Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#13151 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 9:43 PM
I was testing out a new community lot (a diner) and my pixel decided to skip out on the bill.

Not a good idea, as the Maitre'd came over and yelled at him for doing it-and had to pay the money anyway.

Not a pleasant encounter. Now I know what happens when they get caught doing it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13152 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:23 AM
Toddlers pat the potty while using it. Dunno why but I just thought it was super cute when I noticed.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#13153 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:24 AM
The TV broke so I had the landlord fix it, and she didn't push it back so it just kind of sat there slanted. Kamaria played video games and it was still slanted, and then I was going to have Nia watch the cooking channel and look what I found.

EDIT: I also found this want. What's a green energy source?
Screenshots
Theorist
#13154 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:32 AM
An environmentally friendly one. Wouldn't that be a solar panel or a wind turbine? (Can you even buy wind turbines to put on lots?)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Top Secret Researcher
#13155 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:47 AM
Yes you can buy and put the wind turbines on lots. And the green energy would be the solar panels and wind turbines.
Scholar
#13156 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:37 AM
Sims can check the collar of visiting dogs and a popup will inform them who is the dogĀ“s owner.

Also sims can gossip about pets... is this supposed to happen or a symptom of corruption?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13157 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 2:51 AM
Except I don't think the wind turbines work, I thought I read EA broke those? The solar panels work well reducing the bills.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13158 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 10:58 AM
Rebecah (Affinity Sims) has made a working windmill. I don't know if they work to reduce the bills, but they do spin.
Mad Poster
#13159 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:46 AM
The wind turbines do work - they might have been fixed again? I use them all the time.
Mad Poster
#13160 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:48 AM
And there is the very pretty windmill by tbudgett too here - and it works as well.
Field Researcher
#13161 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rusty55
Yes you can buy and put the wind turbines on lots. And the green energy would be the solar panels and wind turbines.

Do they come with a particular stuff pack or M&G?
Mad Poster
#13162 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 4:54 PM
If your sim has $0, and freestyles for tips, another member of the household can tip them money (which takes $0 as the sim has none) and then when they've finished freestyling, they suddenly have money.

I don't really believe in pulling money out of no-where in my game, but this was just an experiment to see if it worked.

Field Researcher
#13163 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008

Mansion & Garden
Top Secret Researcher
#13164 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008

As Prah stated, yes they came in M&G.

I used to use the wind turbines as much as I used the solar panels. I always hated the look of the hood with a bunch of either in every yard, but then I found out if the solar panels are placed behind walls or under the roof they still work and lower the bills.
Test Subject
#13165 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 4:53 PM
I found out that when you 'view' the rose bouqet that a dream date leaves outside of your house it has a little note with a poem and such.

Also, dogs will bark at their reflection in the body-length mirrors. I wonder if cats will hiss at them? ^^ (I don't play with pets much.)
Top Secret Researcher
#13166 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 2:20 AM
That if you place a money tree in or around your business, the "Mystery Shopper" will harvest the tree and give you a great review.
Field Researcher
#13167 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:17 AM
If you build an apartment with the Great Divide fence from the Pets expansion pack and then populate the house your Sims cannot use the room the fence is around. I used it to outline my kitchen in my apartment building that I created and my Sims could not use the kitchen. I never thought that would be a problem. I love the way it looks in regular houses so I thought using it in an apartment would make the room look bigger. It really surprised me.
Mad Poster
#13168 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:51 AM
The great divide fences make the game believe the area they enclose are public space. You can use fences in apartments, just not those
Field Researcher
#13169 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:04 PM
I was so disappointed when I found that out. I had to move my family out, take out the fence, and move them back in. Ugh. A huge pain.
Mad Poster
#13170 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:12 AM
Ctrl + right click on thumbnails refreshes them.

I always knew it was a button, and a click - but not which button and I always presumed it was left clicking...

Mad Poster
#13171 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 2:49 AM
If the Sim is "looking though" the telescope during the day, the lowest numbered Sim in the hood sees it as "being spied on" so they slap your Sim for "spying". If you don't have a mod to stop it, every time your Sim uses the telescope in the day, they will be slapped. Star gazing at night doesn't get a slap.
#13172 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Mordecai and Rigby : 1st Mar 2015 at 2:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
If the Sim is "looking though" the telescope during the day, the lowest numbered Sim in the hood sees it as "being spied on" so they slap your Sim for "spying". If you don't have a mod to stop it, every time your Sim uses the telescope in the day, they will be slapped. Star gazing at night doesn't get a slap.

I already knew you'd get slapped but I didn't know it was the lowest numbered Sim. I also found out awhile ago that if a child uses the telescope during the day, it's not considered spying.
Lab Assistant
#13173 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:28 AM
I've never used it, but Squinge has a mod allowing your sim to select which neighbour to spy on with the telescope - http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=10886.0
Mad Poster
#13174 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
I already knew you'd get slapped but I didn't know it was the lowest numbered Sim. I also found out awhile ago that if a child uses the telescope during they day, it's not considered spying.

I think it's more that they thought that beating up children could be frowned on heh.
Top Secret Researcher
#13175 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
I already knew you'd get slapped but I didn't know it was the lowest numbered Sim. I also found out awhile ago that if a child uses the telescope during they day, it's not considered spying.

That's so weird. Every time (and I mean EVERY TIME) this has happened to my sims, it's always been Mortimer Goth. Granted, i play Pleasantview a lot.

I thought this was normal, to the point where I didn't question him showing up anymore. Just thought it was one of those TS2 quirks.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 527 of 619