Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 2:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Sims 3 version is more recent than expected - Late Night Installation?
I just reinstalled the Sims 3 on my Mac, it went fine. I previously bought Late Night from amazon and downloaded the Mac version. When I try to install it, I get a "Validation Error" which says...

"Sims 3 version is more recent than expected. The sims 3 Late Night could be incompatible
Make sure you get all the updates before playing."

When I ignore the message and proceed with install, it seems to install fine. However, I cannot find the Late Night icon or game launcher anywhere on my computer, even after searching for it in Finder. Also, when I try to use the launcher for the base game, it comes up "unknown error" - (I'm assuming because I need to use the Late Night launcher since that is the most recent game installed).

I've uninstalled Late Nigh and the base game starts working normal again. I've updated my base game from the Launcher, and is has no new updates for me. What's the issue? Is there some sort of patch I need? I really know nothing about patches! Please be in depth if/when you answer my question. Please help! I want to play Late Night so bad!

Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 4:43 PM
I cannot explain the Launcher's actions. But if you're patched up to date, the base game is newer than an un-patched Late Night that has just been installed. You are going to need to patch the game again to get Late Night running properly. -Hopefully- once you have run the patch again and patched Late Night the Launcher will be willing to let you play it.

(You can download patches without going through the Launcher. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:TS3_Patching has links for the patches.)

Edit Ooops, you said you're on a Mac. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ch_Download_OSX has the MAC patches.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 7:21 PM
I re-installed the Late Night EP and followed the link and downloaded the patch for Late Night, but it asks me to "Select the Late Night application and click update", but the problem is I can't find the Late Night Application or icon. There is no trace of it on my computer aside from the .dmg and installers when I search for Late Night in my Finder. I chose to have it save in my applications folder during installation. I don't understand what the problem is! So frustrating