Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 6:28 PM
Default New Achievements Added!
As some of you may have already noticed (if you're particularly observant), over the past two or three days we've added a small batch of new achievements - eight and a half (it'll make sense, promise), to be exact.

Most of these are modding-related, one is the first of a series of community-related achievements. The half is an upload-related achievement which has been updated for TS3. Of course, I'm not going to tell you too much more... that'd make it too easy.

The names of the new achievements are as follows:
  • Career Advisor
  • Chef
  • City Planner (updated)
  • Director
  • Graduate
  • Instructor
  • Landscaper
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Plastic Surgeon

If you're thinking of piping up and pointing out that a couple of those are terribly obvious anyway, then I suggest you rather invest your time in acquiring the sooper sekrit hidden Smarmy Smartass achievement.

It's fantastic to be adding new achievements again after a certain delay (We had, um, technical issues. The kind that involve sledgehammers) - so expect more to be added gradually, including the promised extensions of the old SC stars system. We're also considering some other rather neat new features relating to achievements - but ssshhh, don't tell Murphy!

If you're a new(ish) member and you don't know what achievements are, you can read the original announcement here. Now, buzz off and get to improving your sticker collection! Enjoy.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:16 PM
Achievements? Didn't even know we had any of those...
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 9:19 PM
Achievements/ Accomplishments the new add on sound interesting, "Way To Go" keep them rolling. Seem like so many people are having Plastic Surgeries now days on their faces, maybe I can get a better deal and save some money here on MTS since we have "Plastic Surgeons " right here.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 10:45 PM
I dunno... if you've seen the icon for Plastic Surgeon, you might not be so eager.

And guess what; we love you all so much, we've added four five more since posting this .

I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:08 AM
That's so cool! Thank you for the great job! ^^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Wiki Wizard
#6 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 12:58 AM
Ahaha i love these I'm going to have to upload to every possible category now :P

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I dunno... if you've seen the icon for Plastic Surgeon, you might not be so eager.

And guess what; we love you all so much, we've added four five more since posting this .

@ Whiterider lmao I have just look at the Plastic Surgeon icon hahahaa I'll seen people who look just like that icon in the real world that had work done on their faces. You made my day hahahahaa I think I will shop around for a better Surgeon. lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#8 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 5:58 PM
How does the llama wrangler achievement work? Doesn't the forum calculate in real time what achievements are met? Or is "great idea" something the mods decide?

And I'm kind of confused about the cookie thing. Doesn't everyone say something funny or helpful sometimes? Even if it's only by accident?

Is there going to be an achievement for game mods? Tinkerer? Plumber?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:06 PM
Certain achievements are manually set - like the cookie one. Considering the amusing stuff you tend to say, Buzzler, I expect it won't be long till you have one.

We'll eventually have achievements for each area, so you can collect 'em all.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:35 PM
Great Idea is code for [holy crap! The text filter's broke!]. Since I'm pretty sure we still have the text filter active that probably says "Great Idea is code for Great Ideas", but it's a particular day early in the year when we have huge amounts of fun at everyone else's expense. Llamas were very relevant to this one year. There will eventually be achievements related to other years' Great Ideas too.

Most achievements are automatic, and are updated nightly - so if you do something which earns an achievement, you should get the achievement within 24 hours (assuming it's one of the achievements that's available so far). Some, however, as HP said, are manual.

#11 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Considering the amusing stuff you tend to say, Buzzler, I expect it won't be long till you have one.
Actually, I already have one, and was wondering why I have one and e.g. you don't. Not that I'm complaining, nonono. I like cookies; the crunching noise my keyboard makes, proves it.

Quote:
We'll eventually have achievements for each area, so you can collect 'em all.
Nah, I can't. Director? The clothing, hair or makeup things? I think, I better stick to stuff I'm reasonably adept in and enjoy doing.

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Great Idea is code for [holy crap! The text filter's broke!]. Since I'm pretty sure we still have the text filter active that probably says "Great Idea is code for Great Ideas", but it's a particular day early in the year when we have huge amounts of fun at everyone else's expense. Llamas were very relevant to this one year. There will eventually be achievements related to other years' Great Ideas too.
Yeah, great, you just broke my Incomprehensible-Decyphering-Goggles. Totally burned out. Thanks for that. I liked these; they were shiny and I built them with lots of red and blue wires... How am I supposed to comprehend my feedback posts now?

Typical
#12 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM
This is exactly why IE -RUINS- my life! Apparently I have an achievement called instructor... but I don't even know what it looks like! It won't display the image for some speshul, only IE, reason!
PAH!
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:18 PM
lmao at Downloads xWTF

And same lewjen. Doesn't work on Chrome for me, but it does work for Safari.
EDIT: Now it's working.

BTW, I love these accomplishments! They really make you feel appreciated and like you are worth something.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:36 PM
I love the new accomplishments, I always though it was a shame that the kind of stuff I create didn't have achievements (sad I know!) and now it does! Yay! :-D Thanks to everyone who worked on them!

PS: Is there a "helped make accomplishments for the site" accomplishment? If not, there should be - you guys are doing an awesome job! :-D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:09 PM
The issue with some achievements' images not working should be fixed now. We (by which I mean "I") put 'em on the wrong server.

Yeah, F-P... we ran out of colours after 5mil, so decided to let you be Fabulous instead There are actually only two people with that achievement so far, so congrats!

Yeah, lauratje - we're planning to get achievements up for all sorts of things; the idea is that everyone who contributes to the site (in any way - not just by uploading) will have at least one achievement to show how awesome they are. But that's a lot of little people to draw, so it might take a while... You guys should take advantage and collect 'em while they're relatively few.

Not actually evil.
#16 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:52 AM
Worth the wait, nicely done. Thank you, HP, and all involved in the creation and implementation of these.

ZOMG, I got one of the new achievements! I'm an instructor! It's quite ridiculous how much joy these little pictures bring.
* happy dance happy dance *

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
#17 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
ZOMG, I got one of the new achievements! I'm an instructor!
Ooh, I want the baldy, too. Seems like I'll have to write a tutorial.

Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 11:54 AM
I like how I automatically got Career Advisor.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
This is exactly why IE -RUINS- my life! Apparently I have an achievement called instructor... but I don't even know what it looks like! It won't display the image for some speshul, only IE, reason!
PAH!

use chrome

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 2:42 AM
Hey, I wrote a tutorial (http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...stom_Animations) and didn't get the bald dude!

p.s. sorry for the double post.

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:45 PM
Did you also add a thread linking to it to the appropriate tutorial forum? The achievements can only take into account what's been done on MTS, since MTS and the wiki aren't linked on the technical level.

Not actually evil.
#22 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 7:04 AM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 18th Nov 2010 at 2:12 AM.
The journalist has freckles, squee! HP's achievement peeps are so friggin adorable. My husband has freckles and did some journalism, so that one is my favorite so far, artsywise.

---------------------------------------

Buggy has the organized achievement, for study/office stuffs. I'm guessing achievements for kitchen and living room and other areas are in the works? If so, how nice! I like achievements with that much specificity.

Not actually evil.
#23 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 1:34 AM
Is the archeologist achievement only given for lost objects and clothes and things with meshes? I restored the lost sioux lipstick and used this unused shirt texture, so if that qualifies for archeologist, may I have it please? If not, no problem.

bettye dug up the Maxis girls shorts, but doesn't have archeologist either.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:01 AM
The automatic ones can be a bit inexact, since they work by categories and tags and so on. In this case, you didn't get the achievement because there's no EA unlock category in CAS. We can add missing achievements when we see them, though.

Not actually evil.
#25 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 2:11 AM
Thank you, whiterider!
* happily dons fedora *

Page 1 of 2