Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 1:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Major Problem with downloads
Firstly could an admin or someone else direct me to the place this is supposed to be, if it is the right place, dont bother

Heres the Problem:
I must transfer items onto a disc to get the dloads to my dload folder so they are in the game. Now I dloaded some files and only four items can be transfered to a disc. Now oddly, I have a Undeleteable file called CA3Q2133 which directs me to the Testers Wanted: Black TV Forum. I didnt dload it so dont go asking me about that. Now D drive is probably plagued by it.

Has anyone had this? Can it be helped? I am using my mothers computer, she will not uninstall her computer, I think that is the only step. I refuse to ask Maxis/EA/The SIms 2 because they dont really use hacks, but I know they use cheats, take a look at one community lot in Pleasantview and Veronaville.

Please can someone help me, or my mother to get this stupid file off D drive once and for all... :fallen: :weep:

(!#@$%^&*)-END TRANSMISSION-(*&^%$#@!)
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 1:29 AM
DarK_Reaper, have you tried deleting the file in DOS? Yes, the language that never dies...

The command is DEL, but you have to direct yourself to the directory. You probably have to shortcut the directory names, too. DOS only reads 8 characters. So if it's in Program Files, for instance, it will be read as PROGRA~1 and so forth. Good luck in getting rid of that bugger!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:07 AM
thanks for your advice but I am unsure how to do any of what you told me to do even my mum has no idea as well :confused: if someone could explain the steps i need to take that would be a great help

(!#@$%^&*)-END TRANSMISSION-(*&^%$#@!)
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:28 AM
Hiya

This inability to not delete a file is a very well known known XP issue and I can assure you it has nothing at all to do with hacks =)

If you don't feel up to tackling DOS, and not many never-used-DOS people do, download the utility I attached. Its freeware, a very small application that easily deletes the file. Just install, run it, point it at the offending file and after the next reboot the file will disappear!

If you need to reassure your mum show her this post and tell her she has Loverat's word :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  moveonb.zip (407.3 KB, 19 downloads) - View custom content

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 9:32 AM
also i am having problems on dloading compressed files zip and rar files so mum cant dload this and i cant dload !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Feb 2005 at 5:03 AM
thanks Loverat