Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Typical
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:53 PM
Default Meteor Shower!?
Ok... am I seeing things, or in CAW can you add meteor showers. Will adding the meteor shower effect cause actual meteor showers in the game, or is something EA decided to tease us with... eg. Meteors visible by looking up at the sky. While that's still cool, I'd like it so that actual meteors fall from the sky, is it like that? Where meteors fall from the sky?
Yeah... I apologise if this is worded really badly. I'm not really that good when it come to wording things.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:01 AM
I was wondering the same thing!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
It will probably just give an area covered in space rocks.

Once when I moved a family into a house it said there had been a meteor shower. The house was just dirty and full of space rocks.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:34 AM
Yup, what Simbalena said, I think... there are some effects that give a family a special opportunity when they move into a new place.

Your sims CAN observe meteors falling, though, even if YOU can't... using Search Galaxy you might see a meteor fall, and be able to go pick it up.
Typical
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:59 AM
Thank you all for answering!
I suppose it couldn't harm to put it down.
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 11:06 AM
Is this somewhat random in-game? because in my attempted revival of Strangetown, the first 3 test families never had this "special opportunity" when moved in... but when i played one of the test families, made them do an adventure all together, this "special opportunity" came up... though it is all right for me, i want to have the feeling that they were already in Strangetown because of such "special opportunity"...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:00 PM
Go to France, stand on the town side of the river and look up at the sky at night and you will see shooting stars. That's what the meteor shower in CAW does. It doesn't cause meteors to hit the ground and kill your sim - that's just an opportunity and has nothing to do with the CAW metwor shower. And the meteors your sims pick up off the ground are created by spawners.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 8:44 AM
Nekocats right, what it is an effect and thats all it is, although you can still get a meteor strike without an effect although it looks better with an effect.

Experience a truly beautiful and unigue neighbourhoood http://gatescove.weebly.com
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 5:53 PM
The meteor falling from the sky and meteor shower have nothing to do with each other. (: What nekocat said about the meteor shower is correct. The raining meteors, as in the new way to die introduced in Ambitions happen very very rarely, and the meteors just kill whoever was standing under it, and scorch everything in the immediate area.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith