Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:46 PM
I have made a new worldname, thumbnail and description but I always get this error !
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#127 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sentracks
I haven't used a world out of the game...

I don't understand what you mean here- could you rephrase?
Test Subject
#128 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:11 PM
I edited a world that is not a basegame world. It is a world i have downloaded
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#129 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:37 AM
Is it a pre-populated world? Not sure what the problem is- try repeating the steps. This is an experimental method, everything we know about this process is in this thread, so have another read through to see if there are any suggestions you can try. I've had no problem doing this myself on a low-end computer, so I'm betting you missed something out.
Test Subject
#130 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 9:20 PM
Now I tried to edit another World out of the game... I tried it with Bridgeport and France but i always get this error :

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#131 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:15 PM
Try copying the file into your Documents folder and then opening it from there.
Test Subject
#132 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:15 PM
It works
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#133 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:42 PM
Test Subject
#134 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:27 PM
But when I want to save Bridgeport CAW crashed
And I still cannot export the downloaded World
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#135 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Make sure you have given the world a name, thumbnail and description. If you are wishing to install an edited version of one of the EA worlds then you also need to delete the WPID as outlined in this thread. That is so that the world is seen as a different world to the existing EA worlds by the game.

Did you do that step?
Test Subject
#136 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:45 PM
Yes I have made a new Name, description and Thumbnail...

Quote:
need to delete the WPID

I haven't done this but it isn't an EA World that I cannot Export...
But I still have installed this world to Sims 3 ???

Can you explain me this step ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#137 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 1:42 AM
You don't need to do that unless you are editing an EA world that you want to duplicate.

What error are you getting when you try to export the world? Is it a populated world?
Test Subject
#138 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 1:24 PM
Yes it is an populated world !

The Error is:

The world couldn't be exported
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#139 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 11:45 PM
Well, you could try removing the sims (that's tricky in itself- you could try Awesomemod but I've never been very successful, I'm hoping others may have some better suggestions regarding this).
Other options are to try rebuilding routing, saving as a different name and re-exporting. If that fails then I would guess it's related to the sims.
Test Subject
#140 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 1:41 PM
Is this method just for France etc. or is it possible to customize a downloaded world?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#141 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 2:26 PM
This can be used for any world, although it can be troublesome if the world is populated. I've used this method to customise worlds that other simmers have made for my own use; bear in mind that you should ask permission from the original creator if you wish to share your amended world though.
Test Subject
#142 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 2:51 PM
It is just for my own use :-)
The custom world is populated and i have some trouble with the import of the exported files. I always get the message, that some files can´t be found! What does it mean? I checked the number of exported files with the files in the custom world, the sum of the files is identical. Perhaps it is better to delete the Sims in the world first?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#143 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 10:13 PM
Try importing the files directly from the world file- use the 'import from package' feature instead of importing the files individually.
Test Subject
#144 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 1:18 PM
Not sure if this helps, but I've already made a unpopulated version of the France world you can find this here:-

It contains Rabbit Holes upto Ambitions, you would need to place in the Nightlife stuff yourself

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3218005
Test Subject
#145 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Dupli : 14th Jan 2011 at 8:50 AM.
Thank you for your help!
I used the import from package feature, but I can not select the option replace duplicates. The new world file can be opened in the CAW. I changed the description, added a new image and "Save As" is selected. CAW is now saving over 10 minutes!
Edit: Now everything works fine!
Test Subject
#146 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:04 AM
Please please could someone show through piccies how to go about this procedure of importing the correct files into CAW, I am basically computer stupid and following the verbal instructions just dont work for me, I think I am more a visual person. I seem to go around and around in circles and come up with total failure.

Step 1 is a no brainer

it is the steps that follow that have me totally comfused. Showing what the a3pe screen should look like and the correct buttons to click would be a great help.

I hope that someone can help me with this and thanks for all the help with other CAW info, making a new world is now much more fun but I would really like to alter some of EA existing worlds if I can.

Marsha
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#147 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sturley
Please please could someone show through piccies how to go about this procedure of importing the correct files into CAW, I am basically computer stupid and following the verbal instructions just dont work for me, I think I am more a visual person. I seem to go around and around in circles and come up with total failure.

Marsha

Marsha, there is no step by step tutorial as this is still an experimental procedure, so everything we know about this is in this thread.

The easiest thing to do is to actually try the steps in the tutorial yourself- reading through the instructions will not make a lot of sense unless you have the files in front of you.

You can always post here if you have specific questions- the important thing to remember is to backup any files you are planning on opening or changing.
Test Subject
#148 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 4:46 PM Last edited by acorbe2001 : 26th Jan 2011 at 7:21 AM. Reason: found solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by werismyki
[*]if you zoom out, but not in map view, you will notice that you go in and out of a fog layer. This does get to be a little annoying after awhile.

that is happening to me with both Egypt and China, when I edit in game I can zoom out with no problem, but after the world has been installed in the game I got the fog layer. Any idea how to solve it? It doesn't happen with any other custom world I created to test it.

I have found the solution in this thread
Test Subject
#149 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 5:39 PM
Default Some trouble with my world
Hello everybody
i have imported the twinbook neighborhood in caw, i can edit and save with no trouble. But during that editing part some of the lots crashed, from far the texture looks like "pixel pudding" and the structures are broken, but when i scroll nearer, everything seems ok. So i exported those neighborhood, with a new name and a picture. I left the old description, maybe that was a fault. I exported with no trouble, i installed the world and it worked. Only, those broken lots were still there. i can load the family and again everything looks ok. On most of the lots i cant read the normal lotname and the family name, there is only a path like EP02/World/EP2_broad... .
So i read again in this thread and noticed that i haven't deleted the WPID. Ok, i took the CAW backup *.world file of my edited neighborhood made a copy and deleted the WPID with the S3PE tool and saved it. But after i've done that i can't open the .world file with the CaW tool. I have cleared the caches, i put the Sims3 folder on the desktop and tried again, its still the same the CaW Tool cant open the file. I got the error message that it cant open the file.
So maybe its interesting to know i play in german language, i have installed a few mods from nraas.
I hope you can help me with the broken lots.

Thank you for your help
Instructor
#150 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 6:06 PM
Hi!

I'm playing with the german version too and some Twallans mods without problems.
You say, familynames.... ähm, this means, you haven't deleted the sims?
But this is important.
Locked thread
Page 6 of 12