Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:38 AM Last edited by Zahrra : 5th Dec 2018 at 6:07 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Expansion Pack Issue
Hello fellow simmers!
I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to be asking these kinds of questions so apologises if it's not.
Basically, my brother and I both enjoy playing the Sims 3. We have purchased different expansion packs on separate Origin accounts and we've just gotten a new computer which we want to install them all on. We could have these packs installed all together without a problem on our old laptop but ever since the new-ish Sims 3 update, you can only use one Origin account therefore we can only use half the expansion packs.
I'd really like to avoid having to re-buy these expansions. We want to use all of the expansion packs together since we have spent a lot of money on these packs so can we somehow ask Origin to merge our accounts so we can play all our expansion packs at the same time? I also have a Sims 3 store account linked to my origin, will it affect that?
Kind regards
Zahra x
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:54 PM
For an Origin managed game, the merging of accounts would require a real-time conversation with EA's Customer Support either by web chat or telephone callback, whichever is available in your country and time zone. What will happen with TS3 store content purchases is difficult to say, but I imagine that anything that has been purchased under one account or the other will be lost through this process. At the very least though, a customer support rep should be able to help you figure out the best way to proceed.
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
For an Origin managed game, the merging of accounts would require a real-time conversation with EA's Customer Support either by web chat or telephone callback, whichever is available in your country and time zone. What will happen with TS3 store content purchases is difficult to say, but I imagine that anything that has been purchased under one account or the other will be lost through this process. At the very least though, a customer support rep should be able to help you figure out the best way to proceed.
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us

Hi,
Thank you so much! So if I contact a game advisor, they should be able to merge both the accounts whilist keeping all the games we've purchased? Just confirming before I start getting the accounts merged
Regards
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zahrra
Hi,
Thank you so much! So if I contact a game advisor, they should be able to merge both the accounts whilist keeping all the games we've purchased? Just confirming before I start getting the accounts merged
Regards

At the risk of sounding overly vague, what I meant was that if it is possible to merge the two accounts together, only a customer service rep or their supervisor would have the power to do so.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
At the risk of sounding overly vague, what I meant was that if it is possible to merge the two accounts together, only a customer service rep or their supervisor would have the power to do so.

So basically if I contact customer service & explain my issue, we would be able to get the accounts merged whilst keeping all the games, that way we can play them all together?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 11:26 PM
That would be the goal, yes. The point is only EA customer service can help with that, if they can successfully arrange it. There is nothing we can do ourselves with EPs registered across more than one Origin account other than repurchase.