Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 12:49 AM
Default Unique Names Export/Import
im looking the file with unique names of the Profession where i can find i would like to do nice mod
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexanderFebo
im looking the file with unique names of the Profession where i can find i would like to do nice mod

You have to change them in the stbl file.

The Monarch one is interesting, because although the game only has a handful of variations as it is, there is room to put in so much more based on certain conditions being met.
For the example of how many titles can be created I use Forrest as the male name, Vienna as the female name, and Aurora as the kingdom name, these would obviously use the name of the actual sims and kingdom that are in use by the game.

These were quickly done for testing purposes a long time ago, but I've never got round to changing them.
You should also keep in mind that titles and epithets will appear together in most text dialogues in the game, so the unwieldy ones are very unwieldy, and some are weird, like 'His Majesty'. It's great in almost all text, but he occasionally refers to himself and so calls himself 'His Majesty' and also when he calls for food and the servant dialogue pops up with yes, His Majesty, when it would be 'your majesty'.

Here's an example list of all the monarch variation that can be had, which is quite a bit more than they put in the game, which was 6 titles, 3 for each gender and 2 epithets shared by both genders, which is a shame given the scope they had.

Titles and Epithets
Prince Regent Forrest
Princess Regent Vienna

Prince Regent Forrest, House of Claymore
Her Royal Highness, the Princess Regent, Vienna

Prince Regent Forrest, Heir Apparent
Princess Regent Vienna, Heiress Presumptive

King Forrest of Aurora
Queen Vienna of Aurora

King Forrest the Great
Queen Vienna the Fair

King Forrest the Protector
Queen Vienna the Guardian

High King Forrest the Great of Aurora &the United Territories of the Western Isles
High Queen Vienna the Fair of Aurora & the United Territories of the Western Isles

His Majesty, King Forrest of Aurora & the United Territories of the Western Isles
Her Majesty, Queen Vienna of Aurora & the United Territories of the Western Isles

His Majesty, King Forrest the Lionheart
Her Majesty, Queen Vienna the Tempest

Titles of spouses
Prince Consort
Queen Consort
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:18 AM
where i can find that stbl files ?
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 6:33 PM
The STBL's are in either SASFullBuild2.package or SASDeltaBuild2.package. If the language your using is in the DeltaBuild package use that one, otherwise use the one in FullBuild.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 8:14 PM
how i can edit that stbl ?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 26th Feb 2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: usual typos
Export to file using s3pe, play around with it then import from file using s3pe. Save package with new name and put into mods. Should work.
Instructor
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 9:20 PM
Actually, Silverprinz, I've seen very few programs that let you deal efficiently with STBL's. S3PE will let you edit them (without export), and this is the program I usually use, but it sucks trying to find the strings. Also, in regards to title, any STBL change will not affect existing characters. These string are built upon character creation, and will not be automatically reflected (see my core Assign Title, it was made to bypass this limitation).
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 11:01 PM
Tou are the man!
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 1:49 PM
I tried a few progs for editing STBLs at the start but S3PE has been by far the best.

All my Monarch's from my very first kingdom in March 2011 to the current one, are using the titles I've put in. Unless I've misunderstood what Grim has meant about them not affecting existing sims.
Instructor
#10 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 3:22 AM
Chickie's right, I'm a dumb ass. Other files caused what I described, and if you mess with less stuff than I do it will probably work from the get go. Sometimes I dig way deepr than needs be, and great modders like ChickieTeeta keep me in check.

As a side note I've been using CmarNYC's (a wonderful, and friendly modder, who helped me a lot with my TSM modding even though she's a TS3 modder) Easy STBL Manager. I use it to export to an XML which I can edit in Notepad++, and import back into a package. I knew I had a program, but I couldn't find it, but this is it. Open a package in EasySTBL, export it to XML, and use Notepad++ to find and edit the strings, then import back into your package with EasySTBL. You can make the edits in EasySTBL, but I find the line numbers and search in Notepad++ to be invaluable when working with any XML.