Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#4376 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 2:40 AM
about disabling certain behavior; it would be through some TTAB (Pie Menu Functions) in SimPE . the Simantics Resource Finder could help look for the specific one.
Advertisement
Scholar
#4377 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 11:04 PM
I'd like to see a mod that stops loading houses if you move them in.
Mad Poster
#4378 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
We don't call them cots, a cot over here is a baby bed or what the US calls a crib.

In the south we call them baby beds.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#4379 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 11:56 PM
lot loading when moving a household in; I think that is part of the game engine. though I am not entirely sure.
if it is part of the game engine, then no mod could change it.
Scholar
#4380 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 1:30 AM Last edited by alljoj : 27th Oct 2016 at 8:19 PM.
I know, but in a perfect world, EAxis will release the source code and the game will finally be fixed.

Edit because I would have been bumping: I'd like a mod that introduces a declawing system. Plop the token on the cat and their Scratch need will never go down and they're blocked from scratching.
Alchemist
#4381 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
lot loading when moving a household in; I think that is part of the game engine. though I am not entirely sure.
if it is part of the game engine, then no mod could change it.
This is more of a thread about wishes, not a list of hacks that a person expects someone to make.

I'd like to be able to control which diggables were found on which lot. I'd make an active archaeology career with a pit with fossils, an old settlement where Sims could find pottery shards etc.
Mad Poster
#4382 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 6:57 PM
I've seen the whole grow up to be a young adult without going to college mod, but what about a birthday mod that has the teen grow up to a young adult and have the choice of moving to college after the party is over if his or her grades are high enough? If the teen's grades weren't high enough, the teen then grows again - into an adult. The cinematic would be the same as the base game grow to adult cinematic. It's kinda cool, and it's something players miss if they don't want the memory of being uneducated.
Mad Poster
#4383 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Edit because I would have been bumping: I'd like a mod that introduces a declawing system. Plop the token on the cat and their Scratch need will never go down and they're blocked from scratching.

No way! Declawing is cruel.
Scholar
#4384 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 3:51 AM
At home, I have cats that came with their front two claws taken out so they could still scratch themselves and such. (They were rescues.) I think it's cruel to remove all four. Anyways, that's off-topic.
Mad Poster
#4385 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 6:54 AM
Would you like your fingers down to your knuckles amputated? No? That's what declawing does.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#4386 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 7:39 AM
Bleh.

I just wanted a bit more realism.
Instructor
#4387 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 8:35 AM
I'd like a hack that would make dormies get dressed into everyday clothes as they leave the dorm for lectures/exams - all of my dorms have a hot-tub and the front street looks like the swim-suit parade of a Mr/Ms Sim pageant!
Mad Poster
#4388 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 9:12 AM
A custom object of Crumplebottom's sock thing that lets Sims knit and possibly increase their sewing badges.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4389 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A custom object of Crumplebottom's sock thing that lets Sims knit and possibly increase their sewing badges.

Does everything except the sewing badge. http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...-time-required/
Instructor
#4390 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 12:09 PM
Has anyone posted about this already: working chemistry lab kit a la TS1? (Funny, TS2 misses several things from TS1, and EAxis brought back(?) a few(maybe) of them into TS3 and TS4...)
Top Secret Researcher
#4391 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 2:10 PM
Oh, I'd love a return of the chemistry set. Sans the potion that crashes the game, of course.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4392 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 4:18 PM
Thanks for the knitting thing.

I think omglo was looking for something on a lot-to-lot basis; unless you closed the game in-between and swapped in the different Mod Your Dig thingies, which would probably be a pain in the butt.

(I'm afraid this is far less coherent than I intended.)

Alchemist
#4393 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:28 PM
Right, I'd like to be able to have different sorts of dig sites on different lots. So Sims wouldn't regularly be making monumental archaeological discoveries in their backyards.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4394 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:12 AM
I would love to understand how it works...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4395 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 10:06 AM
A mod that adds random gem ores to the treasure digging. Like, when you find an ore, you can send it to get cut. Or the mod can include a special gem-cutting crafting station that gives arts and crafts or tinkering enthusiasm. Make Sims 2 more like Sims 2.5, dangit! XD
Mad Poster
#4396 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
A mod that adds random gem ores to the treasure digging. Like, when you find an ore, you can send it to get cut. Or the mod can include a special gem-cutting crafting station that gives arts and crafts or tinkering enthusiasm. Make Sims 2 more like Sims 2.5, dangit! XD

Not exactly same but my thought was where all these crafting stations are taking their materials...
Why not to buy stone for toys but dig them up?
Maybe find some ore for blacksmith and robot crafting?
Grow flowers yourself?
Mad Poster
#4397 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Not exactly same but my thought was where all these crafting stations are taking their materials...
Why not to buy stone for toys but dig them up?
Maybe find some ore for blacksmith and robot crafting?
Grow flowers yourself?

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240
Alchemist
#4398 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I like the gem cutting idea. They have that in TS3.
Top Secret Researcher
#4399 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 11:03 PM
I'd love to see the "Days since move-in" counter from TS1 brought back. I miss the convenience of it. Just one click to see how long it's been!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4400 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 11:08 PM
And then having it reset because the apartment they're living in glitched and you had to move them out and back in...

I wouldn't mind seeing something along Skyrim's Mod Organizer for TS2. You could set different profiles that have different mods without copying folders in and out. Combine it with Clean Installer, the Hack Conflict Utility, and AGS and it'd be perfect. (Also Bashed Patches - where you could tweak various smaller settings and then just merge them all into one file. That's not MO itself though but Wrye Bash, another modding tool.)

Page 176 of 580