Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How/Where to install hair colour package files
Hi

I've been trying to install hair colour presets, but they aren't showing up in game. I've placed them in my package folder (my launcher is having issues, so I try to avoid sims3packs). Do I have to place them in another map (since they're actually presets and not cc)? Is it possible to install these as package files at all? I'ld appreciate any info/suggestions.

P.S. sorry if this is accidentally posted twice. My browser was freaking out.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 30th Jan 2018 at 8:55 PM.
do you have any other mods and are they appearing? I currently have my hair color presets as package files inside their own folder within my package folder
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM Last edited by DatGuyAron : 29th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM. Reason: Minor grammar fixes
Quote: Originally posted by Lessien Vardamir
Hi

I've been trying to install hair colour presets, but they aren't showing up in game. I've placed them in my package folder (my launcher is having issues, so I try to avoid sims3packs). Do I have to place them in another map (since they're actually presets and not cc)? Is it possible to install these as package files at all? I'ld appreciate any info/suggestions.

P.S. sorry if this is accidentally posted twice. My browser was freaking out.

Ah, hair COLORS? I have a simple solution. Contact the creator and ask for the 4-layer hex code for the color of the hair. If you can get it, simply paste the code on each layer (Base, Roots, Highlights or Tips) and when you're done editing and press the checkmark, use the button that resembles a folder with an arrow. The preset should be saved now! Enjoy your new hair color!
(I'm sorry if I sounded kinda rude there.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
do you have any other mods and are they appearing? I currently have my hair color presets as package files inside their own folder within my package folder?

My mods are working in my game. Hmm, I'll see if reinstalling makes them show up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 8:45 AM
You can install hair color presets as package files? Are you sure? Because as DatGuyAron already hinted at, hair presets are saved in userpresets.package in the user files root folder together with all recolours of clothing and furniture you might have saved, too.
Site Helper
#6 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 3:56 PM
I would use Dashboard to check those hair color presets. If they are not Sims 3 files that would explain a lot about why they aren't working.

(And it's not as hard as you might think to get Sims 2 or Sims 4 files that look really awesome and end up tricking you into trying to put them into your Sims 3 game. If it's a Sims 2 file, it will tell you. If it's a Sims 4 file, it will throw an error, but it will tell you which files caused the error. And if it's a corrupt file, etc. but one that would be for Sims 3 if it was working properly it will tell you that as well.)
The Dashboard is here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 if you want to try it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You can install hair color presets as package files? Are you sure? Because as DatGuyAron already hinted at, hair presets are saved in userpresets.package in the user files root folder together with all recolours of clothing and furniture you might have saved, too.

I have mine installed as packages and they're showing up just fine. That's an interesting point though. I wonder why/how..