probably why they changed the way they do Store PC, because, before, they had to add it to the game (that, or they stripped it from the game). Some people actually look past them dangling diving boards and swimming in their faces and see the company for what they really are. Shady.

Keep living up to worse company in America, EA. You're doing a fine job.

Alchemist
#47 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Honestly, at the moment I'm wondering what I still bother with the game. They tried this with conversion sets a while back, to sell in the store, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because conversions from Sims 2 - 3 are more than just a copy past - fine. That's OK.

The came the Wedding set in the store, which reused a a lamp from an earlier set ALREADY IN THE STORE, which was already a conversion from the Sims 2. That got overlooked as well.

A year or so later, they put out a mid-century set, than a mid-century kitchen set, which reused the same kitchen clock from before. To make up for it, they made the clock free. I go back to check again later, and it has a price tag on it.

I, also, gave then the benefit of the doubt when Graham said that the teams didn't work together on store sets + expansion packs. I, consistently watched sets get released back and forth that tied into the EPs, but I didn't want to be too negative, but this just seals it for me. There have been too many coincidences and poorly created content passes around back and forth, as well as having people pay for the same items repeatedly is not only unfair, but shady.

Sometimes, they do releases good sets that are worth the money, but most of the time, I just wish that if they are going to take advantage of the community, they should at least be good at covering up their tracks. We aren't all children. Some people actually DO look, dig and skulk around the game files to see whats what - which is probably why they changed the way they do Store PC, because, before, they had to add it to the game (that, or they stripped it from the game). Some people actually look past them dangling diving boards and swimming in their faces and see the company for what they really are. Shady.

Keep living up to worse company in America, EA. You're doing a fine job.

Quoted for truth. Well said.
Retired
retired moderator
#48 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 6:07 AM
It's so frustrating. They've done so much right. All the technical stuff is sort of excusable given nobody expects competence of them any longer. But the blatant shake down this set constitutes is another matter. Why did they have to ruin my lack of complete loathing?

It's like they sold us a sandwich for $30, respectfully warned us there was no jam in it, and we all knew we were getting ripped off, but... ...okay, right? We knew what we were getting ourselves into. Then, after the deal was done, they pulled out a jam jar and said, "Jam for 13 bucks?"

Inventor
#49 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
It's like they sold us a sandwich for $30, respectfully warned us there was no jam in it, and we all knew we were getting ripped off, but... ...okay, right? We knew what we were getting ourselves into. Then, after the deal was done, they pulled out a jam jar and said, "Jam for 13 bucks?"

And then it isn't even jam. It's purple-colored hair gel.

But, hey, it LOOKS like jam, right?

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Retired
retired moderator
#50 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 7:32 AM
It's a sad day for all humankind when my usual ludicrous analogies aren't even ludicrous enough.

Page 2 of 4