Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:35 AM
Default Need advice for haunting a house....
Hi
I am quite the noob when it comes to haunted houses in this game, so I am seeking advices.
My plan is to move an old lady I will create, and she will unfortunatly die in her house. Being the only sim living there..what will happen then, and where will her urn end up?
That I do not know.
But what I would like, is the house to be haunted by her, with her urn hidden in the house somewhere. No gravestone outside, because this is not how I see..a haunted house.
(Once done, I'd like to move that house to the bin, for future haunted house fun, but this is not my priority. If all goes well, I won't need the same ghost, I'll just create a new one, in a new house )

Once her urn well hidden, I'll move a new clueless family in.

How should I make sure her urn stays IN her house after she dies, being the only sim living there?

Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:51 AM
I've never personally had the only sim on a lot die, but from what I have heard, Grim shows up, takes the sim, there is a pop-up scolding you, Grim may or may not hang around and watch tv, play on the computer, etc. for a while, and then you are bumped back to the Game Selection screen. I don't know if the urn is moved to the mausoleum or not. If it is you should be able to have another sim buy the house, pick up the urn from the mausoleum with "Manage the Dead," hide it in the house somewhere, and then move out.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 12:56 AM
This is what I was thinking, and was hoping it be different.
Oh..then maybe she could have a son...and after his mother's death, he could just move out. Then the urn would stay in the house without being send to the Mausoleum?
And thank you!!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 5:27 AM
Well, Force kill, made her vanish..no tomstone, no urn to be found. Maybe it was sent to the mausoleum..but my game crashed..so I'll know nest time I hop in.
Otherwise..if not Force kill, than what other interaction should I use? I thought an urn would just spawn where she died, next to her bed or something?
Her son was sleeping in his bed when she died/vanished.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 1:32 PM
ForceKill will remove her from the game and create an urnstone in the mausoleum straight away. If you want her to die in the house, with all the animations playing, Grim Reaper appearing etc. you will need to trigger death with DebugEnabler. The command is called something like "Death.../Die by...". I wouldn't recommend to use ways to die that might confuse the game though, like Shark Attack on land or Dehydration for Sims that are not mermaids. I had my games freeze or crash when I tried these. But other than that you can experiment with all possible death types that the game has on offer.
I'm quite partial to the Blunt Force death, because it looks rather nice with all the feathers surrounding the ghosts and the ghost is not as noisy as other types. Although the feathers make me wonder whether initially it may have been intended for a death by pillow fighting.
Site Helper
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 7:35 PM
If it actually was intended as a death by pillow fighting, I'm really glad that they didn't implement it as such. Having something that sims autonomously do any time they are inside a house with another sim, no matter how silly it is for them to be doing it, is bad enough. Having it be potentially lethal when the only non-mod way to prevent it would involve not having a bed in the house would be beyond ridiculous.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 10:40 PM
Finally, I went into my CAS Town and checked all the ghost color in Create-A-Sim. Old age is the only one that almost look like a ghost IMO...so she will die of old age, plain and simple.
I used MC, Advanced, age absolute, and gave her one day left to elder stage. I will play this household until she dies, and that she start haunting the house. Once this is done..I'll make her son move, leaving the urn behind...
Thanks to all of you.