Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:05 PM
Whats your favourite Sim stories?
Hey guys, i have tried to look for a post like this, i found one on GoS but it was quite old and some of the stories led to dead links
So i was wondering what your favourite Sim stories are? What would you recommend to others?
I haven't read many stories myself, i love peoples pictures/stories on tumblr but thats about it...

I am currently reading Strangetown, Here we come and i love it! It makes me want to play Strangetown myself and really explore all the characters.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:09 PM
If you like Strangetown then may I recommend "Reloading Strangetown" here at MTS.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you like Strangetown then may I recommend "Reloading Strangetown" here at MTS.

Thank you i will check it out!!

Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
There's a thread requesting favourite stories here

Doh Of course there is! I thought there must be, i just didn't search well enough. Thank you!

I do have to say though, it makes me sad to see all the dead links for these stories
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaRats
I do have to say though, it makes me sad to see all the dead links for these stories

Me too. For instance I was trying to reread the Boolpropian Round Robin legacy, which I loved, but bits and pieces are missing.

At least a lot of my favorite exchange stories were saved here: http://clockwatching.net/~jack/s2/reader/ (including the beginning of the Boolpropian Round Robin; use CTRL + F to search for bpproject).

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Me too. For instance I was trying to reread the Boolpropian Round Robin legacy, which I loved, but bits and pieces are missing.

At least a lot of my favorite exchange stories were saved here: http://clockwatching.net/~jack/s2/reader/ (including the beginning of the Boolpropian Round Robin; use CTRL + F to search for bpproject).

Thank you, that link is very useful, i will check out Boolpropian Round Robin! So many stories that were on the exchange are gone, its nice to see there were some backups!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 5:08 PM
Quinndominion has done lovely things with Widespot here: http://quinndominion.livejournal.com/

But she and livejournal and photobucket have had a lot of drama and she may not be able to finish any of it. This makes me sad.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#7 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 6:16 PM
There is a sims story exchange and a Sims Stories Data Base on tumblr - lots of options here for your reading enjoyment. The latter has more sims 2 stories listed but both have stories with sims 2 and 3.

BTW my favorite sims story was taken off the internet but I really love Freelala's story she did for a contest here on MTS. It's called 'Avalanche' and it's a science fiction genre. Very compelling plot and very nice pics too

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:49 PM
My favourite thing to do when I am bored is go and reread old legacies, mainly Candi's and Toasts or their Apoc or Asylum challenges. Found on Clock Watching.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:57 PM
Wow, thank you for all the suggestion guys! I love all the creativity in the sims community.

There's a new story i have seen from yakumtsaki called No love lost, i love her legacy she posts on tumblr so will definitely be checking this one out too.

Oh and if you haven't seen there is a Christmas mystery story going on right now on Dunne-ias tumblr, each day she releases a new chapter and the readers have to try and solve who committed the murder, it features maxis sims too!
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:16 PM
Default Olive Spectre
Hands down Olive Spectre from Strangetown!

Just because she is such a bizarre sim. I like that there is so much mystery attached to her. Like how does she know the Grim Reaper? Why are there so.. so.. so many dead people in her backyard? And who on earth has a GRAVEYARD FOR A GARDEN???

The implied notion that she killed all of these poor people is very interesting. But what makes it more crazy is that she has a freaking seat facing the graves WHY???

She probably sits there having a blast as she relishes in her macabre accomplishments like a crazy witch...FREAKY (also she eats popcorn as she sits there)
Theorist
#11 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:35 PM
A while back I was able to help someone locate a story written years back. They couldn't recall the name of the story or the writer, what they did remember was the plot. It was a story that I myself avidly followed and so knew the who wrote it and where they could find it. That story, I won't link to it as it does have 'adult' pictures, was called Unholy Vows by LP. Unfortunately LP passed away in 2010 from cancer, however her stories live on at her site on Yuku, The Writers Wel, as well as some (not sure if all) are on Sexy Sims.

Also, A Continent Too Far by Bethgael, which also started on Sexy Sims and moved over to her own place on, Cassiopeia on Yuku.

If you want to read some good stories, yes there is 'adult' pictures in both, but I highly recommend lookin them up (so long as your of legal age that is :D)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 10:50 PM
@Peevpee - This is why i love Strangetown so many interesting characters, with Olive and the Beakers there are some great villains.

Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
A while back I was able to help someone locate a story written years back. They couldn't recall the name of the story or the writer, what they did remember was the plot. It was a story that I myself avidly followed and so knew the who wrote it and where they could find it. That story, I won't link to it as it does have 'adult' pictures, was called Unholy Vows by LP. Unfortunately LP passed away in 2010 from cancer, however her stories live on at her site on Yuku, The Writers Wel, as well as some (not sure if all) are on Sexy Sims.

Also, A Continent Too Far by Bethgael, which also started on Sexy Sims and moved over to her own place on, Cassiopeia on Yuku.

If you want to read some good stories, yes there is 'adult' pictures in both, but I highly recommend lookin them up (so long as your of legal age that is :D)

Thank you for the suggestions, i don't mind adult pictures I suppose it is nice to know she lives on in her stories.

I found the page for all of LP's stories, wow she wrote a lot, i can't wait to delve in!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 11:28 PM
Alchemist
#14 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:04 AM
the "dead" links might be readable through the Wayback Machine site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 1:07 PM
@Mom50409 Thank you for the links, i always enjoy videos because it allows me to multi-task

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
the "dead" links might be readable through the Wayback Machine site.

Very true! I will try it with some of the dead ones i really wanted to check out... Although sometimes wayback machine can still cause issues, like missing images etc, i use it for dead sim sites a lot.
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaRats
I am currently reading Strangetown, Here we come and i love it! It makes me want to play Strangetown myself and really explore all the characters.

THANK YOU for sharing that because I can not put it down! It is SO good!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
THANK YOU for sharing that because I can not put it down! It is SO good!

Yay! :lovestruc Im really glad you are liking it, its so nice to see these stories getting some love! I have been reading some chapters each night before bed, always saying "just one more"...