Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#276 Old 22nd Aug 2012 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamlyn
Hey Heaven, just checking - even if the site comes back up early, will the round still be going off the timer? Since that's what I've been going from!

I found some mojo. Now I just need to find some scene building time...

Now that the site is back up, I will be updating the timer to reflect the extra day so you'll still be able to use it. New TIMER

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 12:03 AM
Woo! You just love us don't you Heaven! All of these extensions are making me ecstatic.
Forum Resident
#278 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 11:52 AM
Default Ala: Seven Deadly Sins.
Play me - I will give you sweetness to listen to while this odd woman blabbers for a while

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
The other one
#279 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 12:16 AM Last edited by missroxor : 25th Aug 2012 at 9:41 PM.
Default Blood Red - Chapter 4
ETA: I’ve edited as much as I can with the time I have left so mine is ready for judging now

Previously:
Jada Greene is the daughter of the Governor and also a member of the guard force employed to keep the Reds subdued and out of the city. When her father declares war on the Reds he sends out teams to strike the suspected Red camps. Jada, is accidentally shot and taken by Rurik to a makeshift Red hospital, deep within enemy territory. Olivia and Rurik from the red camp fail to convince Jada that she’s actually one of them and that her Father knows more than he’s letting on. Frustrated, Rurik forces Jada to confront her father’s handy work by taking her to the emergency room where the survivors of her father’s red raiders campaign have gathered. She’s shocked into realising that there might be some truth in what they said about her father and starts to question everything though the thought of being related to a red(or maybe even being one herself) is still too much for her to accept. Word gets out that the red raiders have decimated several Red camps and are due to reach the hospital imminently.

--------------

Site Helper
#280 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 11:41 PM
Kylara was adopted in a blood ritual by Lord Alfric, who woke her up one night saying that she needed to help him recover "the Crown of the Master" before Professor Greymane could use her classmates as spell-fodder to bypass the traps around it. He dragged her back through time, gave her some (very) expendable clothing, and led her into the cave where it was. He then revealed that she was actually there to rescue him before he died in the cave. She balked, the living version gave her the artifact, and she discovered that the ritual was transforming her.

Current Events: Mysterious Past
Previous Events: Makeover, Time Travel, Finding Judas, Kidnapped
Word Count: 1693
CC Used: Legend Isles Lyonesse world by Sookielee, Cmar's ear sliders, Euphoria skin by Fawkes

(Note: the picture of the ghost fading out was taken by using move objects to stick him onto a corner square. It is not Photoshopped. I have a top-down picture of the cave with that scene here http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...120824182239Top Down.jpg if you wish proof.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Site Helper
#281 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 11:48 PM
And just in case I can't find a way to use this in Round 5, I'm going to post an outtake from when he autonomously decided to tell a ghost story.

I had a scene in Round 4, but it had to be cut because it made the entry too long.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Field Researcher
#282 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Tamlyn : 26th Aug 2012 at 4:00 AM.
Default Chapter Four

I have to say. I'm probably the most satisfied with this chapter out of all of them regardless of its quality, simply because it was so much trouble to do. Ignoring the troubles with writing it, once I got to scene building/picture taking, I swear everything that could go wrong, did. Except the save file corrupting. It did threaten to hang indefinitely for a while though. But I beat it in the end *smug*

Also, I feel like (apparently I didn't finish this sentence. Fill in the blanks on your own, since I have no idea what I was going to say!)
The other one
#283 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 9:54 PM Last edited by missroxor : 25th Aug 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Just gave my post it's final edit, as ready as it'll ever be for judging.

*crosses fingers for a long final chapter to fit in everything that's not been covered yet* D:
Test Subject
#284 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 12:57 AM
Previously on: Suzanna Trench was led on whirlwind adventure by Valentina Victor to take down the nefarious 'company'. This led Suzanna, Valentina, and Bram Adams to a warehouse on the edge of town where Jacob Victor performed his ghastly experiments. They stormed the place, but just when Suzanna thought she was winning, Jacob slipped her a sedative using Bram. Who's side is on? And what was Valentina's real purpose of leading them on this escapade?

Current Plot Point: Mind over Matter

Previous Plot Points: The Cake was a Lie, Move Heaven and Earth, Finding Judas, Meet Cute.

Word Count: 1,494

Custom Content?: 100% Illegal here folks. How else do you think I *spoiler*?

Field Researcher
#285 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 4:07 AM
Default Round 4
Previous Rounds Summary: While being robbed at gun point at her job, Helena Raye, a former superhero named Brio, thwarts the robbery when she saves Lorie's life with an energy blast. Somehow, everyone thinks Lorie is Brio and she capitalizes on it even going to a warehouse to rescue hostages from the clutches of villainous Aron. But it's Helena who ends up saving the day. Now Maxwell is in her car claiming to know the truth.
----------------------------------

-------------------------------
Current Event: Not You Again!
Previous Events: Heaven Forbid; Mysterious Past; Embarrassing Rescue; Class Reunion
Word Count: 1455, Pics: 13
CC Allowed: Custom skin, hair, store content (hair/clothing/objects), OMSP, tipsy OMSP, poses
Penalized: None
Test Subject
#286 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:00 AM
Default Chapter 4: Crizz-ay
Quick note: For some reason as soon as the Blakely's save loads the game crashes. I've been trying for a week, hoping it would magically resolve itself--big surprise, it hasn't, so I'm just posting the story sans pictures. Sorry Heaven!

It seems like the sad picture taking skills following me through the story--it's just ironic that I can't take any more.

Word Count: 1046
Pictures:
Hero Type: The Atoner
Current Plot Point: Seven Deadly Sins
Previous Plot Points: Last Chance, Pride Before a Fall, Mysterious Past, Redemption Quest
Song Lyric: “Maybe you're strong, but you don't stand a chance.” Volbeat, A Warrior's Call
Bonus: Song Lyric: “I don’t know who made the rules but they’re wrong.” Robbie Nevil, Fifteen Minutes
CC: None
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#287 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:18 AM Last edited by heaven : 26th Aug 2012 at 5:45 AM.
Round 4 is officially closed! Round 5 is listed below and you may find a surprise or two. Be sure to check the timer.

Also, congrats Sabri on getting your round in on the dot! I'm sorry about your pictures though but it means a lot that you are still continuing. I look forward to reading it just the same.

Round 5 – Conclusion – TIMER
This is the final series of events. Will your hero have a happy ending? Is everything all wrapped up in a neat bow? Whatever direction your story took, your readers should feel some sense of closure. If you choose to make it a cliffhanger, close out the direction your story took to begin with and make the cliffhanger a new twist. Between 1,800 words and 2,500 words and 18 to 25 pictures. Anything above or below this numbers will result in loss of points.

Excerpt: Choose ONE of the following quotes.
“If happy ever after did exist…” Maroon 5, Payphone
“Help me, I’m no good at goodbyes.” Train, 50 Ways to Say Goodbye
“Would you have it any other way?” Florence + the Machine, What the Water Gave Me

Round 5: Bonus Worth 5 points
Incorporate a brief scene from the antagonist’s point of view. This should be done in conjunction with your normal round and should flow smoothly. If you choose to do this, add in an extra 300-500 words and 3-5 pictures. The scene can be one compact scene or you may space them out through your chapter. However, spacing them out through your chapter may prove more difficult when it comes to natural flow. Overall, if you do the bonus, you will need 2,100 to 3,000 words and 21 to 30 pictures.

Please include a brief summary (around 100 words) before your entry.
Also, please include information listed below your entry:
Current Events: What did you use this chapter?
Previous Events: Here you will keep a running list of what you have already used.
Word Count:
CC Used:

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#288 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:55 AM

Whoa! Round 5. Definitely surprised!!! First the kind of word count a long winded fart like me only dreams of. Then the antagonist gets to speak?!! AND 20 days!!! Heart attack!

Thanks Heaven.

The other one
#289 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 7:30 AM
Everything Qnshr said!! <---- I'm genuinely grinning this much!
Field Researcher
#290 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 8:10 AM
I'm probably the only one who won't be happy with the huge word count haha - my story plan was rounding out a lot earlier than that.

The bonus confused me a little, but I think I understand.
Forum Resident
#291 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:31 AM
Oh my fudging god...... how am I going to manage this >.<

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#292 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamlyn
I'm probably the only one who won't be happy with the huge word count haha - my story plan was rounding out a lot earlier than that.

The bonus confused me a little, but I think I understand.

If you need clarification, don't be afraid to ask.

Test Subject
#293 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 7:23 PM
Huzzah huzzah! I second the joy. Finally a longer word count!!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#294 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 12:19 AM
Heaven ... sorry to do this, but something essential has come up in my job future, and I really think I need to withdraw from the contest rather than struggle to get an entry in. Please just delete my scores. Best of luck to everyone in Round 5.
Forum Resident
#295 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 2:20 AM
awwww Splad so sad to see you go! much love.

Scholar
#296 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 1:37 AM
*Huggles Splad* Nooo : ( I wanted to find out how it ends!

In regards to the Round 5 criteria:

*Squeels like a little girl jumping up and down*

YES YES YES! I honestly have no idea if the judges will love or hate my ending, or if it'll even count : P But with that photo and word count I can now pull off what I wanted. Thanks Heaven!

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Interstellar Traveler
#297 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Heaven ... sorry to do this, but something essential has come up in my job future, and I really think I need to withdraw from the contest rather than struggle to get an entry in. Please just delete my scores. Best of luck to everyone in Round 5.

Oh no, Splad! I hate to see you go! I want wish you the best of luck with your job's future, though!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Site Helper
#298 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 3:08 PM
Excuse me, but when are we getting our scores for the last round?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#299 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Excuse me, but when are we getting our scores for the last round?

Ghost, they are still being worked on. I think that it's been a rather hectic week for everyone involved. I'll post them as soon as they are finished.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#300 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:53 AM
Round 4 Scores
Yeah, yeah, scores. Sniveling brats. I'm just kidding. Sorry it took so long to get these back to you. I realize that it's been almost 10 days since the round closed but we had a lot of stuff going on. Plus, you know, I was hoping that the release of Supernatural would distract anyone from being too interested in these. *dangles them over everyone's head*

Remember, if you have an issue with your scores, please come to me instead of disgruntled posts here or trying to PM the judges.

The scores are averaged between all 3 judges. Instead of rounding to the nearest half point, scores are just rounded to the first decimal.
ContestantTotal
Spladoum93.7
ReyaD96.7
Ghost_sdoj96.3
Viva199496.3
Qnshr5102.0
Tamlyn103.7
Sabri579.0
LadyAwesome98.3
missroxor103.0

Page 12 of 15