Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 5:35 AM
Default Female Sim Ages Faster Than Male?
I looked through the help forum to seee if maybe this has already been mentioned or discusse,d but I didn't come across anything.

When I first moved a male sim in with female sim I made, I noticed that he was a day older than my female. Now, after almost a (sim) week of playing, I noticed that he has only aged a few days and my female sim is way ahead.

I've also noticed that in another family I had; a significant age difference. Like, her birthday was 4 days, and his was in 19. Another instance, right when I created two sims, the female was to age in 17 days and male in 20 (I think). It was like the female has aged two or three days while waiting for the creation of her roommate.

I know all about the turning off the aging and creating my own setting; I keep it on normal. I tend to turn it off when I have toddlers, so that I can have adequate time to get them potty trained, etc., but I turn it back on after that.

I have World Adventures, Ambitions, and just downloaded Late Night (but I noticed this before I played Late Night).

No mods.

Can anyone help? It's no going to kill me -- it's just a little annoying.

Thanks!

Rachel
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 6:09 AM
EA story progression staggers sim ages when you move them into a household. It's not that certain sims are aging faster, it just means that story progression decided to make some older. It gets really annoying when you're trying to cas twins! Most story progression mods stop that from happening, along with fixing other EA problems too.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 9:44 AM
You can download the No CAS Stagger mod from this site, that would probably prevent further problems like this from happening.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 2:50 PM
That's interesting, thanks. I thought it might have been something purposeful in the game. I get the staggering in the CAS - but once we're in game play, and once they're living together, shouldn't they age at the same rate and no more staggering? Is that still normal and part of the story, or is my game flubbed up?

Cause the CAS thing makes sense...the weird aging while playing doesnt, IMO.

Thanks again!

(ALSO, Off-topic, but instead of making a new thread...

I was trying to download the Prius from the the Sim store. It's giving me a 404 - this page does not exist. But I can get the Twizzy. Did they remove it, or is the site just glitchy - anyone know?)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 3:54 AM
They should, and I've never seen them to do otherwise, but perhaps someone is sneaking life fruit or Ambrosia behind your back. The Blessed Sarcophagus is another anti-aging agent, and there may be others I haven't encountered.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theorist
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 4:44 AM
The prius download is working fine for me

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 5:03 AM
I've wondered about the ages resetting too. In my Barnacle Bay game, a sim I made married a town sim - he was at the beginning of Young Adult and she was close to aging up to Adult. Then suddenly she was younger than him. So that was okay but strange.
And in my Riverview game, both sims were close to aging up to Adult but then the female sim's age reset to the beginning of YA. I can always use the birthday cake to correct her age if I want.
I use Twallan's Story Prog.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 5:11 AM
Oh, the OTHER cause of age resets, IIRC, was that going into CAS would reset them. I believe AwesomeMod fixed this ages back. EAxis may or may not ever have fixed that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
The prius download is working fine for me

I discovered it was something weird with my IE. The link worked on my grandfather's laptop, but not mine? Weird. So I downloaded a different browser and got it that way.

Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Oh, the OTHER cause of age resets, IIRC, was that going into CAS would reset them. I believe AwesomeMod fixed this ages back. EAxis may or may not ever have fixed that.

This is interesting...I'll have to pay more attention when I plan outfits, next time. This could cause problems for the rest of the town because my Sim is a stylist, and I'm constantly changing people's clothing, lol. Ooh, dear.

At any rate, thanks for the input everyone!
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 5:58 AM
Default sometimes sims lose time when in a dresser mode
Not all the time, but sometimes, when I take my sims to the dresser especially young kids, they become younger. This doesn't happen all the time.
#11 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 8:22 PM
if it makes them younger, dont worry about it. if something makes them older, report it to electronic arts.