Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
I CTRL,SHIFT,C and typed FPS ON (nothing happened btw) - I saved and exited. FPS still shows TS# profile is "60.7" so thats good.

when you typed "FPS ON" with the cheat box at TS3 main menu, the FPS number will only appears when the game has loaded, so you will only see it at your top right corner of your screen while you're playing the game, not at TS3 main menu or when new or saved game being load..

Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
IBUT- my card is still not found !! :'(

I took pics of the edited digits and the DeviceConfig as it stands atm.

this.. I'm sorry at the moment.. I really don't know how to help you anymore, I don't have an answer for this, I don't know if this is because of your game version is 1.69 or because of something else, but normally in TS3 1.67 even if you don't move your whole TS3 docs folder temporarily so TS3 will regenerate a new one (including new DeviceConfig), it will affect the current DeviceConfig when you done editing the GraphicCards.sgr and relaunched the game..

maybe someone else with better understanding about TS3 1.69 can help you with this, paging @igazor @nitromon..

PS: if this making your TS3 recognized your graphic card was failed because of your game is 1.69, then I think this is may also be the answer why your TSRW update won't work with your TS3, because I also have TSRW installed in my daughter's PC and never have the issue you're having with TSRW, but then again.. that's also 1.67.. the one in my daughter's pc..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 10:38 PM
You've been a great help thank you so much! Sorry to complicate things so much! Do you know of a way I can "un-update" my game since this update seems to have broken "everything" ? ? ...without uninstalling and reinstalling ??
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 5:08 AM Last edited by igazor : 5th Sep 2016 at 5:56 AM.
This GraphicsCards.sgr files that you are editing are the wrong ones, according to earlier screenshots. You want to edit the one in the base game directory, not the ones in the IP and LN expansion directories. It's the base game sgr that gets read immediately at startup no matter how many EPs you have in play. That's why it appears you are missing card entries that others see and why your changes are being ignored.

Afraid I haven't been following this thread very closely as I do have TSRW but it's been ages since I've tried to use it for anything. I am on Patch 1.69 and it still loads. Whether I can get it to do anything useful at this point might be another question. The version I have is 2.0.86, which is probably ancient.

No, there is no way to downgrade from 1.69 to 1.67 without uninstalling everything, cleaning the Registry, and starting over. There used to be a way to do this by just uninstalling and reinstalling the base game (only) and SuperPatching it 1.67, but EA locked that down with an Origin update back in January. You must have an all-disc install and a base game disc produced pre-Sept 2012 for this to work, otherwise you end up tied to Origin and 1.69 again. More info here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69

It appears that at least some of your EPs are digital rather than disc, I'm afraid that's not going to enable you to stay on 1.67 even through a reinstall.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 5:15 PM
Default Forget TSRW - How do I get my Nvidia GeForce GT 635 recognized by TS3?
[QUOTE=igazor]This GraphicsCards.sgr files that you are editing are the wrong ones, according to earlier screenshots. You want to edit the one in the base game directory, not the ones in the IP and LN expansion directories. It's the base game sgr that gets read immediately at startup no matter how many EPs you have in play. That's why it appears you are missing card entries that others see and why your changes are being ignored.

Bummer Ok. So which files should I be editing? I did a search on my own, and I was completely confused as to why it did not work. Last night, I tried to follow this guide >> http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...p?topic=26753.0 << It did not work for me either. I tried editing both the Late Night info and the Island Paradise info. Neither of which worked at all. When I started this post, it was to get TSRW up and running so I could make content. But now, I would rather get my graphics card recognized by TS3 since I could slowly be killing my CPU by not. Should I make a new post or continue with this one? Btw. Thanks for replying!

I understand what you are saying about the main game. But my main game is a disc, Origin doesn't recognize it, because its merged with my expansions.. (I think) idk. But any help you can give me is much appreciated!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 5:32 PM
Default It worked! TS3 recognizes my Graphics Card now !!!
Armed with this new knowledge about which TS3 files I was editing, I decided to take your advice and just forget about Origin being a player at all. And well it WORKED !!! Thank you SO SO MUCH !!! -- I'm so glad that I fixed that!!! - Next I am going to be making the texture memory 1240 - Hopefully its as easy as it was to fix my card! LOL.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 5:48 PM Last edited by stephiebaby : 5th Sep 2016 at 6:19 PM.
- Next I am going to be making the texture memory 1240 - Hopefully its as easy as it was to fix my card! LOL.[/QUOTE]

Well.. I edited the file for texture, but its still saying its using 4,000+ Mb for Texture Graphics.. is this a problem? Should I edit this as well.. or is it not really a concern? I'm really tired of trying to "fix" this, what PapaEmy said earlier scared me so much about my card, that I haven't played my game since! LOL. And now TS4 wont load. FML. (I'm not asking for help with it, I know this is a TS3 forum) but I thought I could play with TS4 while I fixed TS3 ... and one of my mods is bonking my game. (story of my life) smh.

UPDATE: Got TS4 to work. Thanks to this!!! >> http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561550 <<
I had TS3 content in TS4 downloads!! FML. :D
Mad Poster
#32 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 7:29 PM
Glad you found the right files to edit. Origin is still managing your base game, the program files are only in the Electronic Arts folder or some equivalent instead of the Origin folder because you have a mixed install (which is okay), but it should still all work the same way.

I don't honestly think it matters what you see in the Texture Memory section of DeviceConfig when it comes to 1,024 vs. higher numbers. TS3 is a pretty old game now and can only use around 800 MB of video memory anyway. The surplus is likely just ignored. Obviously either higher number is better than the 32 MB Override.

There is talk of EA patching in a block on non-TS4 mods that will disallow such mix-ups among different kinds of package based files in the future. I'm sure it will work as brilliantly as everything else they cook up does (coughs). But if and when they get around to doing this, it will only affect TS4 -- people already misunderstood what they were saying and thought they meant TS3 mods would be blocked for TS3 which is certainly not the case.
Instructor
#33 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 7:47 PM
the 4040MB texture memory is ok because it's not an override, you only need to edit it if there's an override, if that's what it found after recognizing your GT635 as GT430, that's your actual vram you have in your graphic card plus the one available from your main ram (under windows it will double your total vram amount)

just for my curiosity, so where is the OP base game directory location actually, the LN directory? No wonder you didn't have the GT430 in the list if you're editing the one at IP expansion, and how did your TS2 and TS4 all under the same OriginGames directory?

Good to hear that you finally solved it, and thanks to Igazor as well..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
the 4040MB texture memory is ok because it's not an override, you only need to edit it if there's an override, if that's what it found after recognizing your GT635 as GT430, that's your actual vram you have in your graphic card plus the one available from your main ram (under windows it will double your total vram amount)

just for my curiosity, so where is the OP base game directory location actually, the LN directory? No wonder you didn't have the GT430 in the list if you're editing the one at IP expansion, and how did your TS2 and TS4 all under the same OriginGames directory?

Good to hear that you finally solved it, and thanks to Igazor as well..

Thanks again PapaEmy for all your help !! I have physical copies of all my TS2 games, but they wouldn't work on Windows 8. I read up about it and there was a "rumor" that the complete edition with all the expansions (re-released and digital) would work. So I contacted Origin, and they gave me the entire set after confirming a few serials from my games! (That's why its through Origin TS4- I waited to get. I was afraid I wouldn't like it, and I knew if I bought a physical copy, there was no way I could return it, so I got the digital one. And that is why it too is under my Origin games

The correct location for TS3 files which should be edited in order to recognize a graphics card are as follows:
ThisPC > OS (C > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin

Sorry -idk what an LN directory is Thanks again so much you guys!! I'm happy to hear the Texture MB are good where they are at! And I'm glad you both stuck with me to get to this point! :lovestruc
I guess for the hell of it, I will try the TSRW update again.. just in case I'll keep you both updated!

EDIT: TSRW still does not work. It has to be something to do with my PC itself, the previous TSRW install or something, but its alright. I dont want it anymore anyway!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 8:07 AM Last edited by igazor : 6th Sep 2016 at 9:02 AM.
The path to the actual base game install varies a little depending upon whether it was originally a disc install or Origin and (I think) depending upon if and when Patch 1.69 was applied as there were three different releases of it. Mine is under Origin Games along with all of my EP/SP directories, I don't even have an Electronic Arts directory in Program Files (x86) as the entire install was Origin. Maybe I used to back on 1.67 and prior, don't really remember now.

LN means Late Nite, you were showing us that program folder too earlier on but glad we moved past that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The path to the actual base game install varies a little depending upon whether it was originally a disc install or Origin and (I think) depending upon if and when Patch 1.69 was applied as there were three different releases of it. Mine is under Origin Games along with all of my EP/SP directories, I don't even have an Electronic Arts directory in Program Files (x86) as the entire install was Origin. Maybe I used to back on 1.67 and prior, don't really remember now.

LN means Late Nite, you were showing us that program folder too earlier on but glad we moved past that.

Ohh ok. I have a physical copy of TS3 that was patched through Origin by entering the serial #.. if that makes sense. SO technically it should be in both Origin Games AND my OS.. but its not. Its only in my OS. Weird. I'm just glad its done, and I don't have to worry about it anymore :D
Page 2 of 2