Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 6:27 PM
Hello,
no i havent killed the sims. I read about that and most of the people told that it isn't necessary to do that. The Sims are standing on their lots in front of their houses. I havent edited anything on the existing lots.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#152 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 9:36 AM
When you saved the file after you deleted the WPID, did you save as the same name or as a new name?
Test Subject
#153 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:24 AM
i tried both, same end... cant read the file
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#154 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 3:17 PM
You won't get anywhere if you rename it- the world file has to be the same name as the folder which contains the layers and lots information, so you just need to save.

What is the error you are getting when you try to open the world in CAW?
Test Subject
#155 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 10:28 AM
Ok, i found the Problem with the WPID-thing, somehow i saved the .world file to a wrong folder, so caw couldnt find the layer and the settings. I tried again and now it works. But the problem with the lots is still the same. They look broken from far, when i scroll in it looks ok. At the moment i try to export the world. I can post some screenshots this evening or tomorrow, to show what i mean.

ok it is exported with no problems, but now i have to work rl
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#156 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:55 AM
For the problem with the lots, this is most likely just due to the low detail textures being corrupted- if you go in-game and make a change to the lot (such as spray some terrain paint) the textures should be re-drawn. As long as the lots are okay when you move a sim into them, it should be okay.
Test Subject
#157 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 6:48 AM
Does anyone know if this is possible for Barnacle Bay at all?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#158 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 11:44 AM
It should be- I've opened in in CAW although I've not tried editing and exporting it yet.

The problem with Barnacle and Riverview is that they contain custom content in the Sims3Pack files, and when you install the Sims3Packs some of that content is contained within the world file. Therefore you would need to find a way to remove those objects or else CAW will not export correctly- it cannot deal with custom content in the world files.
Test Subject
#159 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:02 PM
Hello,
I editted and saved Bridgeport in CAW, but now i am trying with France. So, witch resources i need to delete and how i find them easily (without looking one by one) in S3PE?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#160 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:39 PM
Winry, look at this post:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...73&postcount=73

You can find the mentioned resources easily by sorting the type column in S3PE (just click on the header at the top of the column).
Test Subject
#161 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:55 PM
Oh it workerd, Thank you so much! (:
Test Subject
#162 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 8:40 AM
Thank you for your help, simsample everything is ok now, i changed textures on the lots and the problem is solved.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#163 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 10:04 AM
Well done Winry. and Thanit, I'm glad you both got it working!
Test Subject
#164 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 3:02 AM
I'd really like to edit Barnacle Bay, but as mentioned it's not able to be opened in CAW after following the usual steps. How can I remove the CC files in order to make this work? Also, how do I identify these CC files?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#165 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 9:49 PM
chinita, if you look at the Barnacle bay Sims3pack with CUSTARD, you'll be able to see the custom content listed there and may be able to remove it before installing. However, Riverview has some content that is actually contained in the World file (as opposed to being separate CC) so Barnacle may have similar objects, I haven't looked at that world much.

That said, I have since done some more testing with Riverview, and I managed to get it to work by editing the world with the CC left in, as well as the sims. The main problem is that you will have to amend the world name/ description, as well as the lot names, as in the unmodded worlds they are just references which break when you edit the world (even if you keep the same WPID). So if you play around, you might have some luck!

Things to remember are- the world must have a name, thumbnail and description with no punctuation marks or unusual characters in (*/&$ etc); the original world files will most likely have to be fixed with Pescado's decrapify program (fixed, not decrapified!), and if you wish to retain the sims, don't delete any of the inhabited lots.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 1:02 AM
Maybe you can help me with this. I'm getting an error in my world, every time I open it in caw and try to edit something, I get an error "Sims 3 Caw tool has crashed, attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt" and then I can't do anything.
I'd like to replace the world for another new one, just like you're doing with china and the others, so my world could work fine again without errors.
Could you tell me the steps that I need to do? Or something else that might work?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#167 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 1:44 AM
Does this happen with all worlds, or just the one?

First thing to try is to delete your CAW caches:
Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ WorldbuilderCache
Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ LocalWork
Delete both of those folders.

Also, run CAW with no custom content in your Sims 3 game files. Each file that is in your Mods folder or DCCache folder (installed Sims3Packs) is read by CAW, as well as any CAW custom content. If you use a lot of CAS content (clothes, hairstyles) this will use a lot of memory unnecessarily, as CAW cannot utilise CAS content.

If that fails, try making the CAW executable large address aware:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...e_Address_Aware
Instructor
#168 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:18 AM
I'm feeling a little bit stupid and lost. I tried to change the terrain of my own Riverview edit. The problem is, that the terrain under all lots doesn't change. How can I solve this problem?
I placed a few trees on some lots in "edit ingame" and it looked good till I saved and returned back to CAW. The old terrain paint is showing up again.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#169 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 12:33 PM
You need to replace the lots to get them to regenerate with the correct low detail texture. You might be able to refresh it if you move the lot in CAW and then move it back, or perhaps if you delete it and then hit undo (although this can lose your lot addressing).
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does this happen with all worlds, or just the one?

First thing to try is to delete your CAW caches:
Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ WorldbuilderCache
Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ LocalWork
Delete both of those folders.

Also, run CAW with no custom content in your Sims 3 game files. Each file that is in your Mods folder or DCCache folder (installed Sims3Packs) is read by CAW, as well as any CAW custom content. If you use a lot of CAS content (clothes, hairstyles) this will use a lot of memory unnecessarily, as CAW cannot utilise CAS content.

If that fails, try making the CAW executable large address aware:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...e_Address_Aware

I did exactly what you said and surprisingly it worked. I mean, open CAW without custom content was a very good idea. The error is not appearing with that frequency, but it still appears a few times. It's quite better now but if you have any other way that I can use to make it even better, I would be very pleased. Thank you.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#171 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 3:36 PM
Well, CAW doesn't seem to be very good at utilising memory, so if you've tried everything I mentioned then there isn't much else you can do. If your computer is low spec then you're going to struggle, but even higher spec computers have issues with CAW and the Edit-in-game mode.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 3:39 PM
Alright. Thank you very much.
Instructor
#173 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 10:56 PM
Thank you very much, simsample!!!
Test Subject
#174 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 2:00 PM
Thanks you so much!

I rewrite that in Japanese.

http://honeytime2.forumotion.net/t389-topic
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#175 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 10:09 PM
Thanks for the link, O-well- you did images too! Very good.
Locked thread
Page 7 of 12