Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#15401 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 6:02 PM
I once had a situation where two guys got into a fight on a community lot. Immediately afterwards, I had them scope the room. They found each other hot. I've never been able to replicate this, though. Poor relationships usually manifest as negative chemistry.
Advertisement
Inventor
#15402 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 8:30 PM
@LivLove93
Yup. I've had several situations where one sim was more attracted. In one hood, Tommy Ottomas was best friends with - and had a very obvious attraction to - Gallagher Newson. Gallagher was straight, so bolts never showed up, but Tommy followed him everywhere during Uni and would occasionally do the 'you're hot' whistle at him.

@ihatemandatoryregister
That reminds me of Gavin Newson and Circe Beaker. Gavin had a three bolt attraction to her, yet his very first instinct when the two were on a lot together was to run over and poke her. And every time after, whenever they were in the same space, he would intentionally antagonize her. It actually took quite a while for those bolts to disappear due to the negative relationship.
Top Secret Researcher
#15403 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 9:38 PM
Mean sims too will target sims they're attracted to over other sims. Only because they're mean, the chosen interaction can lead to arguing and even fighting.
Vidcund in my Strangetown is mortal ennemies with the elderly Good Witch, because the first time he met her (on a community lot, in the background while I was playing some other sim) he kept whistling and heart-farting at how hot she was, and trying to interact with her. But because he is Vidcund, those interactions were more often that not, "annoy" or "argue", and it came to physical violence faster than I had ever seen.
Oh, Vidcund :lovestruc
Theorist
#15404 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 10:07 PM
I got the the Holiday party stuff pack last year and since winter is about to finish in my game, my trailer park family decided to throw a happy new year party.
After Father Time made his appearance, he then transformed into a "smustling" Toddler year. Now I want smustle available for my toddlers.

Forum Resident
#15405 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 11:19 PM
Sims 2 was nominated for a BAFTA award in 2005
Test Subject
#15406 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 4:53 PM
- elders have back pain when they teach a toddler to walk

- sims can watch tv when they are relaxing in bed

- having a memory " stored first car" and when it is sold the memory of earning 5000$

all new things for me
Field Researcher
#15407 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I have a situation like that too, coincidentally, it's also between sisters and one guy. Georgia really likes Katherine's boyfriend, and maybe due to ACR (I'm not sure how far she'd go without that mod), she keeps trying to act on it. Once, she tried leaping into his arms. He took a step back instead of catching her, and she fell on the floor. She keeps persevering, though.

Wow! I've never seen this before in the game and would love to! It sounds hilarious and embarassing. Witnessing sims reject interactions is sort of a new frontier in my own game-playing. They don't really sugarcoat their rejections!

I witnessed one recently that was quite intense and unexpected so it sort of shocked me. I posted about it here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...320#post4956320
Lab Assistant
#15408 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 3:04 AM
That putting one of those vacation food bars in a normal part of the neighborhood has probably/most likely caused corruption (Sim has never been to Three Lakes is trying to chest pound, certain objects not working, bringing kid home that's dressed from Far East). I JUST made that hood, too >:[
Mad Poster
#15409 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 6:23 AM
I've put one of them in my main neighbourhood and never had any problems. I think it might be something else.

Adults will sit and read to toddlers until they're in needs desperation. You can stop before you're starving and about to pee yourself, you know. DX And toddlers ask for it far too much. What did I buy you all those toys for?
Mad Poster
#15410 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:09 AM
My sims always take a book and put it straight away because toddler who asked went already play with toys. if this is annoying you so much take this: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3652
Top Secret Researcher
#15411 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Lili975 : 27th Feb 2016 at 2:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BringMeSugar
That putting one of those vacation food bars in a normal part of the neighborhood has probably/most likely caused corruption (Sim has never been to Three Lakes is trying to chest pound, certain objects not working, bringing kid home that's dressed from Far East). I JUST made that hood, too >:[

Yeah, doesn't seem related. If anyone else has ever visited Three Lakes, the chest pound will spread like a plague, unless you have a mod to avoid it.
Asian clothes are in the general catalogue, so any townie can end up wearing them.
Objects not working could be anything.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15412 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 11:25 AM
Vacation food stands are fine any place.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15413 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 1:50 PM
Adults will sit and read to toddlers until they're in needs desperation. You can stop before you're starving and about to pee yourself, you know. DX And toddlers ask for it far too much. What did I buy you all those toys for?[/QUOTE]

While they will ask for it on their own, the more you let someone read to them, the more they will ask. It carries on, too. I've had children come stand over mom and dad's bed, in creepy Paranormal Activity style ready to ask to be read to. It's like they can't entertain themselves.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#15414 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:00 PM
Well I don't want to kill it entirely. I need a mod that only allows it just before bedtime. XD
Mad Poster
#15415 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:23 PM
I love that kids ask to be read to! Reading to your child is important! It's bonding time and creates a habit of reading and a love of literature. If you're too busy to read to your kid (whether he can read for himself or not; being read to is a fundamentally different experience) you're too busy to live!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#15416 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 2:45 PM
Well my parents never read to us and reading was not an encouraged activity, yet we've always been bookworms and the best in our classes in those subjects, and some of us graduated in literature, so..... I'd say, give it a rest, toddler. Go play with your Wabbit Head and while you're at it, ask a townie to join, it'll make more house friends for mum's and dad's work
Mad Poster
#15417 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well I don't want to kill it entirely. I need a mod that only allows it just before bedtime. XD

Remind me next week and I'll do it for you when I get back home.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15418 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 9:13 AM
If you use a buyable career reward hack to put up a diploma, and then have a sim who's never been to uni read it, they have a Bachelor's Degree in Undeclared.
Inventor
#15419 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 3:30 PM
I'm back after taking a few days off to satisfy my hankering for Neverwinter Nights after finding out that the "Legacy of the North" Forgotten Realms server is back online. One of my characters there is a mid-level Rogue/Assassin/Cleric of Talona, Goddess of Poison and Disease. Nasty character with a quasi-medieval sort of "evil nurse" persona. I had to give her some love, of course.

Anyway, I digress.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
And hubby says hi. And "Pax Utopia." Although if that's wrong it's probably because I asked the question wrong.

I'm not all that familiar with Pax Utopia, but I think that's the mutant sanctuary founded by Colossus, Cyclops and Namor the Submariner, which is sans Magneto and a bit off the mark. What kind of question did you ask him, anyway? .

I also haven't gotten around to trying to harvest the banana trees on a Residential lot yet. In case it doesn't work out, did you say that there was a mod to fix the Harvest options?
Top Secret Researcher
#15420 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 12:40 AM
I re-discovered "Spores of Happiness". :D
My, oh my, the family may never sleep again.
Undead Molten Llama
#15421 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I'm not all that familiar with Pax Utopia, but I think that's the mutant sanctuary founded by Colossus, Cyclops and Namor the Submariner, which is sans Magneto and a bit off the mark. What kind of question did you ask him, anyway? .

Oh, honey. I don't remember what I ate for dinner yesterday, so I don't remember exactly, but I think I phrased it as something like the name of the last Asteroid M, and he proceeded to yammer on about asteroids and sanctuaries and one of them ending up crashing in San Francisco Bay (Why does everything always crash/land in San Francisco Bay? There ARE other bays, you know. And gulfs. Even whole oceans.) and bits of it being resurrected as a sanctuary and blah blah. Honestly, my eyes glazed over. It's a fandom geekness that we don't share, unlike our shared Star Trek geekiness. But ultimately he said "Pax Utopia," and that's what stuck in my brain.

Quote:
I also haven't gotten around to trying to harvest the banana trees on a Residential lot yet. In case it doesn't work out, did you say that there was a mod to fix the Harvest options?

Yeah, I think that's what it is. It's part of MeetMe's mega-download, the Build/Buy half of it, although it's probably available elsewhere, somewhere, since MeetMe gathered things from various places. Anyway, in Meetme's download, the files are in a folder by themselves called BuildMode_HarvestableTropicalTrees_byGwenke. I'm not sure, but I think those files add proper harvesting to the original converted ones on MATY, which seem to lack that function, from what you're saying. If you don't have that, I think if you extract just that folder from MeetMe's download and add it to what you've got, it'll make the harvesting work properly. In my game, it works properly on community lots, too. I don't think vacation-neighborhood community lots are any different, coding- and functioning-wise, than non-vacation community lots.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15422 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 4:11 AM
Not really a new discovery, but part of my quest to enjoy Live Mode involved un-muting the game music (I can't stand the TS2 build/buy themes... such a letdown after the piano in TS1!), and I'm always really impressed by the talent some of the performers on various radio stations have... especially singing in gibberish (fine, SIMlish, but it's not as if many of them probably drew a distinction! )

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#15423 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 5:34 AM
Today I discovered how incredibly guilty (and maybe just a bit evil) you feel when making a Sim just to kill them off for "story purposes."
Mad Poster
#15424 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I'm back after taking a few days off to satisfy my hankering for Neverwinter Nights after finding out that the "Legacy of the North" Forgotten Realms server is back online. One of my characters there is a mid-level Rogue/Assassin/Cleric of Talona, Goddess of Poison and Disease. Nasty character with a quasi-medieval sort of "evil nurse" persona. I had to give her some love, of course.

I play on a Harry Potter server in NWN. XD You must be on the only other server still running lol.
Link Ninja
#15425 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 7:24 PM
I don't know if this is vanilla o rit's spurred on by a mod but I think that if you invite a sim to a house that had lived there before but no longer does, there's a high change you don't have to have your sim greet them, they'll just come right in! I see this in a lot of cases where sim parents invite their grown up children over.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 617 of 619