Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 9:07 PM
Default Content to make a sim look slightly older
Hello, I am making a sim that is supposed to be in his mid 30's. My problem is that he looks too young, and I don't know what to do to make him look more mature. He's too young for wrinkles, and I'm clueless about what to do. Any help/suggestion is welcome

Ps: I added a pic, and none of the content was made by me, all credits to respective makers/creators.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM
Well, without any CC, two suggestions are to give him a maybe shorter hairstyle and glasses. Those two combined can make a Sim look a little older.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 9:22 PM
People's facial features tend to soften as they get older, so maybe give him a bit more cheek etc.

Some light wrinkles can also help. This is one of the sets I use (they look better ingame than in the previews, imo!): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=246697

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 12:09 AM
Thank you I'm trying to find any sfx custom content that could be. The wrinkles gave me an idea, I'll just tone them down a bit. I had the same problem with my Daryl Dixon / Norman Reedus Sim.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 12:22 AM
More crag. That face is all smooth planes and curves - it needs some angles.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 2:42 AM
Here, I dare say it's better Thank you all for your help.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:58 PM
My probably all time favorite facial effect makeup comes from SimpleLife, the site doesn't allow direct linking to the page so click on downloads Sims 2 > Face kit. You can download by clicking on the pictures. Edited to add: sometimes the page will load up with some sort of Japanese error screen instead, just hit refresh and it should start working.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 10:23 PM
Your sim looks like Levi from Attack On Titan , but i do prefer also SimpleLife stuff, i use it on all of my sims, i was about to link it but nevermind now since the user did it before me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 1:16 AM
Goal achieved then lol That's who I'm making Bekawolisims
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:31 AM Last edited by gazania : 4th Sep 2017 at 6:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
My probably all time favorite facial effect makeup comes from SimpleLife, the site doesn't allow direct linking to the page so click on downloads Sims 2 > Face kit. You can download by clicking on the pictures. Edited to add: sometimes the page will load up with some sort of Japanese error screen instead, just hit refresh and it should start working.

Another vote for that site. To me, much of the content actually ages the Sim gradually, and the wrinkles on most do not scream "I'm painted on!" (A few of the really deep ones look a little too heavy-handed, but you have plenty of others to work with.) And the subtlety of the lighter aging masks should place your Sim more at 30-ish.

And yes, he does indeed look like Levi from AOT. I suppose we couldn't see an upload of him somewhere? I know he's a favorite. Stick in an Eren and a Mikasa ... maybe an Armin for good measure ... and there might be quite a cool team there!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#12 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:41 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Sep 2017 at 2:53 AM.
@Nanaki_ Check out this creator here right on this site, she created a new "Age Group" not to old or to young I use this myself and really love it.http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=472876
While there check out her other creation for this new age like facial hair. If you like this please read there what she said.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".