Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:04 AM Last edited by the sims 3 gal : 28th Apr 2015 at 2:42 AM.
The Sims 3 Dog Breeder Challenge *NEED PETS EP*
Hello everyone, this is only my second challenge and all these rules are coming of the top of my head so sorry if none of these make any sense! Anyway here is the Dog Breeder Challenge. Sorry if there is anything else like it out there! If so I haven't seen one.

Backstory
You were a only child growing up and never had anyone to grow up with. Your parents always gave you a dog to have as a companion and you eventually fell in love with dogs! You decided when you are older that you want to breed your favorite dog breed which is a _________________ (you choose) as your career path. When you move out of your parents house, into your own you buy two of your favorite breeds of dogs and start breeding them to make some money.

CAS
Create one male/female sim. Give them the trait Dog Person, and the rest are up to you.
Create 2 dogs of the opposite gender and the same breed. Give them whatever traits you want.

House
Anything really, but you must make two decent sized kennels in the back of your house. Make sure each kennel has 1 dog house, 1 toy box, 1 bowl for food, and anything else you want. Put the kennels right next to each other, connected and place a door in the middle so they go into each others kennels and breed. Your dogs are completely outside and you can only interact with them when their/your social needs are low.

Game Play
Once you move into your house put your dogs in the backyard in their kennels. You must lock the kennel doors so they cannot escape into the backyard. the middle door stays unlocked. The minute you start playing get your relationships with your dogs up to Best Friends. Once you do that you will make your dogs relationships go up to friends. Once that happens have them try for puppies until you hear the chime telling you that your dog is pregnant. Once the puppies are born you will keep them for 3 days and name them whatever you like. This is where your profit comes in.
Small dogs: If you have two small dogs who reproduce, each puppy is worth 500 simolians so every puppy you get rid of (i.e. place for adoption, give away to a family) you will add 500 to your family funds. (testingcheatsenabled true; familyfunds ________ (Your last name) (your funds + 500) ) Also, if you keep puppies until they are adults and then sell them they are worth 250 simolians.
Big Dogs: If you have 2 big dogs who reproduce, each puppy is worth 1,000 simolians. So every puppy you get rid of you do a kaching. If you keep puppies until they are adults they are only worth 500 simolians.
If you feel like you can take on the extra responsibility you can add more purebred dogs to your breeding place or even make designer breeds. (all must come from either the adoption center or people who are giving their pets up.
Small Two Breed Dogs: If you have two different breed small breed dogs who reproduce, each puppy is worth 350 simolians. So you must add that to your funds. If you keep a puppy until they are adults they are only worth 125 simolians.
Big Two Breed Dogs: If you have two different breed dogs who reproduce, each puppy is worth 600 simolians. So you must add that to your funds. If you keep them until adults they are only worth 300 simolians.
YOU MUST ALSO INTERACT WITH YOUR DOGS EVERY DAY!! EVEN FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT, EVERYDAY YOU MUST DO SOMETHING WITH ALL YOUR DOGS.
You may continue this legacy with your own child who continues the breeding because they don't want to let you down!
Scoring System (Optional)
Every small breed purebred puppy born +50
Every big breed purebred puppy born +100
Every small breed designer puppy born +25
Every large breed designer puppy born +50
Every puppy (both large and small) sold +200
Every purebred dog on the lot that is adopted from a shelter +25
Every dog who dies without reaching 10,000 life time happiness -80
Every dog who dies of unnatural causes (i.e. starvation) -150
Every time a social worker takes dogs away -500
Every generation that continues the legacy (first doesn't count) +100

I hope you enjoy this challenge and this can also work with cats, or even horses if you wish! If any questions are raised please ask me! Thank you so much for looking at this challenge and give me any feedback you may have. Also I will share photos of how mine is when I get my new computer.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:36 PM
This seems very fun! I'm going to do this challenge right now and merge it with a challenge I'm trying to work on.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 8:48 AM
This challenge seems really fun!! I actually saw a mod (It was called consigner or something) And it lets you sell dogs and cats at the Consignment Shop!! But when I downloaded it, no NPC was spawning inside and working for the shop, so I couldn't sell my dogs I definitely will give this a shot though!!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 3:55 PM
This seems super fun!
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caitlinslash02
This challenge seems really fun!! I actually saw a mod (It was called consigner or something) And it lets you sell dogs and cats at the Consignment Shop!! But when I downloaded it, no NPC was spawning inside and working for the shop, so I couldn't sell my dogs I definitely will give this a shot though!!!!

It is the Consigner. Another mod I use from NRAAS is the Register. With that you can assign workers. That way you can assign someone to work the consignment shop and then go and sell your pets there. You can even adjust the prices. These could be helpful in this challenge.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 7:38 PM
Brilliant!
I've been trying to play as a breeder in Sims, but I tend to lose motivation with families, but with an actual challenge, hopefully it'll keep me going longer!
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 9:42 PM
Made my family!
Suzy grew up with Boxer dogs and they have always been her favourite breed.

I want to do the challenge without cheats, therefore Suzy has blown most of her budget on the kennels for her dogs (like a good animal lover!) And has only been able to build herself the house so far, with no furniture. In order to make some quick pennies to be able to provide herself with basic living amenities, Suzy will be heading to the local river to catch some fish to sell.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KiriMaccyG
Made my family!
Suzy grew up with Boxer dogs and they have always been her favourite breed.

I want to do the challenge without cheats, therefore Suzy has blown most of her budget on the kennels for her dogs (like a good animal lover!) And has only been able to build herself the house so far, with no furniture. In order to make some quick pennies to be able to provide herself with basic living amenities, Suzy will be heading to the local river to catch some fish to sell.

Amazing!! I can't wait to start playing my challenge! I can't right now because I don't have an actual computer to play it on!
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by the sims 3 gal
Amazing!! I can't wait to start playing my challenge! I can't right now because I don't have an actual computer to play it on!

Ahh that sucks! I haven't been able to play for months thanks to uni work, but finally got a little bit of a break so totally cram playing haha!
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 5:33 PM Last edited by ShadowBringer : 28th Jul 2016 at 3:06 PM.
Im definitely going to do this. It sounds really fun. I've always wanted to be a dog breeder in real life, but it is much easier to do in the Sims 3!

Update 1: I started my challenge with two huskys, one called Koda, and the other Lilac. Lilac is currently expecting puppies. I can't wait for her to have them!

Update 2: Lilac has had her puppies. She gave birth to two female pups and one male. I decided to go with a Brother Bear theme for this litter so I called the male pup Kenai and the females Tanana and Kata.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 3:38 PM
I am going to do two versions of this challenge the horse and dog one (one at a time)

for dogs im probably going to do dalimations or border collies,
for horses im probably going to do american quarter horses.

great idea by the way

and for getting the dog/horse adopted mabye you can make a family and merge them with a family empty regular houses households in the town and replace all the households with your cat lover or dog lover or horse lover sims (depending on what challenge you do) and after a few days go to edit town and give one animail to the other familys (dont know if it will work)
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 10:02 PM
I have it all set up (the dog one at least) I am breeding dalimations

their names are pongo and perdita