Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:47 PM
Default What went on here?
I don't know if this goes in Game Help since the problem was solved.

At any rate, I had Malcolm Landgraab IV and his new wife Tara (daughter of Armand DeBateau) take a vacation to Twikkii Island. Tara had been digging for treasure during her college days and she had a map to the hidden lot there.

So they went there...and I had Malcolm selected and I clicked on the thing for go to another lot. Tara was still screwing around fishing or something and I assumed she'd follow. She didn't.

So only Malcolm was on the next lot! Huh! I had him go back to the hidden lot...no Tara. Then I did the next logical thing and had him go to their vacation home--and there she was!

I was ready to start Belladonna Cove over again!
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:03 AM
It's not really a broken game question, so it's fine here.

Sims don't automatically drop all actions to travel to another lot. Some activities, like watching TV, will be auto-dropped. Others, like skill-building, you need to cancel. Based on the game behavior I've seen (BIG NEON SIGN: I have not examined the code), it seems the game will wait only so long for all members of a party to exit the lot, and will go on without them if you don't drop the activity they're engaged in. This hypothetical timer actually seems shorter in the vacation hood.
Inventor
#3 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:42 PM
In all my lots, I place a loveseat by the edges of the lots. Before issuing a "Walk to lot..." command, I usually try to gather all the sims at the edge of the lot first.

I suspect I must have run into a similar problem as yours. But, I've been doing this so long that I can't remember. I just know that it is frustrating to watch sims slowly walk over to the edge of the lot. I normally have my sims run everywhere before issuing a command. I can't queue up much because my queues have so many "Run Here" commands. If the sims couldn't run, I'd stopped playing this game years ago because they move slower than molasses in the winter and I always want to shout out "Hey! While I'm still alive, you idiot!"