Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:07 AM
Default From .obj to sims 3 HELP !!!
I have a lot of models from tron in .obj files and i want to get them into sims 3 but i dont know how. Can anyone help me pls ??
Advertisement
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:55 PM
I see that you will need a tutorial, here are Basic Object creation tutorials.

In simple worlds, you will need to clone an object with TSRW.
Export meshes to Milkshape or blender (note that you will need WSO plugin for that).
Import you new object into the same project, select it and go to the "Joints" section.
Assign joints the same way as they assigned on your cloned TSRW object, then delete it.
After that, export your new assigned object as WSO and import it into Workshop.

There are many other things you should know before you can make animated objects. Start from something simpler first, learn the basics and only then you will be able to make something more complicated.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:11 PM
but there i one problem i cant import wso files to TSRW. When i hit import nothing happens.
i tried it several times but nothing.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sponspop
but there i one problem i cant import wso files to TSRW. When i hit import nothing happens.
i tried it several times but nothing.

Workshop is a buggy program, so it could be just a bug. Do you have the latest version?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:54 PM
yes i have the latest version 2.0.28
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:00 PM
You need to follow the tutorials I think. If you import an OBJ file into a TSRW project then it will need to have the same number of groups as the original.

Try this:

1) Create project
2) Export mesh from workshop and import mesh to milkshape
3) Import .obj file from TRON thing into Milkshape.
4) Organise .obj file to have same number of groups as workshop object.
5) Delete workshop stuff, don't forget to assign joints etc (see tutorial)
6) Import to workshop project.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
You need to follow the tutorials I think. If you import an OBJ file into a TSRW project then it will need to have the same number of groups as the original.

Try this:

1) Create project
2) Export mesh from workshop and import mesh to milkshape
3) Import .obj file from TRON thing into Milkshape.
4) Organise .obj file to have same number of groups as workshop object.
5) Delete workshop stuff, don't forget to assign joints etc (see tutorial)
6) Import to workshop project.

i tried your quick tutorial but it cant be done. That tron model have 35 groups and sims models have from 3-5 groups. When i tried to delete some groups from tron model, then a lot of model parts (almost half of model) disappear, and when i reduce group to 3 entire model disappear.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:16 PM
You don't delete the groups in the tron model - you organise them - so if you are in milkshape you can select groups that are similar in terms of used materials and hit regroup.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:26 PM
You don't delete the groups in the tron model - you organise them - so if you are in milkshape you can select groups that are similar in terms of used materials and hit regroup.

and if all groups have no material ??
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:33 PM
Um, do you understand how this works? .The groups from the TSRW object have channels/materials assigned to them - like wood and fabric and glass etc. In your TRON model you should be able to decide what kind of material is best suited and group them accordingly so that when you swap the new groups from the TRON obj with the TSRW exported models groups it makes sense.

For example, say it is a car.

The windscreen, sidewindows and back windows are all glass. You can make them one group.
The doors, body work and roof are all metal - you can make them one group too.
The wheels are 4 separate wheels but you can group them into one group called wheels.

See what I mean?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:59 PM
Um, do you understand how this works? .The groups from the TSRW object have channels/materials assigned to them - like wood and fabric and glass etc. In your TRON model you should be able to decide what kind of material is best suited and group them accordingly so that when you swap the new groups from the TRON obj with the TSRW exported models groups it makes sense.

For example, say it is a car.

The windscreen, sidewindows and back windows are all glass. You can make them one group.
The doors, body work and roof are all metal - you can make them one group too.
The wheels are 4 separate wheels but you can group them into one group called wheels.

See what I mean?

so i tried do it i regroup them to 3 group and hit ok then it says something about that imported model is too big and when i hit proceed then program import it but that object was too big. I dont know how to work with this program thats why i asking for help because it will take too much time to learn about this program, i need people who know how to work in this program and they are fan of tron if they could help and make it.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:42 PM
Do you have created those models yourself? If no, then you must ask for creators permission if you willing to upload it somewhere.
Also, polygon count maybe the reason why you can't import in into TSRW. It should be no more than 15-20k for a vehicle.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:40 PM
im not creator of this models, but I already have permission from creator, he upload it on free server and write that that models are free and can be used in anything. i dont know accurate count of polygons. But as i write in previous post i dont know how to work in this program :/ Im just want some tron models for sims 3 because i love tron and sims 3 too
I only use blender and im not very skilled :/ im just averaged user of blender.
If there are some skilled modelers i will send them that .obj models and they could make models for sims 3 from that.
Alchemist
#14 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sponspop
im not creator of this models, but I already have permission from creator, he upload it on free server and write that that models are free and can be used in anything. i dont know accurate count of polygons. But as i write in previous post i dont know how to work in this program :/ Im just want some tron models for sims 3 because i love tron and sims 3 too
I only use blender and im not very skilled :/ im just averaged user of blender.
If there are some skilled modelers i will send them that .obj models and they could make models for sims 3 from that.
You might get more help with TSRW in the TSR forums. If you use Blender and want to try something different than TSRW you could try s3pe. If you're interested this is the setup tutorial:

http://simswiki.info/index.php?titl...Object_Creation

and the creation tutorials are here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=455980&page=1
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:43 PM
they cant help me on TSR forum because their forum is moving and their forum admin disabled new threads or answering and i cand send them message. And i dont write here to learn how to work in new modeling program ! i just looking for some fans of tron and sims 3 which could do it !
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:51 PM
It's probably best to try doing some simple objects first, rather than jumping into converting existing models. There are basic object tutorials that you can start with that are going to be MUCH simpler and easier than converting something - you won't have a clue how to fix issues until you do the basics. If you're no longer interested in doing this yourself, though, we can go ahead and close the thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Sockpuppet
#17 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 3:07 PM
After reading your posts i suspect your dealing with high polygon meshes here.
Those often can not be regrouped into one in Milkshape.
If your meshgroups are that high any uploads never get accepted, keep that in mind.
In TSRW you can easily add more meshgroups to your file, just right click the group in the meshtab and copy/duplicate(renumber if necesarry)
Duplicate a group that is linked to the recolor files(group 0 is often a shadow, dont use them for duplicating)
If you dont going to use the shadow you can easily relink it to the recolor files by rightclicking the material and relink it to a group that is linked to the texture files(group1 for instance)

Altho you can duplicate those groups i wouldn't go for more then 15groups(the highest i have seen)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 4:56 PM
Probably BloomsBase, HystericalParoxysm and orangemittens cant read ! i said i dont want to learn how to work in milkshape or TSRW i have a lot of work in blender i cant learn 3 modeling programs at once !!! I just looking for people that will be able to do it ! (convert .obj to sims 3 files)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#19 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 4:59 PM
Okay, well, then we can go ahead and close this thread, since we don't have any place to post requests, and this has turned from "How do I do it?" to "Do it for me."
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: No requests, please.