Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#76 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 8:00 PM
Archives like zips are rars can have folder structures inside them. So if someone wanted to (I know it wouldn't work for everyone), it might be possible to zip up just the images from your downloads folder into one big archive in the main The Sims 2 folder, delete the images, and then if you wanted to check an image, extract them all automatically back into the folders they came from. I dunno what tool you'd need to do this though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, I want FastStone to find all the BMP files hiding in my download folder, but it puts up all my folders that are inside of my download folder in the view window. I know they are in there since if I do a search for type of file in my download folder a good number show up, but I don't know where they are lurking. Clicking on properties tells me I have over 3 thousand folders in there. o_o It's my own fault I know, for not being disciplined enough to change those BMP files as I downloaded them, but I often have little time of a morning, I often toss a new piece of cc in and let the game load while I do school with the kids. I was hoping you knew of a way to make it show those files in the window. If not I guess it's search and do one at a time. At least with FastStone I can now do my whole Fraps folder since it sees those BMP files.

Did a bit of thinking. Came up with something, but it requires grabbing another program - Nirsoft's SearchMyFiles: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html

Anyways, grab that and open it. Put your Downloads folder into "Base Folders" and "*.bmp" into Files Wildcard. Then search. You'll get a list of all the bmp files in there.

Open FastStone Photo Resizer. Make sure the "Output Folder" checkbox is unticked so it'll go into the original folder. Now in the search window, Ctrl+A to select all the found files. Drag and drop it into the right panel in FastStone Photo Resizer.

Convert it. Now go back to the search window, right click, and Move to Recycle Bin. Check that everything's where it should be before emptying the bin.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#78 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:53 PM
If FastStone supports drag and drop, couldn't you just do the search in Windows Explorer and drag and drop the bmps from there?

Mad Poster
#79 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 9:58 PM
I found the built-in search amazingly flunky to use.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#80 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:07 PM
Fair enough!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:21 PM
Thanks ihate I'll give it a go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#82 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:39 PM

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#83 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 10:53 PM
Even though we are girls... Since I wear glasses I'll have to be the guy with the glasses.

I just found by downloading one person who I have a few BMP's for, R13. Just grabbed their set of kids books and posters and noticed it was a BMP I dragged in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#84 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 11:14 PM
Yeah I tested it myself - I had a bunch of Morrowind screenshots in BMP that I'd been too lazy to convert. They're converted now.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#85 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 11:24 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 18th Dec 2016 at 11:37 PM.
I'm going to try it now. I have it downloaded. Cough72 filescough

Incoming Stupid question how do I remove my Fraps picture list first from FastStone? I changed file extension to BMP and that removed them since they were all jpgs, but is there another way to remove the left window list? I tried highlighting and doing clear and remove and that did nothing.

Well it says it's converted them yah! Bit hard to check since I don't know where in those 3K of folders those picture were but I will trust that they are all there now as jpgs. You deserve a medal. :lovestruc

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#86 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 1:30 AM
No way to hide the left panel that I know of - I just send it to 'Computer' so I don't get distracted.

Page 4 of 4