Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:36 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 2nd Feb 2017 at 7:52 PM.
{SOLVED}Sending groups of Sims to Community Lots
Have a question..now I have 8 guys now if they are all BF's or BBF's how do I get all 8 of them on a community lot together..I know for a date you can call and invite them to a community lot..but what about all 8 guys..if that don't work or can't happen then I am in trouble with my story..that I am trying to create..

This didn't work so am just putting solved on it..

Thank you all that helped and given me advice
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:37 AM
You shouldn't have any issues sending them on a group outing. Just have the playable sim invite them over and then ask them to join the outing. Then they'll travel to community lots as a group.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:44 AM
Ok cool..so I invite them all to the house then the outing..right..I'm off to try this out

Thank you Jojoa for your help
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:57 AM
Or use the phone and make a group, eg 'Bills Bowling Buddies' Add them to the list then that group is always there under made groups to invite out either for fun or as a timed event. When you invite sims out as part of a formal group they will stay together better and will generally eat together at one large table. (if you have such a table set up)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:02 AM
They can also be seated at two different tables. The only restaurants I've tried this at that couldn't reliably seat 8 people are Rodney's and Midnight Flows.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 12:06 PM
It is easy to manage groups on the phone - I prefer that way.
If there is a table for 8, they should be seated there.
You can invite them out Just for fun (no points) for for the outing that is timed and gets a score.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:19 PM
Ok well let's see..I guess I didn't say what I was doing..sorry everyone

Ok, I have a story I am trying to make..I have never done a story before..anyway..there is a sort of park I need these 8 guys to go to all at once..it's important for the story to happen...and all 8 of them are from different households..

So was wondering do I need to call each one of them and invite them over then go to this park..altogether..

There won't be any points I don't think..or shouldn't be..

jo what is 'Bills Bowling Buddies'
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:36 PM
If you put them in a group (phone menu: manage groups) and they go out just for fun that should work.
However, they will need to be friends.
You have to give the group a name, and the Sim inviting them to go on the outing also has to be in the group.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:43 PM
Bill's Bowling Buddies is the name of the social group.

Have the active sim pick up the phone. Choose Groups...Manage Groups. This will allow you to create a group of up to 8 sims, including the instigator. All the sims this sim knows will be available to choose from. Give the group a name.

Pick up the phone again. This time choose Groups...Meet Group on Community Lot...Just for Fun. The taxi should come automatically, as it does for a date. Choose the desired community lot, and you're good. At the community lot, all the sims in the outing will appear with the little blue plumbobs above them, as for a date. They will wander around the lot, but tend to gravitate toward what the instigator is doing, and if the active sim asks to be seated at a restaurant, the hostess will seat all 8 of them if possible. If the outing includes kids and teens, they will immediately leave any lot they arrive at after curfew, but will hang around indefinitely if the outing arrives at a lot prior to curfew and never changes lots except to go home. The outing can also return home with the active sim, though sims with depleted motives may choose that time to leave.

When your purpose is complete, click on the active sim and choose "End Casual Group." The group will lose their blue plumbobs and stop gravitating toward the active sim, behaving like normal townies or visitors.

It is possible not everyone will agree to come on the outing. You should get a pop-up telling you which sims are coming, and possible reasons why the sims who don't show aren't coming. If the sim has a low relationship with the caller or the outing is called during a sim's work hours, they are less likely to come. One way to deal with this is to edit the community lot to include a teleporter, and then summon the missing sims.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:49 PM
ok thank you petro..

I forgot when I went back in that they were just friends..I know they have to be at least a high BF..before they come to the house..

Now when I do make a phone call it just says...thinking here..there are 3 ways to invite over..first one invite family or something like that..second one is invite over, third is just talk or something like that it doesn't give an option for manage group..how do I do that...

Thank you Peni Griffin..you just said something that makes things a bit easier..can't I just put a teleporter on the lot and just summon them all then
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:24 PM
Don't click "Call.../Sim", just click "Manage Groups" in the pie menu.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:28 PM
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:28 PM
They don't have to be best friends to accept an invitation. I've had 0/0 people agree to come over. It's just not guaranteed.

Yes, if a teleporter will accomplish what you need, why not?

Still, learn to use the groups feature - it's great. If Sim A is friends with Sims B and C, but Sims B and C are not friends with each other, Sim A can add them both to a group and they can get to know each other on outings. If Sims B and C are also playables, they can also call group outings, and add their own friends that Sim A doesn't know, and the circles of friends grow. A teen sim can create a group of teens and their child siblings, and take them all on outings, during which children who might otherwise never have met can build friendships. When the youngest members grow to teen and the oldest ones go to college, the teen members can edit out the YAs and add in new children, creating an ever-changing but stable youth group. Or the group can remain the same, transforming over time from a group of teens with tagalong kids, to a group of YAs introducing their teen friends to campus and the nightlife, and gradually become a group of adult friends offering help and support to each other.

You can also invite groups over to your house. That way you can have Bridge Club or Kaffeeklatsch groups that only require one phone call instead of half a dozen. Since sims in a group won't automatically leave the house when the household is all asleep, it's a good dodge for pregnant sims to invite a group over, influence them to clean or do repairs, and then lie down for a nap. You can do pub crawls and shopping days and community lot weddings and ... oh, all sorts of things! It's a handy, versatile, and elegant feature.

Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:38 PM
Thank you so much Peni..wow..I don't ever remember seeing that group when I was making calls and if I did I didn't know what it was for so never used it..but this sound so exciting..I will have to try this out..but I have been behind on my story for months and about the time I am ready to send them to this park..I realize I didn't know what to do lol specially with 8 people needing to go at once lol..I think for this round I will put a teleporter on the lot..and then experiment with this group thing soon..

I think I will leave this open for now until I know for sure if this is going to work..if that is ok

Thank you all for all your help and inputs on different ways of doing this..I have learned a lot today..

~hugs and smiles everyone have a great day~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 8:50 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 9:27 PM
I will thank you petro..for your help..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 10:08 PM
Bill's Bowling Buddies was an example of a name you could give to a group. They do not have to be friends to come to a group outing, nor is there separate ringing and inviting. Once a group is made it is always available under the phone. If a sim should not show just put down a teleporter and summon them, if they refuse to do what you want due to low relationship, use the simblender to set them as best friends with high relationship. You can make sims do whatever you want with enough mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:12 AM
Thank you jo..I forgot about the sim blender lol..

I am off to check all these ideas out.. will let you all know what happens..
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 5:10 AM
Ok, well nothing went right after I got them all on the lot..I used the transporter and brought them all to the lot but then they just wouldn't stay..they all wanted to leave..omgosh..I may not be able to finish this story with pictures..

So, I am going to try the other way and get them BFF's and then invite them to the house and then to the lot..

In the past I tried to invite sims just as friends and they just wouldn't come..so will just wait till they are BFF's..

I will let you know if this works or not..

Thank you all for your help.. :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 5:16 AM
Transporter? You don't need to teleport them in, if that's what you did. This would be why they left. Did you make them into a group? On the phone 'manage groups'

Have your sim go to the community lot and use their mobile/cell phone (buy them one if they don't have one first) and invite the group over just for fun. You can make the group prior to going or do it there on the phone. They do not need to BFF, just friends will do.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 7:05 PM
Oh, ok..I will have to get him a cell phone..lol..

No when I teleported them in had to do it one at a time..

Thank you Jo..

I will try that have to remember to make a group..lol..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 10:08 PM
Once you call and invite group they should all arrive together, only teleport in anyone who doesn't show, but if they are friends they shouldn't need to be. if you do need to teleport someone in you may need to do so a few times. When you have a group they will follow your sim like a date does and you have the option to 'call group together' the sim will stand and whistle and wave their arms and all the sims from the group will come to find him.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 2:06 AM
Thank you Jo..

With all the advice I wasn't thinking lol..on which one I should be doing..and didn't think to come here first before I did anything..

It's snowing so hard and the wind is so bad and getting worse here..won't be going outside at all for the next day or two..so will try this out again..

Thank you all for your help

~hugs and smiles~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#24 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 8:03 PM
You can also summon them with a teleporter, then click on them and go Ask.../To Form (or Join) Casual Group, to create a group on the spot. That will also stop them leaving unless their needs tank.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 12:50 AM
Thank you Nysha I won't be using the teleporter anymore for the group outings..that's just didn't go good..and I didn't see the option to join or form casual group..I was trying more just to keep them there..so didn't notice that I don't think..

Thank you for your help
Page 1 of 2