Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 9:36 PM
Default Non- Uni Greek house
Is there a cheat to make a Greek house in a normal hood (not a university hood)?

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 9:50 PM
You might be able to do it with the mods that enable college in the main hood, but there's no cheat code for it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:11 AM
Hmmm. I looked at Squinge's Mega College Pack, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if change lot zoning might work.

The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:26 AM
No, because there's no zoning for "Greek House." They're zoned residential. You change them to Greeks by applying for a charter over the phone, an option only available in University subhoods.

Why do you want one? What's your vision here? Maybe there's a workaround that will achieve the effect you want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 12:24 PM
Using Lion's mod for university in the main 'hood you can have a Greek House in the main 'hood/a non-university/non-vacation sub-hood.

I don't know if it's possible to get non YA's to pledge into the Greek House, but once a sim is living there they can continue to live there when they become adults (though that may be thanks to one/some of the many other mods that I also have in my game!).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 12:27 PM
How do you use that to make a Greek house? I thought it only made a working dorm.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
How do you use that to make a Greek house? I thought it only made a working dorm.

If you put the gold record object up in a residential lot with YA's living in it (it possibly has to only be YA's living there, I've never tried it with other ages living there as well) then a YA can use the phone to call and start a Greek House, the same as they would do in a university sub-hood (I assume - I don't think I've ever founded a Greek House in a university sub-hood!).

I don't know if:

- apartment lots can become Greek Houses
- residential lots with non-YA's living there (as well as at least one YA) can become Greek Houses
- non-YA's can pledge into a Greek House

But one or several YA's living in a residential lot in the main 'hood can definitely start a Greek House, which allows them to throw toga parties and they sometimes get the "Go To Campus" thing in their queue the same was as in a university sub-hood Greek House and then come back with pizza (and presumably other stuff at higher levels, I've never got one to a high enough level to find out if it works or not).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 1:13 PM
Interesting, thanks Laura. I tend to keep dorms and Greek houses to UNI sub hoods these days and keep college from home in the main hood, but I'll have to give that a try sometime.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No, because there's no zoning for "Greek House." They're zoned residential. You change them to Greeks by applying for a charter over the phone, an option only available in University subhoods.

changeLotZoning greek

I've never actually used this because I don't build many lots or play Greek houses very often. Keep in mind that rezoning a lot while sims are living in it is generally a Very Bad Thing, so I don't know how this would work. If you rezone it while it's empty, wouldn't that mean that nobody could move in? Or is there a way to hack a membership for your sims like there is for the secret society?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:25 AM
The reason I'm wondering about doing this goes back to my previous thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...stpost&t=586317.

Since I am thinking of how to use it for my cult, that is why I would want adults living in the house, although YA's could as well. And yes, I would not try to use changeLotZoning greek while any sims were living in the house, it is indeed a VBT.

When I read about Greek houses on campus, I thought - hey! This might work for my cult house, the founder/leader of the cult could phone for the charter, and the pledge part would be so perfect for cult newbies to be initiated into the cult.

I guess the only way to know if it would work is to try it!

Scholar
#11 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:27 AM
Back up and then try it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 12:54 AM
If the gold record can do it I wouldn't fiddle with changing zoning which I doubt will work.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 5:20 AM
Well I just tested out Lion's mod in a test hood and it seems to work the way I was hoping. So now, next step is to do some further testing, then flesh out the details of what my cult is going to look like, and then I'll set up the actual cult house and cult leader in my main hood. Woopee!