Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 8:35 AM
Default Locating an NPC sim
This is silly, really really silly but...

A beautiful NPC sim spawned in my Bridgeport and I want her for my playable sim's love-mate. Unfortunately, he's never met her, only seen her in passing. Lately he's been trolling every bar and club, hoping to corner her for conversation, but to no avail. Is there an easy way to track down NPC characters? I think she's a Late Night spawned NPC, as she wears a top-hat (well, I'm not sure about this. Did top hats exist for women pre-LN?) but I just have no idea where to find her.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to find NPC characters? Other than stalking them at bars or ringing every bell of every vacant apartment?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chessa
I think she's a Late Night spawned NPC, as she wears a top-hat (well, I'm not sure about this. Did top hats exist for women pre-LN?)

If she was wearing a suit and a top hat she was a magician. They have been around since the base game but are very elusive and usually run away as soon as you meet them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 9:04 AM
Oh no, that's really unfortunate. I think she was wearing a top hat, the little vest shirt and that long pencil skill with the ruffles. Maybe I will hunt through all the families in town to see if anyone knows her. T_T
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 9:32 AM
The only way to track her down that I can think of is really to spend a Sim day going from one apartment building to the next and checking the buzzer thingy in the lobby. This should tell you who is located in that building. If you find her call her and she'll come downstairs to talk to you.
Finding her in the street is a bit trickier as service NPCs have that tendency to run away as soon as you try to talk to them. If you call them at their apartment they won't leave you, however, until you say goodbye. Time enough to get their relationship with your Sim high enough to later invite them to your place or somewhere else. That's how I got hold of the firefighter that is now living with my Sim and I guess the bartender across the hallway will be next .
Of course you can also use MasterController to force invite any Sim to your place, but where's the fun in that without a proper hunt.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 9:59 AM
Thanks babele44! I actually found her by going to every apartment building. She wasn't really wearing a top-hat. Rather, it was one of those low porkpie type hats. She isn't a magician but, rather, a butler!

Now my sim can continue his lovey-dovey aspirations. Thanks for the help, everyone!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 3:12 AM
well don't stop there. I'm curious now, i wanna see what she looks like! please post a picture of her and your sim?

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 11:05 PM
This is silly, really really silly but...

A beautiful NPC sim spawned in my Bridgeport and I want her for my playable sim's love-mate. Unfortunately, he's never met her, only seen her in passing. Lately he's been trolling every bar and club, hoping to corner her for conversation, but to no avail. Is there an easy way to track down NPC characters? I think she's a Late Night spawned NPC, as she wears a top-hat (well, I'm not sure about this. Did top hats exist for women pre-LN?) but I just have no idea where to find her.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to find NPC characters? Other than stalking them at bars or ringing every bell of every vacant apartment?

Thanks babele44! I actually found her by going to every apartment building. She wasn't really wearing a top-hat. Rather, it was one of those low porkpie type hats. She isn't a magician but, rather, a butler!

Now my sim can continue his lovey-dovey aspirations. Thanks for the help, everyone!

Aww, this would make a pretty cute romantic comedy that I would pay $1 at the Redbox to see. :lovestruc

I definitely want to see a pic of this Sim that got you/your Sim so smitten.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 4:38 AM
yea i still do too T.T

Field Researcher
#9 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 12:47 AM
A simpler way, for future reference, may be to use Twallan's Master Controller and set the relationship with the other sim to acquaintance to add them to the relationship panel. Takes mere seconds, compared to days of your sim's life trying to track someone down to meet them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 1:19 AM
I will keep all of these tips in mind for next time. Thank you!

I'm sort of regretting that I didn't take screenshots of this whole process. It would have made a really cute short story.

The requested screenshot:

That's pretty much how she looked originally except that I changed the hair, eyebrows, and added a bit of makeup. Still, quite pretty for a game-spawn, right?

They are now engaged and living together (with his actress twin sister).
Forum Resident
#11 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 3:44 AM
She's beautiful. Looks kinda like Anne Hathaway.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 9:29 PM
yes she does, how weird! thanks for the pic.

Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 8:56 PM
That's pretty much how she looked originally except that I changed the hair, eyebrows, and added a bit of makeup. Still, quite pretty for a game-spawn, right?

They are now engaged and living together (with his actress twin sister).

I actually think your guy is a lot cuter. Do you mind throwing a .sim my way Chessa
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:45 PM
Is there a way of removing any or all npc's from a neighbourhood? just want a world of self created sims