Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 2:35 AM
Default Making a modular stair recolourable
Hi simmers! I need some help... I was trying to make a modular stair recolourable, and I can not do it. The reason: there is no "tsDesignModeEnabled" option in the block list (in Simpe, I'm talking about sims 2, sorry...), and there isn't the "matterial override" option in the menu... Can you help me, please??? Thanks in advanced!
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 3:17 AM
You can add tsDesignModeEnabled and the MMAT (material override). The first is fairly easy to add- since the GMND is there it's a matter of adding the line. The second is a bit trickier since it's not there and you would have to add the resource and make sure everything is linked right. How experienced are you with SimPE and editing meshes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You can add tsDesignModeEnabled and the MMAT (material override). The first is fairly easy to add- since the GMND is there it's a matter of adding the line. The second is a bit trickier since it's not there and you would have to add the resource and make sure everything is linked right. How experienced are you with SimPE and editing meshes?

Firstly, thank you so much mustluvcatz for your post, really thank you!. I have to say that I'm not a mesher, I only make recolours and clone some stairs, I am Kalimero from here (MTS), you can see my few creations and will see what I mean; but is there any tutorial explaining what you say? I am from Barcelona (Spain) so my english is limited and I have to make it step by step and slower.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 5:14 AM
Sorry, I kind of missed your reply. For adding tsDesignModeEnabled, there isn't a tutorial for just that- but if you look at IgnorantBliss's Repository Tutorial - Step 8, she tells you how to add tsMaterialsMeshName to the GMND if it's not there. Adding tsDesignModeEnabled would be almost the same process: instead of tsMaterialsMeshName, you'd use tsDesignModeEnabled and add an ARRAY instead of a string. The name of your subset would still go in the same spot.

Adding the MMAT is a bit more difficult and I'm not aware of any tutorial that tells you how to add it. There is usually at least 1 already and if you need a second, you'd clone that one and edit it. You can add a MMAT by extracting one from another package and adding it to yours- but like I said, it's a bit tricky to do. Since you don't mesh I'd have a harder time explaining how to do it.