Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 9:18 PM
Once again I must apologize for breaking rules, I am new here and my intention was not to say or do anything bad here.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:05 PM
I don't think you need to worry, @Lena88 - I interpreted your post as how to incorporate Islam in your hood as well (hence me pointing out that they are active in business and politics and wear pretty scarves more often than hijabs here) rather than just asking for cc, which, imo, makes a difference.
Welcome, and you have, by the way, met the Queen of derailing threads herself, namely @iCad. And she tends to make me go on the derailing thread road too Because sometimes one is just curious about things in other parts of the world you don't know enough about.
Undead Molten Llama
#53 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:49 PM
@Lena88
You haven't done anything wrong. But, in the future, if you're looking for help finding things, the thread should go in the Where Can I Find? forum rather than the general discussion one. That way, people in the future looking for the same thing as you were might find the thread more easily and, also, more people who like finding things for other players -- who view it as a challenge, for instance -- hang out there, so you're more likely to get more answers more quickly and with less discussion-like off-topicness.

But yeah, threads will often wander off-topic for a bit (and yeah, I'm often involved, I'm afraid. ), but generally they go back on-topic eventually. The mods here are pretty tolerant of conversation digressions, probably because they don't have time or inclination to police every thread, so unless things get nasty, or someone's obviously being a troll, and/or someone files a complaint, they're generally hands-off. So, no worries, and you have nothing at all to apologize for.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:54 PM
These forums are rather confusing to new comers, I know it took me ages to work out where things are. I found the site map to be the most helpful when I was going around in circles.

Just know if you post to the chat area that your thread, even if was just intended as a WCIF will become a discussion. Sometimes you might want that other times not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#55 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 1:05 AM
I agree with iCad. You are not in fault at all for putting this thread here. It's some other people that either read into it too deep, are too sensitive, or are looking for an argument who detail them and turn it to something that you didn't intend for. So if a moderator could come shut this post down, or even if the original poster could maybe delete it, I think that would be the best thing to do.
Undead Molten Llama
#56 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:09 AM Last edited by iCad : 31st Aug 2016 at 2:22 AM.
Why should it be locked or deleted? It's certainly not the first (and won't be the last) thread to drift off-topic, and it's not even the first that might have caused any hurt feelings. Plus, some relevant information and links have been shared and, IMO, those should never be deleted. I can't count the number of times I've been looking for something and a Google search dredged up an ancient thread from MTS that has a link to just what I need. Sometimes the links even still work, but even if they don't, it gives me an idea of who made the kind of stuff I'm looking for and then maybe I'll have some luck on, say, the Graveyard, if that creator's files have ended up there. I don't think threads should ever be deleted, really, at least not ones that are sharing game-relevant information, even if such a thread wanders off-topic at times.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 3:00 AM
So long as it doesn't turn into a mud throwing debate I don't see any reason for it to be locked or deleted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#58 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Why should it be locked or deleted? It's certainly not the first (and won't be the last) thread to drift off-topic, and it's not even the first that might have caused any hurt feelings. Plus, some relevant information and links have been shared and, IMO, those should never be deleted. I can't count the number of times I've been looking for something and a Google search dredged up an ancient thread from MTS that has a link to just what I need. Sometimes the links even still work, but even if they don't, it gives me an idea of who made the kind of stuff I'm looking for and then maybe I'll have some luck on, say, the Graveyard, if that creator's files have ended up there. I don't think threads should ever be deleted, really, at least not ones that are sharing game-relevant information, even if such a thread wanders off-topic at times.

You're right. It shouldnt get locked or deleted it's just people don't understand that this is a game and get all hot and bothered.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 8:27 AM
Personally, I don't see any reason for the thread to be locked - most of the posts are informative and will help any player who wants to use Islam (or any other isolationist religion, like iCad) helpful.
Politics tends to come up during election years - but it is also important to remember that not all of us live in the US (or in South Africa, where I have just recently posted about the opposition taking over all the biggest metros) - and some may not care about politics but still may find the thread useful.
Alchemist
#60 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:53 PM
Does anyone else think it's funny that people who want this thread to go away keep bumping it to the top to say so?
Field Researcher
#61 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Maybe deleting the sim references would be a good thing to do before placing the lot into a neighborhood you care about.
Because that lot is so old and we didn't know about sim references back in those days.

Hey @Jawusa, do you know if there is a tutorial or instructions somewhere on how to do that?

Thanks.
Page 3 of 3