Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 4:59 AM
Default WCIF TheSims2 Exchange Downloads
Hey Everyone!

I was wondering if there was any website where I could download the stuff that was originally on the the sims 2 exchange since the site is down nowadays.
Or does someone happen to know if there is a website in general where I can find downalods from the sims 2 exchange?

Regards
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:24 AM
Everything that was on the exchange is mostly gone, but you can download the Maxoid-made objects here and find SOME of the stories saved into a giant archive here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:00 PM
Oh that's sad. So there's no way to find any user made cc?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 4:20 PM
It's much safer to download more recent CC from around the community than what was on the exchange, and most is also better quality. Several of the lots were questionable, and the quality was generally low, plus most of the used CC was pretty old and badly named.
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's much safer to download more recent CC from around the community than what was on the exchange, and most is also better quality. Several of the lots were questionable, and the quality was generally low, plus most of the used CC was pretty old and badly named.

What was the Sims 2 Exchange like back when it still around. I had never really got a chance to experience it for myself because I was really young back then.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:08 PM
It's so long ago I can hardly remember. There were of course some nice downloads too, but those were often far apart. The searching system wasn't anything to brag about, and the filtering system barely worked on a good day. I think they closed the site sometime between 2009 and 2011, around the time when TS3 came out. I'd stopped downloading from there even longer ago, and I never hung out there. I found MTS, SimsCommunity (Pre-MTS social community, the two sites combined several years back) and Insim much more interesting.
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:26 PM
So I did I really miss out on that much? When you said that the cc there was pretty old did you mean that the cc was there was okay or sub-par at best from what you could remember even though there were better cc that were made at that time?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 5:40 PM
You've probably not missed out on a lot, Squidconqueror.

A lot of the Exchange stuff was pretty rough, and most was recolors, mostly Bodyshop items (a lot of it colored with Paint) and houses with no quality control on what was included. I don't think I have much left of what I downloaded back then (probably next to nothing, if anything at all). You could find some gems if you looked long enough, but I don't think much of it could reach today's standards on CC.

Several of the people who uploaded stuff there were not particularly talented, so Paint and floodfill was much used. Sims usually overflowed with CC (most of the good stuff like hairs and clothes by creators elsewhere, Peggy and XM hairs were frequently used), and there was no quality control on houses so they probably had a lot of bad files included.

By the time I started playing sims, MTS and several other sites already had much better quality items and lots of things you couldn't get on the exchange.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 6:14 PM
The Exchange ... <shudder>

To be fair, there were one or two good things but ... ugh for the most part

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:12 PM
>shudder< along with maxon.

OP you really don't want that old crap. Yep, I said it. Old crap. Especially if you play on a new card. CC came along in leaps and bound after about 09 and stuff from before that was mostly a horrible mass of blur and mapping issues. There are a few jewels in amongst the rough and those things probably still exist.

If you want CC we can show you a metric ton load of new shiny stuffs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~