Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Aspiration & Career Rewards for Lot Builders

by Sophie-David Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 7:04 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2021 at 12:49 PM by HugeLunatic : fix install instructions

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 48 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 6
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by altoforensics
Sorry for this, but I'm horrible at the somewhat technical jargon found on this site. I have all the expansion packs, which one do I need to install, and where should I put it? I'm sure you've said it in your instructions, but I can't seem to find where.
Since you have all the EPs, please install the contents of SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip in
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
(the complete instructions are listed under the "Install Instructions" tab, but the above direction is all that you really need)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 4:55 PM
thanks for the upload
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesimsfanz123
thanks for the upload
You're welcome simsfanz!
#29 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 7:53 PM
Well, just an update to let you know that I have succeeded in getting the adjustable-height feature working, though I have no idea how. Apparently the game is kinda picky about when --and *IF*-- it will let me use that feature, and I simply hadn`t stumbled upon the correct combination of whatever is relavent. Then again, mebbe it just works better with M&G installed, too. ::shrug::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 8:01 PM
Thanks! ^_^
Theorist
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 10:06 PM
Good news, GOD!

You're welcome, altoforensics.
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:23 AM
With this download in, the Bookshelf of Education is missing the extra skills learnt from books (Parenting etc). Also only cooking, cleaning, and mechanical skills can be gained from reading. When other logic, body, etc are clicked on, Sim goes to bookcase to select book then jumps back in a error. Happens whether Bookshelf of Education is from career or from buy mode. When Rewards file is removed, Bookshelf of Education operates as it should. All other career rewards operate as normal.
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
Bug Fix for the Bookshelf of Education Career Reward
Quote: Originally posted by edwood
With this download in, the Bookshelf of Education is missing the extra skills learnt from books (Parenting etc). Also only cooking, cleaning, and mechanical skills can be gained from reading. When other logic, body, etc are clicked on, Sim goes to bookcase to select book then jumps back in a error. Happens whether Bookshelf of Education is from career or from buy mode. When Rewards file is removed, Bookshelf of Education operates as it should. All other career rewards operate as normal.
Thank you very much for this bug report, edwood. I have posted a bugfix for this problem - just follow the instructions under the Install tab as usual. Those who use Seasons with either FreeTime or Apartment Life installed will need this bugfix, but all other users need not update their files.
#34 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 6:24 PM
Re-::nab::

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 10:00 PM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:57 PM
is the camera included? (I need that one on a lot)
Theorist
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charmsheart0559
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!
You're welcome, charmsheart!
Quote: Originally posted by veerlehond
is the camera included? (I need that one on a lot)
Yes, the camera is included.
Test Subject
#38 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 9:23 AM
Do you think you could make one for Non-Buyable Items?
This download will come in handy thanks much!
Theorist
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 4th Apr 2010 at 6:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kcrulz101
Do you think you could make one for Non-Buyable Items?
This download will come in handy thanks much!
Hi kcrulz101 - I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean the game accessories that do not show up in the catalogue? I actually do have a complete basegame set that StephSim and I use but I haven't got around to releasing it yet. Thank you for the encouragement, I'm happy if you find this set useful.
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Hi kcrulz101 - I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean the game accessories that do not show up in the catalogue? I actually do have a complete basegame set that StephSim and I use but I haven't got around to releasing it yet. Thank you for the encouragement, I'm happy if you find this set useful.

Yeah thats what i mean, Thanks, This set comes in very handy.
Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM
Is there a workaround to actually installing this? I'm trying to put the files in the file location but i get access denied when extracting them there. Which is odd because i've been able to place the scriptorium files in the same destination path (but in scripts) without being denied access.

I'm really hoping this isn't a problem due to the collection discs. i run the game on fun with pets which includes mansion and garden stuff pack and i also have the university collection disc. would i have to install the non uni one because i seem to remember there was something else (not this download) that told me i didnt have university installed or something similar to that.
Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckypup2122
Is there a workaround to actually installing this? I'm trying to put the files in the file location but i get access denied when extracting them there. Which is odd because i've been able to place the scriptorium files in the same destination path (but in scripts) without being denied access.
I think it would actually work in any Bin folder that is in your active game directory paths, if that's any help. Nonetheless "Access denied" suggests a file system problem. If you are in Vista you must be an administrator. Also, the game cannot be running at the time.
#43 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 9:29 PM
I don`t have that problem myself, running XP, but I understand that it sometimes helps to extract the archives to another location, then move them into the correct directory with Windoze Explorer.

Test Subject
#44 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 1:41 AM
OK so i extracted to my desktop download folder and copied from there to the C drive so it should work now since i didnt get access denied when putting the files in.

This only works for the careers that come with the expansion packs right? Custom Careers with Custom rewards won't work the same if i'm reading this right. Which is a shame because i have some careers with rewards that would really be great for selling in stores if i have the sims open up a shop after completing that career. Guess i'll just have to find similar oriented objects to download for those. Thanks for the help great job.
Theorist
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckypup2122
This only works for the careers that come with the expansion packs right? Custom Careers with Custom rewards won't work the same if i'm reading this right.
Yes, that's correct Luckypup. This set was formed by individual edits of each game reward object, but I don't have permission to edit user objects. I'm glad you got the set to work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:44 PM
can someone help me i want to know which one should i download i have university, open for business, pets and apartment life.
Theorist
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shinestar12589
can someone help me i want to know which one should i download i have university, open for business, pets and apartment life.
You will need to install the contents of SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip, most typically in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins. You will not need to change this installation even if you install more EPs later.

Optionally, if you want the collection files, you could also install the contents of SDcollectionPetsAndLater_Rewards.zip in the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder.

Cheers - David
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 2:02 PM
Just great Thank you
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nich
Just great Thank you
You're welcome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:14 PM
It's gr8 but it totally kills the meaning of Aspiration and the rewards for it, I'm downloading it and I may use it...
Page 2 of 6