Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 12:31 PM
Default Removing bin sims
So I started playing TS2 again recently and decided that, instead of playing a pre-made town, I'd just choose an empty map to fill myself. Well, the first thing I did was delete the bin sims, since I had no intention of playing them, before learning how dangerous that is. I've already finished decorating and populating the town (and have only played 3 houses) and haven't seen any corruption yet, but I'm still concerned about it. I'd rather not get a few generations in before it starts showing. Is there any way to fix whatever I may have done, even slightly?
If I've complete ruined the neighborhood, I don't mind remaking it. I'll just have to install empty stealth neighborhoods to remove them properly, right? Or would there be more? I just want to get rid of pre-mades.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 12:44 PM
You have corrupted your hood by deleting them. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there, corruption means data is being misread and the data from those deleted sims will find someplace to attach itself to, someplace it should not be. You can use Hood Checker to mop up your hood but it won't fix everything.

Yes either use empty stealth hoods or just kill the sims and make a graveyard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:09 PM
If you want get rid of premade townies, you need also replace Pleasantview template with empty one before starting new custom hood: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
If you want get rid of premade townies, you need also replace Pleasantview template with empty one before starting new custom hood: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments

Is it just Pleasantview that I need to replace? What about Strangetown and Veronaville?
And, in the custom neighborhood, if I decide to add a pre-made sub-hood, will I have needed to replace the template beforehand also?

What will this all do to the townies? If this deletes them all, will they respawn when needed?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 9:16 PM
Strangetown and Veronaville and any other playable hood are not connected to any custom hood you make, all the regular townies you see in every custom hood such as Goopy come on the Pleasanview Template, from the one in the Installation files. Then there are townies connected to Uni's, Shopping Districts, Downtown and BV destinations. You either use the empty template or no template method. Into your game you also need all the no regen mods to stop the game making them or leave them out if you want the game to make them. You can also mix and match, perhaps deciding you want BV townies and just leave that template.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Strangetown and Veronaville and any other playable hood are not connected to any custom hood you make, all the regular townies you see in every custom hood such as Goopy come on the Pleasanview Template, from the one in the Installation files. Then there are townies connected to Uni's, Shopping Districts, Downtown and BV destinations. You either use the empty template or no template method. Into your game you also need all the no regen mods to stop the game making them or leave them out if you want the game to make them. You can also mix and match, perhaps deciding you want BV townies and just leave that template.

Ok, I'll just put in an empty template for Pleasantview. If I decide to add any subhood, then I have to change the template for them. Or do the subhood templates have to be changed before the creation of the main hood?
Also, even though I'm trying to delete pre-made sims, I don't mind if the game creates more. I just wanted different people, as well as trying to avoid as much corruption before starting as possible.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating really easy information. I'm just learning about the inner workings of this game, and I don't want to break anything.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 10:00 PM
Everything has to be changed before you create the hood or sub-hoods if you're using templates. The whole point is the game copies the templates at hood creation.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 11:19 AM
The EPs come with two types of subhoods - normal subhoods like Takemizu, and stealth subhoods. You don't need to replace the normal subhoods with clean versions until/unless you want to add one to your 'hood. The stealth subhoods, however, are always added as soon as you make a new 'hood, and they are what adds the sim bin families. So to avoid getting sim bin families in your new 'hood, you need to replace or remove the stealth subhoods before you make the 'hood.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 1:25 PM
Just to put it in this thread, the safest known way of deleting existing Sims is to follow this guide. It'll still cause some corruption, but not nearly in such a drastic, destructive, BFBVFS (Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space) that the family bin delete button does. Also, don't move occupied lots into the lot bin, ever! More useful tips on how to avoid corruption can be found here.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 3:45 PM
One other alternative is turning bin Sims into townies. They'll still be around, but not as playables.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives