Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:18 PM
Default how do you put a foundation on top of each other?
ive been trying to build connecting stairs on to two foundations, so the connecting stairs can reach my other wall on my 3rd floor. if anyone knows how to do this, please respond. and if you guys want to see what it looks like,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rq9...feature=related
skip to 2:04, you'll see he puts two foundations on top of each other.
thanks everyone!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:38 PM
Use a foundation (the brick looking one) on the bottom and the stage (the wooden looking one) on top
They are both found in the foundation tools.

"Negative thoughts never breed positive results"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:09 PM
when i did that, it changed to that one. like i put the brick foundation down, then tried to put one on top. but instead, the foundation touching the bottom, changed to the stage foundation. how do you put both on top of each other?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:29 PM
You place the normal foundation, either the brick one or the wood deck one. You then place the stage foundation on top, no cheats required. You do have to have OFB to have stages though. To remove the normal foundation underneath they may have had to have moveobjects on cheat enabled. And then they placed the stage foundation on the ground. It sounds like your using the wrong foundation and using the deck foundation instead of the stage foundation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM
What's OFB? And sorry for the questions, I'm new to building in sims. And I want to be able to have two foundations on top of each other to be able to put connecting stairs from one floor toanother with the foundations in the middle.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:52 PM
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 3:46 PM
Did you have any cheats on at the time you tried? I think they need to be turned off. I know having the cfe cheat on will overlap the foundations like you described.

"Negative thoughts never breed positive results"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 4:48 PM
Stages also come with University, I think, if you have that expansion pack. I'm pretty sure that is the expansion I got them on (I do not have OFB, but I do have stages).

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 4:51 PM
They didn't come with University - they did come with EPs after OfB though (so if you have Pets, you'll have them, but not if you just have Uni.)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:23 PM
hmm... okay. I guess so. I got Pets well before University, and don't recall having them until after University. I guess I must just never have noticed them until University. I wish there was a list that tells about things like half-walls, stages, circular stairs, roof slope tool, etc., and what expansion packs they come with.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Instructor
#11 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:13 PM
there is a list on Simtopia ill give the link to the area naeniver
http://www.simtopia.net/index.php?board=168.0
and the roof slop tool comes with mansion and garden

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 7:13 PM
Wow! *mouth drops open* Someone actually went and listed every single object? That is so cool; thanks levini! It looks like it only lists buy mode stuff, not build stuff (like half-walls or foundations). But neat nonetheless!

Instructor
#13 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
welcome but All credit goes to the now dead site Thyme2sim for making those

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
dodgy builder
#14 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 1:17 PM
In sims2 you can just raise the ground, put the foundation on top, lover the ground again. That way you can make the foundation any hight you want. In Sims3 I run into troubles this way all the time
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies