Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 6:15 AM
Default key mapping/binding
I would like to find a utility or mod which allows binding different keyboard keys than the default (forced) keys which EA/Maxis have set in stone.

Are there any solutions for this?

I tire of accidentally hitting Pause/Break when reaching for the PageUp/PageDown keys. The scrunched quality of the WASD and arrow keys also is a pain for camera movement.

I know there are utilities that will allow me to remap all my keyboard keys in Winblows for all applications. That is not what I wish to do.

I am looking for a hack/mod/utility designed specifically to address the code which calls up the particular keys mapped in the Sims 2 so that I may reconfigure them to best suit my needs.

Incidentally, does the Sims 3 also limit the keys to the ones They have prescribed?

Thank-you and have a pleasant day/evening/etc..
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by swillfly
I would like to find a utility or mod which allows binding different keyboard keys than the default (forced) keys which EA/Maxis have set in stone.

WCIF forum might be a better place to ask where you can find content.

I tire of accidentally hitting Pause/Break when reaching for the PageUp/PageDown keys.

You could practice pressing the key while looking at the keyboard. When you're ready, try pressing the correct key without looking. Practice until it becomes second nature. Or just take the time to look at the keyboard every time. My "Pause/Break" is so close to being underneath my monitor so I don't really have this issue. What does pressing it while playing TS2 do? I was going to link you to a customizable keyboard, but then I saw that you're looking for something TS2 specific.

The scrunched quality of the WASD and arrow keys also is a pain for camera movement.

There are several camera mods available which fine tune the camera movements.

I am looking for a hack/mod/utility designed specifically to address the code which calls up the particular keys mapped in the Sims 2 so that I may reconfigure them to best suit my needs.

It sounds like you're wanting changes to the .exe?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...