Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Ceramic Art Workstation original and advanced Edition (Edit 07-02-01 New cloning policy)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,529 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 121,774 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 7th Oct 2006 at 9:27 AM
Updated: 23rd Dec 2007 at 2:23 PM - Workstation - easier unpacking of original version
07-12-23 I have finally renewed the upload of the RAR-file of the Ceramic Art Workstation Original to finally stop all the unpacking problems downloaders are experiencing (nothing new inside, so no need to download again if it is already working for you!).
So for downloading and unpacking, please read the revised instruction below!

07-09-26 Works perfectly with BONVOYAGE, no update necessary.
From the first day I posted this object I have been using the exactly same version that has been uploaded here without any problems in my game.
There are detailed instructions how to install properly and I still advise to have ALL addons until including OFB to be sure there are no errors occuring.
Any future posts which advise others not to download because "not working for me and person is not nice to me" will be reported.
From the start on this object has been a free offer of something that in the beginning I only modded for my own use - but anyone who likes it is now welcome to have it. If you don´t like it - let others decide for themselves.

07-03-01 Works with Seasons. See our snowy screenshot!

2007-02-01 I have changed my cloning policy. Please read below!

I never dreamed the Workstation would be featured!
Thanks to all of you for giving me such an overwhelming welcome and thanks for your numerous positive posts!

ATTENTION: 06-10-11 Fixed minor problem with mechanical skill gain in both versions (skill gain stopped midway through modern and urn vase crafting process). I have uploaded both versions again with the corrected package files, so if you mind please download again! Sorry I was late to notice!

The Ceramic Art Workstation:
Ever since installing OFB I have longed for more possibilities to have the Sims creating their own objects and vases have been especially in my mind. Searching for downloads for some time I did not find anything that worked in the way I wanted, so in the end I set out to teach to myself how to mod an object.
The Ceramic Art Workstation was intended only for my private use. But since it seems to have turned out quite nicely I decided to upload it here as a tribute to all the writers of all the tutorials here at MTS2, which have imparted me the necessary knowledge to do this project.

Description:
At the Ceramic Art Workstation your teen, YA, adult and senior Sim can produce his own vases. Your Sim is having fun when using the Station. He will gain mainly mechanical skills (during the whole crafting process) and additionally some creativity skills (during the coloring process), both at a moderate speed.
What kind of vases your Sim can craft is dependent on his mechanical skill level. There are four different designs of vases for the different skill levels, each design comes in four different colorations. Your Sim can choose which design he wants to make, colorations are chosen at random.
To produce a vase takes some time - this is definitely not a cheat object - I tried to make the time needed to make a vase comparable to the crafting time Maxis uses in their different crafting objects. If your Sims needs are not sufficiently high they will deny to make a vase or quit the crafting process on their own.
Vases can be placed on OFB shelves and – when sold - they can be properly restocked from the shop owners inventory, but restocking can be done only with vases of the same design AND the same color.

How to Install:
Original Edition: Unpack the RAR-file - you will get a folder called Ceramic Art Workstation. Inside are the packages of the Ceramic Art Workstation itself and the whole set of vases at different crafting levels/stages - in total 24 package files. You will need ALL OF THEM for the Station to work properly
Put the whole folder named Ceramic Art Workstation as a subfolder into your downloads folder!

For the Adv.Edition see instructions at bottom.

The Ceramic Art Workstation can be found in “hobbies” – “creativity” on residential and community lots.
The vases will not show up in the buy catalogue (- well, your Sims are supposed to craft these objects, not to buy them!).

Extension packs and Compatibility:
The object will definitely require UNI and OFB installed to work correctly, I am not sure about NL.
In my game I have now all six EPs installed and also Glamour and FFS.
I have tested the Ceramic Art Workstation extensively in my game - it is working fine and I did not encounter any problems.
But of course I cannot give a guarantee it will do the same in your game, so please be careful and remember that you install this object at your own risk!

The Making of:
The Ceramic Art Workstation was cloned from the Maxis Easel - at the beginning I thought I could keep some functions, but in the end it had to be conceived and written completely new.
The mesh and texture of the Workstation were taken from the Maxis “Table-Dining-CommunityLot” and new components added to the mesh. Poly 2462 / Vertices 1563.

The Vases were cloned from the Maxis “Sculpturechinavase” and the original mesh and texture were substituted by my own. Poly 544 to1436 / Vertices 274 to 726 depending on type of vase.

Credits:

The only other person actively involved in this project is my husband, whom I really have to thank immensely.
Not only did he have endless patience with me when I spent hours with trying to figure out BHAVs and added his own ideas from time to time. But in addition to that when I was very unhappy and downhearted because it proved I could not find a mesher to help me with the meshing part and thus the Workstation would not be finished, my husband joined into the project and assisted me with learning to create the meshes for the vases and the Workstation and with texturing them.

Special thanks go to :

The writers of all the wonderful tutorials here at MTS2 which have taught a naïve beginner like me (without the least notion of simantics, meshing or texturing) everything that was needed to make this object work.

The makers of SimPE at sims.ambertation.de, which is a really extraordinary tool! This project could not have been done without extensive use of SimPE´s multiple options!

IMPORTANT: CLONING AND REDISTRIBUTION POLICY

The Ceramic Art Workstation (which includes the main object and all vases) is reserved exclusively for download from MTS2 and is not to be redistributed in any way.

Changed versions of the workstation and its vases must be exclusively uploaded on MTS2!!
Please do not make the vases alone available in buy mode!
Proper credit where due will be appreciated - I still consider the Workstation my "little baby"

Cloning for retexturing and/or remeshing:

The Workstation itself: Feel free to clone and redesign texture and mesh to your liking!

The Vases: Every vase - even when they have the same design and differ only in texture - has its own GUID which is NEEDED by the Workstation to function properly!

So what you have to do to bring a new vase into the game is:
Clone the Workstation and assign it a new GUID, search for all places where the original vases GUIDs are called from a function inside the BHAVs of the workstation and replace the original GUIDs with your own.
Do not forget to change the description of your newly designed vase in the pie menue of the Workstation advEdition!
- Here you go with a new completely independent version of the Workstation and its Vases (and people can have both the old one and your new one in the game)!!!

I HAVE ADDED A MINITUTORIAL WHICH EXPLAINS HOW YOU CAN CHANGE THE GUIDS INSIDE THE BHAVS AND HOW TO EDIT THE PIE MENUE.
It´s really easy, so even those of you who do not have experience with modding will manage!!!!

Have fun!

2006-10-10
For all OFB vase-shop owners who have problems with getting the right vase for restocking and especially for igloolik:
I have added a second version of the Workstation, where your Sim can choose the color of the vase too. (Note: but you still can restock only vases with the same design AND color!).
You can download it as "Ceramic Art Workstation advEdition".You can use the first and the second version at the same time in your game, as I have given this one another GUID.
VERY IMPORTANT:
This rar-file contains only the new version of the Workstation, but NOT the vases. So if you are downloading for the first time, you have to get the Nadira Ceramic Art Workstation and Vases.rar first