Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#9976 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:09 PM
@igazor:
Can't see a reason to be sorry about posting useful stuff. That's great news and, I dare say, super-useful information for everyone who didn't have Seasons installed. Thanks and kudos.
Advertisement
Scholar
#9977 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:35 PM
Ok, now for the testing part: I activated Seasons long enough to turn the season to always winter, then deactivated Seasons again. Loaded my China game, placed a few mature plants near the base camp (buydebug on), then watched them for about 12 game hours, until around 10 PM. Even accounting for the transition to winter, they should have frozen at night at least with v86, but didn't with v87b.

Neither did the existing fruit trees in China, but I'm not sure if trees had the issue in v86 or not. Still, the important part is, with v87b they don't freeze.

It's not an exhaustive testing, but as a first impression, the testing version seems to fix the crops freezing issue too.

So, yeah, go get it, people.

Hope this helps.
Scholar
#9978 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
How do the two fairy houses compare?
(Although the ability to go have a party in your bed when you were supposed to be sleeping probably should be factored in...)

OK, I went home and tested the fairy house. The base value displayed in the buy menu is 21.33 per hour, making it one of the crappiest beds in the game. I mean, it's literally equal with the §300 Single Post Bed, though ahead of the Sign Of Springs bed. The value measured while actually sleeping is 26.66, which is basically the 21.33 with the Meditative Trance Sleep bonus applied.

The altar is 30 base value and 37.5 actually measured while sleeping, so again with the reward bonus applied.

Which also means I was wrong about tents being THE best beds, but they're still up there with some of the best.
Site Helper
#9979 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 9:56 PM
I've discovered that the repair fail pop-ups have interesting ideas of what is electric...

and I don't think I want to use these chairs anymore.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#9980 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 7:29 PM
Today I took one of my Sims to the gym, which was next to the theatre (different lot).
Apparently there was a symphony taking place, because he got the "Heard Theatre Music" moodlet while at the gym!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
#9981 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 10:24 PM
I've discovered that the repair fail pop-ups have interesting ideas of what is electric...

and I don't think I want to use these chairs anymore.

Ever seen The new Red Green Show? Stuff like that can totally happen, maybe The Sims takes place in Canada.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Mad Poster
#9982 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 4:24 AM
That Sims can find Seashells and Rubies snorkeling. In the past, my Sims have never found anything snorkeling, but today my Sim found a Seashell and a Ruby.
Site Helper
#9983 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Ever seen The new Red Green Show? Stuff like that can totally happen, maybe The Sims takes place in Canada.

I forgot about that....

(So where's the duct tape?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#9984 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 11:00 PM
Vampires can't drink from genies because they apparently don't have plasma. However, plant sims do.
Instructor
#9985 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 12:28 AM
I forgot about that....

(So where's the duct tape?)

Remember if the women don't find you hansom, they should at least find you handy.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Alchemist
#9986 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 4:08 PM
I learned that Sims can "Attempt to Subdue" the cheaper washing machine when it makes a lot of noise and shakes.
The result is a negative moodlet and the washing machine opening and closing its lid, as if to mock you.

And no, apparently you can't die from it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#9987 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 10:20 PM
Sims can succeed in subduing the washer as well then they get a positive moodlet ans the machine stops shaking.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#9988 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 2:06 AM
Discovered that with the WA EP, if they learn songs in WA locations they sing them in the shower XD
Lab Assistant
#9989 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Lulu_c : 21st Jul 2016 at 4:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
If you stick a bar stool under a vanity then sims can actually sit there.

I tried this in my game (w/ moveobjects on) and found that the bar stool will block the routing for 'change outfit' interaction. But who would get changed using a vanity anyway
Nice tip!
Inventor
#9990 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by themysteriouscorn
Discovered that with the WA EP, if they learn songs in WA locations they sing them in the shower XD

They sing them EVERYWHERE. And I think one of my Sims is tone-deaf. She sounds so bad. Almost as bad as whoever recorded some of the songs in Showtime's singing career (so much Autotune, Gosh).
Lab Assistant
#9991 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 8:24 AM
I learned that if you delete a book your sim just finished reading for an opportunity, a notice pops up that tells you that you shouldn't have done that and the opportunity gets deleted and you don't get anything for it.
Scholar
#9992 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Vampires can't drink from genies because they apparently don't have plasma. However, plant sims do.

Reminds me of me old plantsim/vampire hybrid. She could really suck the life out of a blood orange
Field Researcher
#9993 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:11 PM
After all these years of playing the Sims 3, I just discovered that sims can handshake the grim reaper.. I'm used to them begging Grimmy but not handshaking him!
Screenshots

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Top Secret Researcher
#9994 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
After all these years of playing the Sims 3, I just discovered that sims can handshake the grim reaper.. I'm used to them begging Grimmy but not handshaking him!
You should kill more sims.

Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler

Technically, you get maple syrup from plant sims, aka "tree blood".
Scholar
#9995 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:02 AM
I discovered exactly how out of whack the store MultiTab is. I mean, I knew it recharges fun faster than anything else, but only now I looked at the numbers and did a couple of comparisons.

CAVEAT: it may or may not depend on exactly what traits and rewards the sim has, so if your sim only gets the results out of whack by a factor of 5 instead of 6 or 7, well, crap happens.

Because that's the kind of how far out of whack it is. For my sim, playing a social game on the tablet recovers fun somewhere between 6 and 7 times faster than dancing with her girlfriend or charming the snake (and for a change I don't mean a trouser snake), AND at the same time recovers social faster than actually talking to her girlfriend. Just about the only thing I found that recharges fun and social faster is a woohoo, though even then when you factor in the time spent kissing and walking and all, it's a bit of a toss. Plus, you'd be a mite hard pressed to find someone to woohoo in a pyramid, unless you're a Queen Of The Fae and can summon them.

So, yeah, I guess it's official: the MultiTab is the most fun you can have with your clothes on Though if you do your gaming in the nude, hey, I'm not judging.

But yeah, if you go on adventures or to college, that thing really helps. A lot more than just about anything else you can do on a break to recover fun.

Unrelated, photosynthesis as a plantsim, since we were talking about them earlier, recovers energy about 33% faster than a vampire altar, and even more so than other beds.
Field Researcher
#9996 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Because that's the kind of how far out of whack it is

And, unless it's just a feature of the one I downloaded from Around the Sims, it makes kids & teen do their homework faster and they get fun while they do it. I have a really hard time resisting buying at least one to be passed between the kids in a given family.

It is counted as a computer for technophobes, so that's a small speed bump and the game has a bad habit of deleting it out of inventories of inactive sims.
Mad Poster
#9997 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
And, unless it's just a feature of the one I downloaded from Around the Sims, it makes kids & teen do their homework faster and they get fun while they do it. I have a really hard time resisting buying at least one to be passed between the kids in a given family.

It is counted as a computer for technophobes, so that's a small speed bump and the game has a bad habit of deleting it out of inventories of inactive sims.

Here's a way to stop the game from deleting those multi-tabs.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/PocketProtector
Scholar
#9998 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 6:08 PM
AwesomeMod has an option to prevent inventories from being deleted too, IIRC:
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9999 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:03 PM
I just discovered that PlantSims can absorb puddles by stepping on them. And I mean ALL kinds of puddles, not just ordinary water ones (although I haven't tested it with a horse yet).
They raise their fun and water needs by doing so, btw.
Field Researcher
#10000 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Here's a way to stop the game from deleting those multi-tabs.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/PocketProtector

Does it work with custom content versions? I thought that mod only worked with the store item.
Page 400 of 490