Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:21 PM
Animator wanted for new chair.
Howdy folks,
I'm not sure if this is the way to go about it but I can really use a partner in crime . Well, not really crime. See, I made an awesome tattoo Parlor in Sims 2 and a killer chair to go in it. Now, I was hoping that someone might animate the chair. I've tried and only get this annoying jerking action instead of the smooth recline I'm looking for. It currently uses the makeover animations being that the OFB chair is what I cloned to make it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TattooChair.rar (212.5 KB, 85 downloads) - View custom content
Description: This is the package file and a milkshape file. I cant recall if I left the animations I attempted in the Milkshape file or not but, if your giving it a go you probably don't need them.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 7:13 PM
I found a few problems with the file:

When you have multiple Object Data items you must get a new GUID for each one, your's only had the first object with a new OBJD.

You don't create your joints in Milkshape, your joints must be the same in your cres as they are in your GMDC. You must also, have the same number of joints in your gmdc as you have in your cres.

Your files gmdc actually has no joints nor any vertices assigned to any joints. Your animations wouldn't work for this chair.

To create animations for the object (chair) you must import both the gmdc and cres from your package file, into MilkShape.

The reason your sims is sitting higher then your chair is that without the joints in your chair, the chair isn't raising up like the hair salon chair does.

I have fixed all of the above and I tried to add two new joints one for the back of the chair and one for the foot area, but I have never had any luck in animating a multi tile object. So this is as far as I can go with it.

I have attached one that will work like the makeup chair.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TattooChair.zip (153.0 KB, 62 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 2:48 AM
Your Awesome! and informative. Thanks so much for the help, I'll have to take another crack at it. :0)
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:54 PM
Just in case you'd like the file that I added the two extra joints...I am attaching it. The animation option does not work that I added, because of the multi-tile problem.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TattooChair.zip (153.0 KB, 61 downloads) - View custom content