Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:05 AM
Default The Sims 2 - Aliens
So, The Sims 2 has had alien abduction ever since the base game. Not a huge amount is shared about aliens within the game - parent aliens are known as Birth Queens and Colony Drones (as seen in various family trees), some aliens abduct sims (and impregnate male sims during the abduction) and there have been several Pollination Technicians over time (the current PT, PT#7 (grandfather of Nina & Dina Caliente) and PT#9 (who now resides in Strangetown). Oh, and Pollination Technicians can "retire" (well, apparently PT#9 did, anyway - or did he?!).

I would love to hear about people's head-canon for the aliens in The Sims 2. Why do the aliens abduct sims? Why do they impregnate their (male) abductees (and not the female ones)? Where do they live? How do they live? What are their lives like on their home planet/space station etc? What do sims think about the aliens (and their half/part-alien offspring)? And anything else you can think of, basically!

Do you have any particular head-canons for the premade alien/part-alien sims, like PT#9 and Stella Terrano?

Do you use any CC/mods for your alien sims? Are there several Pollination Technicians rather than just one? Are they all the same species, or does your game have different species of alien?

Have you ever played alien sims in their home environment (not including ones like PT#9 who moved to live with non-alien sims)?

I would love to play an alien home planet 'hood one day, and I have tons of ideas and head-canon about TS2 aliens. Which I will share with you after I've had some sleep, as it's 5am here and I really need to go to bed! I just couldn't resist posting this first - I love reading about other people's games! :-D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 5:52 AM
I like to imagine that they're somewhat benevolent, and that they're somehow trying to improve the human (er, Simmish?) race by introducing new genetics - except that they got their information from mpreg fanfiction. Though in Oakbrook that doesn't matter much as both genders can get impregnated. They prefer desert environments because their home planet is far warmer than SimEarth, and since Strangetown already has a part-alien population they tend to head there.

I have BoilingOil's multi-PT mods. The one kid from it that's grown to a toddler (Ganymede Curious, Pascal's son) looks pretty nice.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 9:40 AM
At first not realizing that the Aliens as EA created them, were actually modeled mostly after the "Asgard" as in the StarGate SG-1 series, I fantasized that the Aliens (yes, the ones that I published for download) came from an extremely overpopulated world - Urbi-TihrAna, which is of roughly the same size as Earth, but is home to 100,000 times as many people - and tried different experiments on Sims in order to find ways to make their own race less prolific.

They called this "the Merger Project".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 10:06 AM
I don't have much lore on aliens, just that they are a natural part of the sim world as are servo's, plant people etc. Anything that comes with the game.

I see them as kindly, offering services to those male sims who really want to experience pregnancy and childbirth. I only allow knowledge sims to be abducted since they are the only ones that want to be and kindly aliens don't go around impregnating anyone who would be against it. I just wish the game didn't have them looked shocked and horrified on being taken and being dropped back. That was a very large green happy want they just filled.

I have only ever had two natural abductions (no summon aliens) in all my years of playing. The first was a dance sphere abduction. For anyone who might not know only sims who have been previously abducted can be abducted off a dance sphere. The second was only last year and that was a telescope one and a female, so no alien baby. I don't use any mods that change things.

I hardly ever play pre-mades although I have a couple of times played the aliens. I assumed that Stella was here to observe earth culture.

I use a default spotted alien skin and a PT default replacement since I only occasionally have an abduction and don't want to add unneeded npc's.

I've never played a planet although I have made a couple of alien families for Strangtown over the years. One had blue skin and the other a multicoloured skin. You should take a look at Nooks new youtube series he has a beautiful planet.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:45 PM
I love aliens. I really enjoy the genetics part of the game so when alien genetics pop out generations later, it makes me so happy.

I like to pretend my game takes place after some type of post-apocalyptic event that wiped out the majority of the population. So at this point the human population is pretty united and the aliens are the 'new' race in town. Most people have accepted them since they're pretty much no different than humans but some still have prejudice against them.

All of my current aliens are descendants from Stella Terrano, if I remember correctly. I do use some CC for the eyes because I'm not a fan of Maxis' all black look.

I've been MIA from the forum and the game because of some issues I went through but I'm hoping I can get back to it and hopefully, finally start that alien cult/religion I've been wanting to start.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:55 PM Last edited by gazania : 29th Nov 2016 at 12:56 AM.
In my game, the aliens abduct only Sims expressing a vague interest in meeting them. They do not abduct Sims randomly. And they are as curious about humans as humans are about them. Humans are test subjects, and they interpret a Sim's desire to know more about them as a form of consent, even though it really isn't. They don't impregnate them out of any maliciousness.

In my game, both males and females can be impregnated. The aliens want to see how pregnancy affects both.

However, once the baby is born, the aliens lose interest. They have collected their data. If they need more (I don't have that many aliens in my hoods), on to another Sim.

This is probably does not fix the Maxis interpretation of aliens in any way. Meh.

My aliens use Pooklet's alien defaults, and there are four custom PTs. I use a custom alien skin. Pooklet aliens are not as sharply different from other Sims as other custom PTs (slightly-pointed ears on a couple of them and other slight details). I like more subtle differences. As far as I know, I don't have any other CC affecting aliens, other than females are also able to be impregnated by aliens.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#7 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
At first not realizing that the Aliens as EA created them, were actually modeled mostly after the "Asgard" as in the StarGate SG-1 series

I haven't seen too much of Stargate, so it's possible that I don't have all the information, but to me the Sims 2 aliens seem more like a mixture between the classical/stereotypical Greys and Little Green Men from UFO Folklore (the ones that abduct people and cattle in order to perform experiments) with the lore about human-alien hybrids infiltrating society thrown in as spicing. What in particular links them to the Asgard? Aren't the Asgard also just a variation of the "Grey" archetype?(though the only benevolent one I'm aware of)

As such my picture of Sims 2 aliens has always been kinda influenced by the Greys. Mix that with the glimpse into their culture offered by PT9's family tree and I always imagined a society akin to that of eusocial insects (ants, termites, bees etc). A caste society in which every member is genetically engineered to fill a specific role. Individuality and personal and/or artistic expression are banned and the search for truth and knowledge is the highest goal of the whole species. That's also why every alien baby born in game has the "same" father, it's actually just one of the many members of the PT class, who see themselves as a homogeneous unit.
In my head-canon PT9 was a rebel and outcast among his own people and he's not actually "retired" but rather he is a defector, escaping his society after the ship in Strangetown Crashed.

As to why they are creating Alien-Sim hybrids. Well my honest answer would be that it would be the Aperture Science Mantra "We do what we must because we can", I imagine the aliens as a species made up of GlaDOSes who perform experiments on Sims simply because they are capable of doing so (this is also why they're impregnating males, because they have the power to do so and there is no reason, for them, not to do it)
In my head-canon there is no long-term plan to the creation of hybrids, except maybe to see what happens if they fill Sim-Earth with hybrids because...SCIENCE!

I also believe that the Sims are the first (and so far only) other, intelligent species the Aliens have discovered, explaining their continued interest in them.

As a kid I made my own, additional Alien race, the "Purples". They were a proud, very emotional warrior race that started life with blue-green skin. When they hit puberty the skin of males turned deep purple, while that of females turned more bluish.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 4:56 PM
I use BoilingOil's MultiPT #8 mod to get a little more variety in regards to alien parentage when Sims get abducted. Once there were four alien abductions in Veronaville. Romeo Monty was a teen so he just got the scholarship for being abducted. The offspring from Oberon Summerdream, Puck Summerdream shortly after he graduated from college and Tybalt Capp after he graduated all had different alien parents with the multi PT mod. Oberon and Puck's daughters were obviously related, but Tybalt's son was not related to any of the other aliens. I don't have other mods dealing with aliens and they use the default eyes and skin. All abductions are natural (all four of the Veronaville abductions were natural and that is a higher number than nomal, I usually only get one or two) or Vidcund Curious' scripted one. I don't force abuctions and don't have mods to increase chances.

I don't really have head cannon about my multi PTs or aliens in general in the game. I never thought about it before this thread, but might start having some after reading the thread.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 7:22 PM
I imagine that the sims are somewhat in the future. They have fiddled around with the DNA of plants, animals, and themselves (the sims who did this are those in the science and natural science careers). Plantsims, vampires, and werewolves are the results of such tampering, although they have always existed in mythology. Some attribute their existence in mythology to a lost society of advanced sims that created them, others believe a lost race of aliens did it. This future is kind of like Star Trek in that aliens have ships and they explore the universe. Sims in the military career (astronauts) and adventure career (space pirates) also explore the universe. Only sims who are interested in alien abduction and pregnancy look through the telescope. If they happen to catch a passing ship, they are abducted and made pregnant (both males and females in my game). The aliens do this to study sims and sims who explore the galaxy do the same thing to aliens. This is accepted behavior. I have several PT packs that I switch out and I imagine that those are the aliens currently studying the sim galaxy. Some aliens have elected to retire or move to Searth (sim Earth) to further their studies. They are accepted by society just like the alien hybrids are. The only sim who ever had an issue with them was General Buzz (now deceased), but he was always a conspiracy theorist and generally mistrusted everyone.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 8:03 PM
The story assumptions I make about aliens vary with the neighborhood.

In Drama Acres, no one knows anything about the aliens. (There's no conflict here as there's no Stella or PT9.) They are wholly mysterious and elusive, actively studied by scientists at every opportunity. My playable aliens are almost all born-in-game hybrids whose position vis-a-vis researchers is spelled out in the story. Red Onions made his name in medical research with his series of papers on his son-in-law's pregnancy and his "grandchild's" development and physical peculiarities, and until his death all men who got alien pregnant in Drama Acres checked in with him at least once. His work is the go-to reference for a parent with an alien hybrid child, but not every child underwent his direct scientific scrutiny. When a Drama Acres scientist gets alien pregnant, he naturally conducts his own research in his own way, while non-scientists may prefer to treat their children as children with special needs and not subject them to any tests. The aliens all consider themselves siblings (as in fact they are, since I don't use a multi-PT mod) and the older ones feel responsible for the younger ones. The few aliens who aren't born in-game are the results of secret cloning experiments in a distant, secret lab, who escaped during a mysterious fire and took up residence in an abandoned warehouse, where they muddled along as best they could and kept telling people that they "came from France." They resisted being researched, but one of them is married to a scientist and has fathered a child, so they may yet supply important information. The primary noted peculiarity of aliens is that they don't see the same color spectrum as other sims and require special glasses in order to read ordinary print; this can be a problem with noseless aliens! They are also born with sharp fingers and toenails, but this is easily dealt with by mittens until they get old enough to maintain reasonable manicures.

In Widespot, again, nobody knows what the aliens want, and so far Skye remains the only abductee. The phenomenon is truly rare and mysterious there, and it hasn't had much impact on the wider world.

In Strangetown, I've written at length before now about how I had to rewrite all the backstory to accommodate how my sims behaved. Suffice it to say that there was a war, Glabe Curious and PT9 collaborated across species lines and against orders to save the hybrids and begin the peace process, and Stella has an important role as the first exchange student between Simerica and the Ursa Minor Fleet. PT9 has amnesia (look in his memories: first thing there is "met Jenny!" She pulled him and her father out of the crashed saucer, obviously!), but retains his awesome genetic manipulation skills. Although the peace treaty is mostly secure, a rogue band of fanatical pollination technicians still commits the occasional abduction, regarding it as their religious duty to impregnate as many sims as possible with the genes of their late Supreme Potentate and thus elevate the sim race. Relations are still in a delicate stage, as you may imagine.

In the GS Uberhood, aliens are refugees and we don't go into the whys of abduction too much. They're alien, you know. No reason to expect to understand their motives, or to make the citizen aliens responsible for the behavior of those who are still in space pursuing a different agenda.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I haven't seen too much of Stargate, so it's possible that I don't have all the information, but to me the Sims 2 aliens seem more like a mixture between the classical/stereotypical Greys and Little Green Men from UFO Folklore

RIGHT. The Asgard are probably meant to be as close to the original Roswell Greys from the Area 51 myths (if that is what they are) as they could make it. And I agree that the TS2 aliens do not really look very much like those. The problem is that there is a limit to how much a sim's body could be distorted to make it look alien. They did the best they could with the faces (large black eyes, flat nose, minimal sized ears, the mouth reshaped to a tiny, lip-less crack in the face), and the body itself could not be reshaped at all, except for giving it a green skin.

My own Alien set looks much more pleasurable, because I found the Maxis abominations too hideous.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 12:00 AM
I also use BoilingOil's Multi PT mod as well as his Alien Experiments. I love Alien and weird genetics because it brings so many more possibilities.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
I also use BoilingOil's Multi PT mod as well as his Alien Experiments. I love Alien and weird genetics because it brings so many more possibilities.

I always love reading that people are using Alien Experiments. That's where modding started for me, and it's still my favorite of everything I've done.
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:27 AM
With so many aliens already in Strangetown, I figure there is some kind of arrangement going on in which both regular Sims and aliens are happy to participate. Loki Beaker is an exception to this -- he's a eugenicist who considers the aliens to be freaks of nature who should not breed -- and never once has he been abducted, although I've played Strangetown several times and have him on the telescope almost every night. The aliens know his attitude and want nothing to do with him, and he takes the lack of abduction as proof that the aliens in Strangetown are just regular Sims with some genetic disease. Stella Terrano is an exchange student who decides to marry and stay.

In Driftwood County (my BaCC neighbourhood), the aliens are attempting to take over the Sim world, beginning with the largely unpopulated hinterland. They abduct and impregnate both male and female Sims (using the Tombstone of L&D, if it works), and are very interested in their offspring. The first alien-born Driftwood child, Rachel Long, received an invitation to the InterGalactic University on her 13th birthday; unlike the official BaCC university (which I'm nowhere near getting yet), which has expensive tuition fees, the IGU provides free tuition to Sims of alien descent and those who have been abducted by aliens. Graduates will be encouraged to abandon their Sim families and move to Orion's Belt, which will be an alien subhood. I haven't entirely decided on how this is going to go, but the general idea is to have Sim and alien populations competing for dominance. IGU graduates and Sims born in Orion's Belt will not be able to take certain jobs in Sim areas that relate to national security, and Sims who move to Orion's Belt on marriage will be similarly barred from those professions in the Belt.
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:14 PM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 29th Nov 2016 at 1:15 PM. Reason: Long post alert
Warning! Long post alert!

My head-canon is that the aliens, hundreds of years ago (but until at least after the events of Sims Medieval) used to be Sims - hence why they look like them and are compatible with them. However, they ventured into space, formed their own society and, except for the Pollination Technicians and their descendents, never came back to SimNation.

Aliens abduct Sims for a variety of reasons:

- Knowledge aliens became Pollination Technicians to learn and spread learning. They may see a Sim and be curious to learn more about them (and to give them the gift of some alien knowledge in return).

- Family aliens may long for a descendent and, perhaps failing to find a fellow alien in their adolescence with which they wish to make a family, become Pollination Technicians to find a partner among Sims.

- Romance aliens may fall in love with a Sim looking at them through the telescope, and have become Pollination Technicians hoping exactly that would happen

- Popularity aliens join the ranks of Pollination Technicians because, particularly with the hive society forged by the aliens, there is a lot of emphasis on friendship, loyalty and team spirit there. It is the place where a Popularity alien is most likely to feel at home. Investigating, choosing and abducting Sims is part of the duty, and also part of finding friends that cross interspecies boundaries (an option unavailable to other aliens)

- Fortune aliens become Pollination Technicians because aliens who successfully abduct Sims are well-rewarded by the hive society, not just financially but in terms of status and fame. This is especially so if their descendents do anything noteworthy to help aliens (such as earn a scholarship for university).

- Pleasure Sims do everything (becoming a Pollination Technician, meeting and abducting a Sim) primarily because it is fun - or because Pollination Technician allows an unusually large freedom of choice in terms of actions.

Aliens are compatible with male Sims only (in the vanilla game - in my version, they are compatible with both men and women), which is why only men have alien babies (in the vanilla game).

In my head-canon, aliens live in many worlds across the galaxy, having a preference for the warmer parts (but not too warm) of Earth-like planets and those worlds which they can terraform into similar states. They are technologically far in advance of Sims, but have a much less dynamic society, which is part of the reason Pollination Technician roles are so hotly-contested.

There are also several planets colonised by the aliens who have rejected the hive society and live in ways that, to a greater or lesser extent, resemble SimNation Sims on Earth. (Incidentally, all of these worlds describe themselves as SimNation or their language's equivalent, at least in some contexts). Only the best Pollination Technicians get to visit SimNation on Earth, as it is the ancestral homeworld; lesser Technicians are assigned to these other worlds. On rare occasions, Sims may even join the aliens, but it is made extremely clear that if this is done, it is a one-way trip and that they must remain on a Technician space vessel. (The first death-by-satellite, in this head-canon, was a cover-up for such a defection),

The aliens that are in the hive society mostly live in luxurious conditions by Sim standards, though it is not something a Sim keen on ornamentation would enjoy. Rather, it would be a minimalist aesthetic where everything just... ...works. Everything that should be comfortable is, everything that should move does so without jump bugs or the least jerky frame, everything that should stay still does so. Nobody is in serious want, though workers sometimes complain about awkward working conditions (especially if they are tasked with jobs in hard vacuum or other inhospitable places). Anyone bearing new knowledge is highly valued, and this is uploaded into a shared database that could be imagined as a super-efficient version of the internet. Some drones work as mental librarians, sorting and optimising this space so that if anyone wants information, what they need will come to them without needing anything so cumbersome as a search engine or blatant filter tags required.

Work is valued highly by the hive. The High Queen delivers orders for all strategic work to be done. Depending on position in the heirarchy, other aliens may have discretion to make decisions on a smaller scale, or (like the Colony Drones) only be able to act on instructions. Excellently-done work may lead to promotions, though an alien will be in the same line of work for their entire adult lives. Only an alien raised to be a Birth Queen can ever rise to the level of High Queen, and it is impossible to transfer departments if a Colony Drone, no matter how good their work. Alien psychology/sociology is such that the majority of aliens see no problem at all with such specialism, even though nearly all Sims in SimNation would. Retirement is rare in the hive, and generally retired aliens (whatever the reason) die soon after retirement, because an alien who can work without causing problems to the rest of the hive tends to insist on doing so.

Leisure time is restricted in the hive, which is a major driver in Pleasure aliens deciding on a career as a Pollination Technician. All partnerships are life-long, determined by the local Birth Queen at adolescence, and only those where one partner is a Birth Queen may bear children. Adultery involving a Birth Queen is forbidden and punishable by death, but anyone else may cheat with impunity. (To ensure neutrality in such situations, the High Queen does not have a partner). Nonetheless, families do result even among those partnerships not involving a Birth Queen, and it is possible for such a partnership to be rewarded (among other things) with permission to adopt a child.

However, means of acquiring fun, comfort and energy are both effective and varied, including helmets that can directly affect the relevant parts of the brain. There are a variety of team sports (ball sports including random gravity changes, skateboarding/hoverboarding and climbing being the most popular, depending on the planet) played on the worlds with alien hives, and Pollination Technicians have leagues played between the staff of different vessels (SimNation typically has a couple of dozen alien spacecraft flying over it at any given time - unless there's a convention being held, then the number gets into the low thousands and the occasional crash landing is expected). Most adolescents and adults also enjoy dancing, particularly with electronic dance spheres and/or with novelty dances with specified movement sequences (the "smustle" dance is exactly as popular with aliens as with Sims, and some planets send DJs in SimNation mixing new versions of the smustle dance music royalty cheques).

Pollination Technicians are primarily the diplomats of the hive society (who have that name because they alone know how to "pollinate" other species). In the hive, the courtship process and lab-based sciences are both extremely complex, so those who are best at them at the beginning of adolescence and also show interest in diplomacy are inducted into Pollination Technician training. On becoming adults, they are given a posting over a suitable world in a UFO. Most of their time is not spent abducting people, but building relationships - with astronomy and dance fans, true, but also with powerful people and creative minds. They want to create a peaceful universe with lots of creativty, and enjoy finding subtle and effective means of advancing this. More than a few treaties are suspected to have had their influence. That they sometimes find themselves sharing genetics as well as treaties, goods and technology is a happy bonus (how much a bonus depends on the specific technician).

SimHampton Sims are aware of much of this. They welcome the aliens and their part-alien descendents alike (except the criminal ones) and have a treaty with them. This ensures that:

- abduction requires advance permission (though Sims often forget they permitted abductions at the moment it occurred - the first thing Pollination Technicians are required to do after abduction is to show the Sim the permission document they signed)

- any Sim who requests a mind-wipe due to Too Much Information must be given one

- when returning a Sim, it must be to their home (not "somewhere in town" or "it was sort of down the road") and without causing the Sim any injury

- a ban on non-consensual baby creation or experimentation (by any means) is permanently in place

- laws applicable to both Sims and aliens are strictly enforced - so no murders, thefts or similar may be done. Each party would attend court in their own jurisdiction, with video links used, and guilty parties are given the same sentence as they would have the injured party been of their own species. This is particularly strict to the aliens, whose hive society permits execution for serious crimes. Protocols exist enabling the aliens to arrest and detain Sims suspected of being guilty of an offence until they can be delivered to a Sim court.

- the setting-foot of either Sim or alien onto any world controlled by the other jurisdiction is currently banned (no full-blooded aliens to walk on SimHampton soil, no SimHamptoners to walk on a world controlled by the hive). This could change by future arrangement but is unlikely ever to occur. Those breaking the rule are evaluated for potential illness/injury (the most common cause of a breach being spacecraft crashes), returned to their home jurisdiction as discreetly as possible and given a serious penalty (long prison sentence for a Sim, execution for an alien). Small alien children are exempt from the latter two if nobody is available to look after them

- Illegal imports/exports are banned. Things not fitting into SimHampton/hive society cannot be introduced, and anything that is imported/exported must be taxed and labelled correctly

- science must be done by a Sim that would suggest an item is possible (though proof the scientific theory works is optional) before the aliens are permitted to share an example. This also works in reverse for Sim research on psychology, sociology and other fields relating to areas in which the aliens are relatively low in knowledge.

There is only one species of alien; they are scientifically known as drioru because they are genetically little different, and descendent from, the drioru who first colonised space. However, they're usually called "aliens" by the Sims of SimHampton, to avoid confusion with the terrestrial drioru who chose to stay away from space and, later, shun high technology.

I have never played a hive society in Sims, and probably won't for some time. I like the idea of them being vaguely mysterious.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:34 PM
I don't view my aliens as generally benevolent, because like the sims they abduct, they're just trying to survive. Their homeworld has been destroyed and the last remaining Silaxis are desperately trying to repopulate their race. As it turns out, they're from the same star system as my sims, and have only superficial physical differences. They are able to breed with Simworld sims, so they do. They abduct both genders, and impregnate the females (there was a mix up resulting in a few male pregnancies but they've managed to figure out the sim reproductive system effectively enough at this point that they no longer get it wrong.)

Sims are resistant to the Silaxis' attempted colonization of their planet. They don't realise that the Silaxis are an extremely small population that breeds less quickly than the massive (rabbit-like) sim population, so they fight the Silaxis at every turn trying to prevent interbreeding between the two subspecies. Not all sims hate the Silaxis who are able to learn much more quickly and exhibit a much higher intelligence level much earlier on than normal sims [I modify this in-game to create the effect of learning faster]. Silaxis also have certain physical abilities that have yet to be explored.

The governments of Simworld view the Silaxis as invaders, while the population mostly views them as curios. There are parts of the world where they've never seen a Silaxis, and parts where they see them all the time.

That's pretty much how I play 'em. I only really build the Silaxis colonies in Loste (Strangetown) but I'll let aliens turn up in other places, they just won't have colonies there. The colonies are always one single lot, and the residents are under curfew. I mod them to look different to the ones that are part sim so that I can see who's 'pure' alien and who's not. Then I mod out jealousy on their lot, and create a single nursery for all of the children separated by age. They live communally, and are 'emotionless' so they don't form committed relationships or get married, and they don't fight with one another. (Takes a lot of wrangling to get this right.)

Sims can only be Pleasure (the rogues who integrate fully into simworld cultures and go a bit nuts with all the things they can do and try) and Knowledge (the ones who maintain colonies and organize and raise the children). Colonies need to be self-sufficient for the most part, because Silaxis are rarely allowed off them. They must be back on their base by sunset or they risk being thrown in prison.

I set aliens as a turn off for most of the sims in Loste, especially the ones who are on the military bases there (and then I'll set a few of them with aliens as a turn on for the sake of drama). Sim families with alien offspring are fined, jailed and shunned in society, and the Curious and Smith households are always moved waaaaay outside the town where they'll be safe from people like the Beakers who see the aliens as an inferior specimen.

This makes me want to play Strangetown tonight...
Scholar
#17 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:30 PM
"Aliens are out there, people! Open your eyes- and maybe look at the telescope while you're at it!"

Ever since Candi Brookland had a run-in with a vampire, resulting in her own vampirism for a few days until she tracked down the gypsy matchmaker and got a cure, she's been a leading force in the advocation of integration of supernatural forces into society- at least, in their small town. She also claims she met aliens before and everyone thinks she's a bit crazy. Regardless, she's aiming or the spot of mayor so she can get some recognition.

I've been trying for days now for the Alien Experiments mod to result in female pregnancy, but about all I've gotten so far is either nothing or a supernatural life state. Oops. I only have one alien in my game, and she's one of my color-themed sims. Everyone just thinks she's a little bit weird, but definitely not an alien or anything. So far, in my game, society is actively denying the existence of aliens and refuses to think about the possibility. Once I get a successful alien abduction, I'll make it so the town actually accepts it, but for now, they all refuse to.

Aliens themselves do experiments for the hell of it. I might eventually develop lore, but nah.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 5:23 AM
Last year, I downloaded a really cool neighborhood from here called "Sedona" which had as its central story 4 men impregnated by 4 diffy alien PTs.
So, to answer one question, yes, multiple PT hack apparently used to make this neighborhood. VERY interesting looking kids.

I assumed the aliens had been doing a hella lot of terraforming there and changed the look of Sedona quite dramatically. Pix o' that in my blog. (first two months postings and then again intermittently from this summer on.)

Fast forward a bit over a year now, I transferred some of my favorites the offspring to a Sims 3 setting, but am now in the process of doing a Sims 2 alien world called Murkimizu. Part of my story takes place there.
So, yes, got a new alien home world in process of being built at the mo'. You can see progress pix if curious.
To answer another question: yes, I use a lot of custom parts on my aliens. The ones inhabiting Murkimizu evolved from the polluted waters of the place, hence their features.
I used terrain defaults, terrain paints, all kinda crazy plants, sky domes etc to get alien looking places in my game. (Sedona and now Murkimizu)

Some of my story themes are inspired by alien conspiracy theories. (Blog has pix from both Sims 2 and Sims 3, but they are tagged by game)

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#19 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje83
Have you ever played alien sims in their home environment (not including ones like PT#9 who moved to live with non-alien sims)?

Not quite, but I'm working on such a neighborhood which I plan to upload...
Here's a picture of how it currently looks like. The green sky mod is also in the works and will come along with the neighborhood... whenever it gets finished.

Quote: Originally posted by blupest
So, to answer one question, yes, multiple PT hack apparently used to make this neighborhood. VERY interesting looking kids.

Oh, we didn't use any multiple PT hacks. We just created four different alien sims, killed them and made the four male sims pregnant by them using the testing cheats. So basically, the aliens aren't real PTs but normal, deceased sims.
So, no multiple PT hacks are needed to play Sedona.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 1:57 PM
I don't have any head canon background for aliens but I do really like them. Plenty of green skin and/or bluish black eyes in my Strangetown. Because of creaturefixes (I think?) the alien skin and eyes can show up separately. Somehow that has resulted in a lot of sims with a human skintone but alien eyes. Pure or half aliens with both the skin and eyes I give unnatural hair colors, from blue to pink and anything in between. They don't have eyebrows and the men get no facial or body hair. They do get face paint which differs per alien and more recently I have added body tattoos to that as well. "Quarter" aliens with either the skin or eyes do get (thin) eyebrows and dual-colored hair, normally a natural shade combined with an unnatural one (for instance black hair with green streaks).

I use a mod that slightly increases the odds of abduction, BO #8 PT mod, and a mod that allows women to be impregnated by aliens too.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 4:01 PM
In my game, I use a multi PT mod giving four different colours of alien skin, just for the variety. I regard these as four different races but the same species. If Earth Sims can have four and counting skin colours, why not the aliens also?

The motivation for the abductions and all the interest the aliens take in Sim Earth, is that some disaster has occurred to their home planet, and the surviving aliens are all sterile. The only way they can pass their DNA to a new generation is by linking it to a different, fertile species. They only impregnate men because they need to implant artificial wombs, which would destroy the females capacity to have more children. They don't want to harm anyone, really, they are just desperate to pass on some kind of legacy.

If the PTs are very successful, it is possible that interbreeding of the human/alien hybrids might in the future lead to the birth of individuals who are effectively pure aliens. If this happens, who knows? Racial memories might be triggered, purpose built time vaults might open, and these individuals might have access to the whole culture and technology of a vanished species. Maybe even their own spaceship, so they can leave Sim Earth and start a new colony?
Instructor
#22 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 7:22 PM
My personal lore is that the alien planet, Sixam, has different tribes each ruled by one birth queen and her many pollination technicians, with regular colony drones beneath them, but there's an even more powerful birth queen who rules the entire planet. Pollination technicians were originally meant to only pollinate drones if the population dipped and there weren't enough workers to bring in their supplies, but after the previous higher birth queen died, her successor ruled with an iron fist, ordering executions of aliens born without the equipment to be birth queens (if female) or pollination technicians (if male). This sparked concern for the residents of Sixam and led to the plot of pollinating sims of SimEarth due to them having the closest biological features to each other, in hopes of their species continuing on with a better life.

Aside from birth queens, who can reproduce both asexually and with a pollination technician should she wish to do so, alien females are generally infertile but are able to impregnate both male and female sims. Because a majority of the colony drones are male, pollination technicians figured impregnating male sims would be just as easy, and don't tend to bother impregnating the females just in case they have similar biology to their Sixam counterparts. Obviously, some aliens who immigrate to SimEarth become aware of sim anatomy and start families with the sim women they once assumed were infertile.

The higher birth queen is completely oblivious to the SimEarth transfer plan, but if she found out, you'd bet there'd be trouble.

Because it can be downright unusual for SimEarth natives to see aliens around, some aren't very nice to them and even fear/hate them. Others try to be polite towards them, but the noticeable differences make them slip up from time to time. As time is advancing, more and more sims just don't care.
Scholar
#23 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 8:13 PM
In my main game alien sims are just normal sims who are afflicted with some strange mutation in the melanin skin pigment which produces the green tinged skin colour.

Some reckon that they are actually from SimMars though as the green skin colour supposedly didn't appear until after successful city-colonies were established on the red rocky surface.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 9:22 PM
OH MY GOSH! That is SO cool looking Jawusa! What will be required for that? I play the Mac app version which does not have last two expansions. I HOPE I'll be able to play that.
Also, thanks Jawusa for the explano. I apparently *didn't* know how those guys were impregnated exactly and assumed a mod had been used for that.
Still love Sedona and I think soon another blogger will be "doing" that town in their Simblr....I've been asked about it. I'll send you link when time comes.*waves to all *

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#25 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 3:41 PM
By the way, it will be fully base game compatible and it will also come with some sims and a special storyline which involves more or less all characters of Aileen Landing.
(And that's the name of the neighborhood)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Page 1 of 2