Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:50 PM
Default is it possible to give up a baby 4 adoption
My favourite family has 2much kids and I want 2 give up 1 or 2 of them cuz im about 2 have another 1/2
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:06 PM
Without mods, no. The best you can do is get the kids taken away by the social worker before the new ones are born. Or you can use a teleporter from Simlogical to put the kids up for adoption: http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Teleporters.htm

Please avoid using texting abbreviations ("2" for "too") in the discussion forums.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM
if the mom is not in maternity clothes yet, ACR and i think inteen have options for abortion

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:08 PM
I believe the sim blender also has an option to put a baby up for adoption.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:21 PM
Inteen and Insim have options for abortion. I know for a fact if the Sim is in maternity for the latter, you can still abort; but I don't know what that does to the game. I don't have Inteen or ACR so I don't know how they work.
Alternatively, you can either stop having your Sims WooHoo if you have a Risky WooHoo hack, or stop clicking the Try For Baby option. :s
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:40 AM
My goodness ! Why on earth would you let your sims have so many children ? If you are going to turn around and give up some of them for adoption ( poor kids will have no memories of where they came from ) "PleasentviewKing" when playng the sims you have the power to click on "Try For A Baby" or Not.

Please think about how many children you want in the household before doing so. Children being adopted and not knowing their roots and where they come from is "very sad "even in the real world. Sorry, but I had to say this because it is true.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:24 AM
I'm with Simonut on this one. Seems silly to ever have that problem even if your playing with the ACR installed you can still turn off the "try for baby" option. Just don't use the "try for baby" option anymore, having a separate "woohoo" option is this games form of birth control.
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:59 AM
Will deleting the baies using moveobjects cheat work?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:00 AM
No, but I think it'll reset their motives when the lot reloads though.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Inventor
#10 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:13 AM
I could never give my lil' sim babies up for adoption.

You should have seen how indignant I was when I was a noob and the social worker came to collect my first two born-in-game kids (mainly because I hadn't sussed they were supposed to do homework).

I couldn't google "how to stop the social worker taking your sim kids" quick enough.

To the OP: try ACR in your game - that has an option to take a morning after pill should your sims have an "accident".
Inventor
#11 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:19 AM
As others have suggested, there is an option on the Sim Blender for both adoption and abortion, or try just exiting the lot without saving when your sim first gets pregnant. If absolute worse comes to worse (you're either going to laugh or hate me for this one), there's always Pescado's baby grill.
Inventor
#12 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
If absolute worse comes to worse (you're either going to laugh or hate me for this one), there's always Pescado's baby grill.

Haha, actually I was going to mention that too but decided maybe not! lol

I downloaded it into my game a while back but it sits in the kitchens/cooking equipment catalogue untouched.... I was going to try it out in my test neighborhood just to see what it's like... but it scares me to be honest! hehe
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:31 AM
You can actully grill babies with it? Thats HORRIBLE!!

- ferbsgirl
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 10:03 AM
If I use Inteen, I make very sure I have the no-fail birth control flavor pak. That's if I have two college students get married. They have enough on their hands without caring for a baby too.

Or I just use SimPE to change their relationship status to Married and create memories of getting married. Normally, your college student cannot Try For Baby.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 10:33 AM
My families very, very rarely would wish to give a child away for adoption. There is one exception though, as I am trying to increase the "bodyshaped" population. Some of those people will give away one child. When it is done with Simblender there are no negative memories of the event. This way those families that I don't really want contributing their genes (Ottomas) can adopt a child that is not random.

I prefer children to live and have a home where they are wanted over never being born at all or killed as an inconvenience. It would be great, if they could have knowledge of their biological background though.
Scholar
#16 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
As others have suggested, there is an option on the Sim Blender for both adoption and abortion, or try just exiting the lot without saving when your sim first gets pregnant. If absolute worse comes to worse (you're either going to laugh or hate me for this one), there's always Pescado's baby grill.

Is that what it sounds like?

And if so what becomes of grilled babies?
Scholar
#17 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
Is that what it sounds like?

And if so what becomes of grilled babies?

Lunch.

Chris Hatch's hospital mod (BackAlleySims (adult site), the family site is down atm) has an option to give babies up for adoption if they are born at the hospital. They will be carried away soon after the birth to the default adoption pool or to a playable family of your choice. If you select a certain sim to adopt the baby, the new parent(s) will be flagged as family and get a memory of the adoption, the original parents get a memory and the baby gets one too. The original family tree will remain intact.
Scholar
#18 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Lunch.

I'm morbidly fascinated by this...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:36 PM
Boom. Here's hoping this doesn't become another moral panic thread about the babbyque...

"Demons were like genies or philosophy professors — if you didn't word things exactly right, they delighted in giving you absolutely accurate and completely misleading answers."
--Terry Pratchett
Inventor
#20 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
Boom. Here's hoping this doesn't become another moral panic thread about the babbyque...

Lol, me too. Personally, I have a dark, slightly twisted sense of humor at times, so I just always thought it was funny. I was kind of sad to see the comment thread closed, because I wanted to find out whether the grill was autonomous or not, so I'd know which homes I could put it in or not.

Oh, and if this does become another raging debate thread then I guess I should say sorry in advance, 'twas only trying to help, and I personally have never understood the uproar about the item myself.
Inventor
#21 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
I was going to try out the baby grill in my test hood and stick a family from the bin in there (who I'm totally not attached to) just to see what the animation was like... I was morbidly curious too. But I haven't done it yet and probably won't - I think what prevents me from even testing it is the fact that babies coo and gurgle and do all the things that would make you feel like a total psychotic cannibal if you tried to cook 'em up for lunch!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#22 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:17 PM
I have no ideas Why any one would make a Mod to "grill a baby", It make me wonder what kind of mind the modder have for making it. And what kind of mind a simmer have who would use it to do so. Me, Myself, and I, and my shadow could "NEVER" or even concede to be curious enough to use it or to see how it work. Not my cup of tea

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#23 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I have no ideas Why any one would make a Mod to "grill a baby", It make me wonder what kind of mind the modder have for making it....

How many of J. M. Pescado's posts have you read?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:49 PM
^ ROFLMAO!!!
Inventor
#25 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
How many of J. M. Pescado's posts have you read?

Yeah, if nothing else you have to appreciate the twisted humor of it!

Just don't let it give you nightmares.
Page 1 of 2